Bengals at Lions Game Thread --- 2021 Season Game 6

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The kid is "Generational"

Honestly I was originally kinda worried he was going to be a stat-whore prima-donna after some of his initial post-draft comments.  So happy I was dead wrong.  The way the kid competes, the fire, the team focus, the block today, the fact that he regrouped and hustled after the interception and was in on the tackle, he and Joe and teammates on the sidelines, etc, etc, etc.  He is special indeed.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

So you really can’t see that Chase is a better player than Sewell, or do you just flat out refuse to admit it?

Can we just get over the fact that people are entitled to their opinion. And just because it is not your opinion or the majority opinion they are wrong.

(Lol, I almost said except for Tibor) The guy likes Sewell. He may become the greatest offensive tackle since Anthony Munoz. Chase may become the greatest wide receiver ever... Who cares? They are both rookies and hopefully have long great careers ahead of them. All that matters right now is Chase is helping this team win games. Not a comparison if a rookie WR is better than a rookie tackle/guard. Who is a better player is not even a comparison between the two. Sewell doesn`t score touchdowns, so the Bengals went with the guy they felt fit the team better.  Crazy, people just want to argue over petty shit. Why would he admit he was wrong? No one knows how different this offensive line would have been adding Sewell and a different wide receiver in a later round. Joe Burrow with more time to throw would be even more trouble for defenses. Yeah I wanted Chase and happy to have him, but doesn`t make me right or anyone else wrong. Hell we knew the Lions had to throw the ball late in the game but their offensive line held up when guys should have been getting garbage time sacks. Then again that is just my opinion so if yours is different, please carry on with the childish behavior and I will try to ignore and still enjoy the win. 😝

Just now, High School Harry said:

Hellava way to start Year 2.

You know... this has all the makings of a trap game for Baltimore.

Well, assuming Cartman didn't give the whole team COVID.

Not impossible.

Wonder if they bring anyone in this week the way they brought Spain in last year

8 hours ago, saphead said:

Me too. And my stupid fucking cable company has dropped the Dayton FOX channel WKEF. We are 45 miles straight north of Dayton. Dumb fucking idiotic morons. 

Get an amazon firestick and cancel your cable.I get thousands of channels free.Even hbo,cinemax,show time etc.Plus I can watch all college and nfl games every week.All free.

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

So you really can’t see that Chase is a better player than Sewell, or do you just flat out refuse to admit it?

You can compare a OLman to a WR? Did I ever say Chase was not good? Nope. Maybe we can say the DBs covering him suck, right?  By your logic and others in the opposite manner. 

2 hours ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Can we just get over the fact that people are entitled to their opinion. And just because it is not your opinion or the majority opinion they are wrong.

(Lol, I almost said except for Tibor) The guy likes Sewell. He may become the greatest offensive tackle since Anthony Munoz. Chase may become the greatest wide receiver ever... Who cares? They are both rookies and hopefully have long great careers ahead of them. All that matters right now is Chase is helping this team win games. Not a comparison if a rookie WR is better than a rookie tackle/guard. Who is a better player is not even a comparison between the two. Sewell doesn`t score touchdowns, so the Bengals went with the guy they felt fit the team better.  Crazy, people just want to argue over petty shit. Why would he admit he was wrong? No one knows how different this offensive line would have been adding Sewell and a different wide receiver in a later round. Joe Burrow with more time to throw would be even more trouble for defenses. Yeah I wanted Chase and happy to have him, but doesn`t make me right or anyone else wrong. Hell we knew the Lions had to throw the ball late in the game but their offensive line held up when guys should have been getting garbage time sacks. Then again that is just my opinion so if yours is different, please carry on with the childish behavior and I will try to ignore and still enjoy the win. 😝

Exactly!  A lot on here think their opinion is the correct one and never another.  I guess I am not in the click.  😂 Great Post! 👍

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

I was a Rashawn Slater whore, personally. Thought he was the best OL to come out of the draft since Quinton Nelson.

Chase was choice #2 for me.

That would be a great debate that you could argue every week Slater vs Sewell.

Of course the Slater backers would be winning that debate so far. But will be interesting to see how their careers play out.  

you cant compare the 2,

OL play every snap and effect the outcome of every run or pass. 

wrs dont play every snap   and the OL has to block good enough for them to make a diffeance in the run game ,

because we did so little in FA I i wanted the best possible OL in the draft for Barrow  and that was  Sewell 

but i am just glad we got a good player cause  we have had way too many busts from the 1st round  

Archived