Sewer Brewer: Week 6

This thread has made me laugh so many times over the years.  Way more than the self-rightous "you're ruining the board" know it alls. 

It is so much better to stick to threads where three guys can find ways to tell everyone who will listen that they told you so. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I get that you are tired of all the bitching about it.  If you ban the topic you are just letting a handful of Gladys Kravits' tell you how to run the board. 

and now if they keep it after they said they'd drop it ....they are letting you ....tell them how to run the board. 

seriously once we win a playoff game we shouldnt need to have a bad player award,  in fact you dont support a team by degrading its players,  once they win a play off game after so many bullshit years, i think they have earned that right. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Why?  It hurts no one.  Just a bunch of people who want everyone to think and act like them.  Now you'll have Jamie talking about how the thread is going away every week and every time Tibor makes a post. 

I have faith the thread is going nowhere soon.  

32 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

and now if they keep it after they said they'd drop it ....they are letting you ....tell them how to run the board. 

seriously once we win a playoff game we shouldnt need to have a bad player award,  in fact you dont support a team by degrading its players,  once they win a play off game after so many bullshit years, i think they have earned that right. 

We already have a thread called the Good, Bad and Ugly.  Eli Apple owns the ugly section.  

I highly doubt we win a playoff game for at least 14 months so there is that.

My problem with the award is that in some weeks (like today). nobody rose to the high standard of being a chain smoking 3rd round tight end pick of the Bengals who never caught a pass. 

Maybe update the award and call it the John Ross or Cedric Ogbuehi award. 

2 hours ago, stryker57 said:

Suggesting the mods to follow board rules and let folks do what they want within those rules is telling them how to run the board?  Damn.  I had no idea. 

Amazing how live and let live is such a difficult and unacceptable concept. 

10 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Why?  It hurts no one.  Just a bunch of people who want everyone to think and act like them.  Now you'll have Jamie talking about how the thread is going away every week and every time Tibor makes a post. 

Naw, I'm not convinced this team is going to win a playoff game this year yet. I still think we are likely one good free agency and draft away from being that team.

It could happen though. And if this thread dies as a result it's just more reason to enjoy a playoff win.

I honestly chuckle more about the people that get twisted over this post every week than the post itself. They know what it's going to say yet they click it and wind themselves up. EVERY. DAMN. WEEK.

Just ignore it. Don't click on it. Move to the next thread. As the Joker said, "Why so serious?"

The more people get all whipped up and respond and cry the funnier the guy finds himself.

54 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I honestly chuckle more about the people that get twisted over this post every week than the post itself. They know what it's going to say yet they click it and wind themselves up. EVERY. DAMN. WEEK.

Just ignore it. Don't click on it. Move to the next thread. As the Joker said, "Why so serious?"

The more people get all whipped up and respond and cry the funnier the guy finds himself.

1372095E-AB36-4313-B69C-6D82DF8C88B1.gif

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

We already have a thread called the Good, Bad and Ugly.  Eli Apple owns the ugly section.  

I highly doubt we win a playoff game for at least 14 months so there is that.

My problem with the award is that in some weeks (like today). nobody rose to the high standard of being a chain smoking 3rd round tight end pick of the Bengals who never caught a pass. 

Maybe update the award and call it the John Ross or Cedric Ogbuehi award. 

Sewer Brewer rolls off the tongue. I like it and I like even more that this team has weeks where we struggle to find an awardee. That's a good thing

3 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Sewer Brewer rolls off the tongue. I like it and I like even more that this team has weeks where we struggle to find an awardee. That's a good thing

What about Dead Ced or Boss Ross?  There is a difference between a 1st round and 3 rd round bust.  Or the “aKillMe” Award?

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

What about Dead Ced or Boss Ross?  There is a difference between a 1st round and 3 rd round bust.  Or the “aKillMe” Award?

At least “aKillMe” was widely considered to be a good pick.  No one, not even Brewer, thought he would be picked. Especially in the third round. He is an appropriate symbol of the Bengals incompetence of that era. 

7 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

At least “aKillMe” was widely considered to be a good pick.  No one, not even Brewer, thought he would be picked. Especially in the third round. He is an appropriate symbol of the Bengals incompetence of that era. 

And thus when we win a playoff game that incompetence will be of a bygone era, so closing down the thread at that point appropriate. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

And thus when we win a playoff game that incompetence will be of a bygone era, so closing down the thread at that point appropriate. 

If Tibor wants to shut it down, fine.  It's his creation.

A bunch of whiners that can't stand for some other folks to have some fun shutting it down?  That's bullshit. 

6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

If Tibor wants to shut it down, fine.  It's his creation.

A bunch of whiners that can't stand for some other folks to have some fun shutting it down?  That's bullshit. 

I have been a fan for 47 years.  I am confident the thread will be around a bit longer.   

4 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Like i said awhile back Tibor isnt changing his style and just ignore him if it bothers a few so much..

Your right about they complain then go and post their views anyway..

Kinda silly..

Change the name?

Really?  I don't think you young people understand how horrible Sean "Sewer" Brewer actually was.  Sure John Grubb was a waste of a top 10 pick but he at least scored touchdowns.  He was just picked way too early for a QB (Dullton) that sucked and should have been kicked to the curb. 

Sean Brewer:

Third round pick who was taken way too early

Active smoker - yeah, that's right.  He was smoking in college

Zero catches in his Bengal career.

Zero.  Even Urine Sample hasn't been that horrible.   A true bum in every sense of the word.   The fact that he played on that 2002 team which was arguably the worst in franchise history takes the cake.  They only won 2 games that year and one was against an expansion game.  The Frerotten left handed pass and the delay of game penalty on the first offensive play of the year. 

In fact according to NFL.com, it doesn't have him listed as having a catch at all in his career.  Not sure if this is right - I thought he caught passes for Atlanta.  His only career stat as a Bengal was a tackle.  Likely after a Frerotten INT.  That's just hilarious.

Brewer was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the third round (66th overall) in the 2001 NFL Draft. However shortly after being drafted by the Bengals, it was discovered that Brewer had a pack-a-day cigarette addiction.[4] As a rookie in 2001, Brewer did not see any game action due to a pulled groin. Brewer sat out of the May 2002 mini-camp and voluntary workouts due to a slightly torn hamstring.[5] He returned to practice on May 21, 2002.[6]

The Bengals promoted Brewer to be the number-one tight end after waiving Tony McGee.[6][7] Brewer was competing with Reggie Kelly, Matt Schobel, and Tony Stewart for the starting tight end position.[8] Despite suffering from a bruised kneecap, Brewer played in the first three games of the 2002 season.[1][5] In Week 3 on September 22, Brewer sprained his left knee.[9] Projected to be out for 3 to 4 weeks,[10] Brewer had knee surgery on October 28, 2002 and was placed on injured reserve one week later.[11][12] After battling with Schobel for the starting job once again in 2003, he was waived on August 31, 2003.[13]

Personally I don't have a problem with the thread, but maybe people would feel better about it if it was moved to Talkin' Sh!t? Technically isn't that what this thread is about, talking smack about a particular player/coach, deservedly or not?

14 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Change the name?

Really?  I don't think you young people understand how horrible Sean "Sewer" Brewer actually was.  Sure John Grubb was a waste of a top 10 pick but he at least scored touchdowns.  He was just picked way too early for a QB (Dullton) that sucked and should have been kicked to the curb. 

Sean Brewer:

Third round pick who was taken way too early

Active smoker - yeah, that's right.  He was smoking in college

Zero catches in his Bengal career.

Zero.  Even Urine Sample hasn't been that horrible.   A true bum in every sense of the word.   The fact that he played on that 2002 team which was arguably the worst in franchise history takes the cake.  They only won 2 games that year and one was against an expansion game.  The Frerotten left handed pass and the delay of game penalty on the first offensive play of the year. 

In fact according to NFL.com, it doesn't have him listed as having a catch at all in his career.  Not sure if this is right - I thought he caught passes for Atlanta.  His only career stat as a Bengal was a tackle.  Likely after a Frerotten INT.  That's just hilarious.

Brewer was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the third round (66th overall) in the 2001 NFL Draft. However shortly after being drafted by the Bengals, it was discovered that Brewer had a pack-a-day cigarette addiction.[4] As a rookie in 2001, Brewer did not see any game action due to a pulled groin. Brewer sat out of the May 2002 mini-camp and voluntary workouts due to a slightly torn hamstring.[5] He returned to practice on May 21, 2002.[6]

The Bengals promoted Brewer to be the number-one tight end after waiving Tony McGee.[6][7] Brewer was competing with Reggie Kelly, Matt Schobel, and Tony Stewart for the starting tight end position.[8] Despite suffering from a bruised kneecap, Brewer played in the first three games of the 2002 season.[1][5] In Week 3 on September 22, Brewer sprained his left knee.[9] Projected to be out for 3 to 4 weeks,[10] Brewer had knee surgery on October 28, 2002 and was placed on injured reserve one week later.[11][12] After battling with Schobel for the starting job once again in 2003, he was waived on August 31, 2003.[13]

And he's still better than SOME PEOPLE!!

16 minutes ago, Griever said:

Personally I don't have a problem with the thread, but maybe people would feel better about it if it was moved to Talkin' Sh!t? Technically isn't that what this thread is about, talking smack about a particular player/coach, deservedly or not?

If that was the qualifier half the threads would have to be moved there.  

The main shit talking here is from those that don’t like it.  

I'm sure nobody cares, but whatever I'll share a perspective as someone who doesn't use this forum terribly often:

Threads like this give the forum the look of one filled with miserable fans who cannot escape their traumatic experiences from the '90s, and that turns people away. I am a very long-time contributor to various forums, most often Bengalszone for football dialogue (currently down, which brings me here and to Jungle Noise) -- I've always wanted to be involved with Go-Bengals, because it's another outlet to shoot the shit about my favorite team. I've avoided it like the plague though, because dealing with the mentality that inspires "Sewer Brewer" and any thread or post of a similar inspiration is not something I would call "enjoyable".

This isn't meant as a dig on the forum or its people; I realize it's not a fair generalization. But it is a perception. I would be quite surprised if I am the only one who has had that perception. Take that however you will, gang.

You don’t like the thread and that’s OK.  Frankly, the biggest issue that is ugly for the board is the constant bitching about the thread.  Talk about miserable. 

Nothing about the thread is out side of the board rules.  It hurts no one, yet it’s the biggest bitchfest on the board.  Some folks want to have a laugh in a dark kind of way.  Different strokes.  

In my opinion it all comes down to not being able to tolerate those who look at things differently.  

2 hours ago, OU_Stripes said:

I'm sure nobody cares, but whatever I'll share a perspective as someone who doesn't use this forum terribly often:

Threads like this give the forum the look of one filled with miserable fans who cannot escape their traumatic experiences from the '90s, and that turns people away. I am a very long-time contributor to various forums, most often Bengalszone for football dialogue (currently down, which brings me here and to Jungle Noise) -- I've always wanted to be involved with Go-Bengals, because it's another outlet to shoot the shit about my favorite team. I've avoided it like the plague though, because dealing with the mentality that inspires "Sewer Brewer" and any thread or post of a similar inspiration is not something I would call "enjoyable".

This isn't meant as a dig on the forum or its people; I realize it's not a fair generalization. But it is a perception. I would be quite surprised if I am the only one who has had that perception. Take that however you will, gang.

If this organization had won ANYTHING in the post season the last 30 years then maybe some of us wouldn’t be so jaded.    I mean we kept Marvin around forever then hired a guy with almost zero head coaching experience save a short stint as UC’s O Coordinator.  

You are confusing mentality with reality. 

2 hours ago, OU_Stripes said:

thanks for articulating this so well OU...worth saying even if those that need to hear it won't listen. 

Archived