Sewer Brewer: Week 6

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

If this organization had won ANYTHING in the post season the last 30 years then maybe some of us wouldn’t be so jaded.    I mean we kept Marvin around forever then hired a guy with almost zero head coaching experience save a short stint as UC’s O Coordinator.  

You are confusing mentality with reality. 

Those under 30 don’t understand the mindset.  They didn’t experience it, so it seems crazy to them.   I get that.  

On the other hand telling the old guys to STFU because you don’t get it is arrogant as hell.  Look away or find some level of tolerance for us stupid old guys.  You’ll be one someday.  

I used to post here a lot, and stopped when it became too negative. Call me a snowflake or whatever you will, but I refuse to surround myself with unnecessary negativity. Enough of that shit in real life. I decided to give the site another shot that things are turning around (hopefully), but I see a lot of people missing. And it's not nearly as active as it once was.

So, yeah, one has to decide a little extra policing and keeping things positive vs freedom to stomp on all Bengals stuff.

18 minutes ago, membengal said:

I'm 50. I've seen almost all of it. And Tibor is a bad person. And OU's perspective is valid. But, hey. As long as Tibor is free to troll and fuck up the site, c'est la vie I guess. 

Sewer Brewer vs. hijacking every thread for Chase vs. Sewell.   I would say it’s a draw.  

12 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

freedumb

Look, I’m not one of these right wing dudes.   But, not being able to tolerate different points of view is horrible.  We’re not talking about racism, sexism, homophobia or anything that harms people.  Just people having fun in a way you don’t like.  Messed up. 

3 hours ago, OU_Stripes said:

I'm sure nobody cares, but whatever I'll share a perspective as someone who doesn't use this forum terribly often:

Threads like this give the forum the look of one filled with miserable fans who cannot escape their traumatic experiences from the '90s, and that turns people away. I am a very long-time contributor to various forums, most often Bengalszone for football dialogue (currently down, which brings me here and to Jungle Noise) -- I've always wanted to be involved with Go-Bengals, because it's another outlet to shoot the shit about my favorite team. I've avoided it like the plague though, because dealing with the mentality that inspires "Sewer Brewer" and any thread or post of a similar inspiration is not something I would call "enjoyable".

This isn't meant as a dig on the forum or its people; I realize it's not a fair generalization. But it is a perception. I would be quite surprised if I am the only one who has had that perception. Take that however you will, gang.

Dayum dude, you've put up some really solid posts lately.  I'd like to see you hang around and post more...good stuff IMHO.

FWIW, I consider myself a positive homer type, and was initially against Tibor and this thread in particular, but honestly, it can be somewhat amusing/entertaining and at times, and a nice frustration outlet when things go bad...if taken with a huge grain of "Tibor Salt" of course...he's an acquired taste.

27 minutes ago, steggyD said:

I used to post here a lot, and stopped when it became too negative. Call me a snowflake or whatever you will, but I refuse to surround myself with unnecessary negativity. Enough of that shit in real life. I decided to give the site another shot that things are turning around (hopefully), but I see a lot of people missing. And it's not nearly as active as it once was.

So, yeah, one has to decide a little extra policing and keeping things positive vs freedom to stomp on all Bengals stuff.

You have been missed.  Wish you'd come back more often and post more.

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Look, I’m not one of these right wing dudes.   But, not being able to tolerate different points of view is horrible.  We’re not talking about racism, sexism, homophobia or anything that harms people.  Just people having fun in a way you don’t like.  Messed up. 

Different points of view are fine, we all can have them....shitting all over the team you are supposedly a fan of is embarrassing. 

And I'm not even a homer that wants everything to be positive, but actively mocking players in this way is pathetic.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

Different points of view are fine, we all can have them....shitting all over the team you are supposedly a fan of is embarrassing. 

And I'm not even a homer that wants everything to be positive, but actively mocking players in this way is pathetic.

No one is shitting all over the team.  Just making fun of the dysfunctional team we follow.  Putting up with it for all these years gives us that right. 

How about this.  You tolerate the Brewer and I’ll tolerate the endless Chase vs. Sewell nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

No one is shitting all over the team.  Just making fun of the dysfunctional team we follow.  Putting up with it for all these years gives us that right. 

How about this.  You tolerate the Brewer and I’ll tolerate the endless Chase vs. Sewell nonsense. 

I have a feeling both will end at the end of the year.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I'm 50. I've seen almost all of it. And Tibor is a bad person. And OU's perspective is valid. But, hey. As long as Tibor is free to troll and fuck up the site, c'est la vie I guess. 

Your view of anything Tibor posts isnt 

criteria for that..

Im not understanding the  contempt for a poster that would have you disappear.

Its only a website that has many perceptions on topics..

His posts are meaningless unless it affects you which it doesn't  me..

Theres a certain brotherhood of avid posters on here that are all uniique in their thoughts and posts..

I wouldnt like to see you leave or any others for that matter because you dont like a certain topic..

Your better than that..

Can I make a suggestion? A compromise in the spirit of trying to reach across the divide?

To the extent tibor or anyone wants a separate thread beyond “good bad and ugly” (which is where this all might go anyway) can we just have one post-game thread that is people’s takes on “player of game” and “sewer brewer” (since that makes tibor and company happy).  

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Can I make a suggestion? A compromise in the spirit of trying to reach across the divide?

To the extent tibor or anyone wants a separate thread beyond “good bad and ugly” (which is where this all might go anyway) can we just have one post-game thread that is people’s takes on “player of game” and “sewer brewer” (since that makes tibor and company happy).  

I'm fine with that, but I don't see how it helps.  Folks that want nothing to do with the Brewer will be forced to see it if merged with a player of the game thread. 

The issue people rightfully have expressed is why the fuck is there a thread each week to wallow in shit. That sucks.

so I am proposing a joint thread Player of the game/goat of the game.

if that’s not cool it just underscores how this whole thing is just so tibor and you by extension can troll.

12 minutes ago, membengal said:

The issue people rightfully have expressed is why the fuck is there a thread each week to wallow in shit. That sucks.

so I am proposing a joint thread Player of the game/goat of the game.

if that’s not cool it just underscores how this whole thing is just so tibor and you by extension can troll.

Ya, know...you just can't have a civil conversation without getting personal, can you. 

You live in a glass house buddy.  I love your twitter updates, but all you and your buddies hijacking every thread to make it about Chase vs. Sewell and demanding people praise you or eat crow or whatever else is as immature as anything Tibor has ever done and grade A troll activity.  Take a look in the mirror, man.

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Ya, know...you just can't have a civil conversation without getting personal, can you. 

You live in a glass house buddy.  I love your twitter updates, but all you and your buddies hijacking every thread to make it about Chase vs. Sewell and demanding people praise you or eat crow or whatever else is as immature as anything Tibor has ever done and grade A troll activity.  Take a look in the mirror, man.

You know...... people are allowed to be wrong....I've been wrong about a great many things.

It's the admitting it that folks seem to have a hard time with.

No one is hijacking anything. I put up Twitter stuff of interest because this is a bengals board. No worries, I can stop doing that and will.

Should people stop posting on chase? Does a bengals decision working out make you mad? Does a bengals player doing well make you mad? Should we only wallow? Is that your agenda? Because it is tibor’s and it sucks. Casual posters have said they stay away because of it. But you do you. Bengals likely lose this week and you can celebrate that and what not. 

i propose a gentle compromise but hell nah, nothing to limit the bad faith trolling. You win.

Archived