Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

To be honest I don’t remember Browns fans saying much of anything to us since their team moved to Baltimore.  It has been a pretty rough 22 years for them.  They are not on my Hatedar like Pittspuke. 

I still think the funniest thing is that Art Modell was 100% correct.  Had to move the team in order to become a winner.  How would we feel if the Bengals went to San Antonio and Mike Brown hired a GM and won multiple Super Bowls?

Nothing is funnier than Cleveburg pain.  They had the greatest NBA player of all time (ok, maybe second greatest) and have won.... 1 title. 

35 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Yep, and oil money is gonna go higher so JF has no financial worries.

Still can't believe the Clowns wasted so much time, energy and money on him.

Why?  It’s not like there were any red flags before the draft (SF2 Googles Johnny Manziel Red Flags). Never mind. 

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

To be honest I don’t remember Browns fans saying much of anything to us since their team moved to Baltimore.  It has been a pretty rough 22 years for them.  They are not on my Hatedar like Pittspuke. 

22 years can change a lot of things. Much like here, almost a generation has risen up. What used to be a muscle memory reflex for older folks, is not apparent in the younger. 

In a lot of ways, Cleveland itself is no longer Cleveland. I spend a good amount of time up there, between business and local relatives…it is no where near what it was 20-30 years ago. Quite a pleasant place—in a number of locations. There will always be Desolation Rows, of course. 

The present day Brownie fan is even different. There are, to be sure, some older folks who are still obnoxious, etc. However, the white-hot earthy lunatics who used to populate the old Rat Trap, have basically disappeared. The Move broke them permanently. And, with the next generation being brought up in their version of the Bengal ‘90’s, little of their old snarl is left. 

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

22 years can change a lot of things. Much like here, almost a generation has risen up. What used to be a muscle memory reflex for older folks, is not apparent in the younger. 

In a lot of ways, Cleveland itself is no longer Cleveland. I spend a good amount of time up there, between business and local relatives…it is no where near what it was 20-30 years ago. Quite a pleasant place—in a number of locations. There will always be Desolation Rows, of course. 

The present day Brownie fan is even different. There are, to be sure, some older folks who are still obnoxious, etc. However, the white-hot earthy lunatics who used to populate the old Rat Trap, have basically disappeared. The Move broke them permanently. And, with the next generation being brought up in their version of the Bengal ‘90’s, little of their old snarl is left. 

Agreed. It's more a wine and cheese crowd attending the games now. It's more an event to be seen at than a game. 

But you can find some younger fans with a little snarl. (Points at my son.) 

36 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

The title of this thread makes me want to throw up in my mouth

a little bit every time I see it.

Its just a riff off of Jim Mora’s rant.  You probably have Tibs blocked, but it’s actually a positive post. 

21 hours ago, tibor75 said:

I still think the funniest thing is that Art Modell was 100% correct.  Had to move the team in order to become a winner.  How would we feel if the Bengals went to San Antonio and Mike Brown hired a GM and won multiple Super Bowls?

Nothing is funnier than Cleveburg pain.  They had the greatest NBA player of all time (ok, maybe second greatest) and have won.... 1 title. 

Shittsburgh pain is funnier..

On 10/21/2021 at 8:36 PM, whodey? said:

I forgot about that! That was some funny shit. If I remember right our defense was not nice to him that game either. 🤣

Manziel was so pathetic that even a bum like Rey Maualuga who was also a drunk loser got the better of him and mocked him with the money sign.  He was horrible. 

On 10/22/2021 at 4:17 PM, claptonrocks said:

In his first appearance againdt the Bengals he had a 0 rating i believe..

A total braindead bust..

FWIW, he is playing football for the FCF Zappers of Fan Controlled Football. He’s their franchise player, which means he stays with that team all year. Every other player is redrafted every week of the season.

Well I guess you could say if we don't make the playoffs, it's a huge disappointment.  Because if they don't win the division, 10 wins should get a wild card and they are half way there. 

Clowns, Rats, Stillers - all are worse than we thought they were.

Broncos stink.

Raiders are good

49ers...eh.

Chiefs are imploding

Jets suck.

If they don't get to 10 wins, it's because they suffered a bunch of injuries, Zak Taylor reverts to Zak Shula, or Burrow tanks. 

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Well I guess you could say if we don't make the playoffs, it's a huge disappointment.  Because if they don't win the division, 10 wins should get a wild card and they are half way there. 

Broncos stink.

Raiders are good

49ers...eh.

Chiefs are imploding

Jets suck.

If they don't get to 10 wins, it's because they suffered a bunch of injuries, Zak Taylor reverts to Zak Shula, or Burrow tanks. 

You know Zac will probably get extended after they a guaranteed a winning season?

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Broncos stink.

Raiders are good

49ers...eh.

Chiefs are imploding

Jets suck.

Raiders are good..

The talk of trading Carr was absurd..

He doesnt have the flash of some but he's a gamer..

He put up some ridiculous stats against the Eagles today without Darren Waller .

That game is going to be special..

So it's still early in the season, but if things keep going in the direction they are, the header will need to be changed from playoff to Super Bowl.  I REEEEALLLY want to say we gonna go... but I know it's the optimistic homer in me that wants to do it this early out.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:38 PM, Montana Bengal said:

You know Zac will probably get extended after they a guaranteed a winning season?

You judge a coach after his third season.  It takes three years to turn a program around and get it moving in the right direction.  It does help to get a 15 year QB, and have 3 Straight 1's hit!

Archived