Ravens Week

Now that we're here. Imho this is going to be the toughest game we have all year. Not because we don't face better teams, but because division opponent on the road that is imho a top tier team.

No idea which way it goes, but if we win this I think it bodes very well for us to be a playoff team this year, and a playoff team that can win in the playoffs.

This is what they call a "statement game". The Bengals win and they are considered a legit playoff team. They lose and they become another mid level team that no one cares about.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far and legitimately they could be 6-0. They could also be 2-4 but I will stay in the positive lane.

The defense has been shockingly good. I'm wondering if we were wrong about Lou Anarumo and he just needed some time and the right players. They are currently ranked 5th in overall defense and 8th in Points Against, They're ranked 10th in sacks with 14 (last season they had 17 for the whole season) and are allowing only 90.5 YPG rushing (8th in the NFL) compared to 2020 where they were giving up 148 YPG. Reader, Awuzie, Bates, Wilson and Hendrickson are young and legit. There's a lot to be positive about here.

If the Bengals can get on the scoreboard early and keep the offense clicking they have a legitimate shot to win this game. I'm not as impressed by the Ravens as others are. I think we can beat these pricks.

24 minutes ago, Cat said:

I don't know how Lou plans to contain Jackson. Glad I don't have that job.

Didn't he do that once last year? We still lost but Jackson didn't do much damage with his legs IIRC (too lazy to research).

I'm not real confident with the game being in Baltimore, but if we keep it competitive and don't get blown out I think we will be considered legit.

1 hour ago, gupps said:

Didn't he do that once last year? We still lost but Jackson didn't do much damage with his legs IIRC (too lazy to research).

I'm not real confident with the game being in Baltimore, but if we keep it competitive and don't get blown out I think we will be considered legit.

Yes, but I believe Jackson was nursing a hammy, groin, or something like that.

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

This is what they call a "statement game". The Bengals win and they are considered a legit playoff team. They lose and they become another mid level team that no one cares about.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far and legitimately they could be 6-0. They could also be 2-4 but I will stay in the positive lane.

The defense has been shockingly good. I'm wondering if we were wrong about Lou Anarumo and he just needed some time and the right players. They are currently ranked 5th in overall defense and 8th in Points Against, They're ranked 10th in sacks with 14 (last season they had 17 for the whole season) and are allowing only 90.5 YPG rushing (8th in the NFL) compared to 2020 where they were giving up 148 YPG. Reader, Awuzie, Bates, Wilson and Hendrickson are young and legit. There's a lot to be positive about here.

If the Bengals can get on the scoreboard early and keep the offense clicking they have a legitimate shot to win this game. I'm not as impressed by the Ravens as others are. I think we can beat these pricks.

That's way too harsh. The Ravens, along with the Bills, are the class of the AFC this year. Nobody's claiming that our Bengals are at that level this year. They can lose this game handily and still aim towards a WC and a spot in the dance at the end of the yr

29 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

That's way too harsh. The Ravens, along with the Bills, are the class of the AFC this year. Nobody's claiming that our Bengals are at that level this year. They can lose this game handily and still aim towards a WC and a spot in the dance at the end of the yr

It took officials missing (or ignoring) the play clock hitting zero to allow Baltimore to beat the Lions, so I’m not yet convinced that they are the “class of the AFC”.  

Just my two cents.  

I just hope they play to win.  Win, lose, or draw just come in with an aggressive mindset and stick with it. Definitely a challenging situation. If I had a say in game planning (and I don't, LOL) I'd put some sort of rotating spy scheme in the defense to deal with Jackson. Not sure how you stop Andrews, especially when they need a conversion, but I'm guessing a free release into zone ain't it. I honestly feel we're as potent on offense as them when we're clicking, but these guys keep going to the playoffs for a reason. Again, just hope to see our best shot taken. No safe draw plays to attempt 50+ yard field goals. No playing 12 yards off receivers when they need a 10 yard conversion late. Be the new Bengals. Leave it all on the field. We're playing with house money. No one seriously expects us to win this game anyway.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

No - I genuinely do not enjoy going as an away fan to nfl games. 

I can see that.

Right now I'm sweating them flexing the December 26 home game with them to later.

Cold enough as it is at 1:00 much less 4:30.

And we have 4:45 dinner reservations at Ruth's Christ.  Hate to have to cancel those.

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I can see that.

Right now I'm sweating them flexing the December 26 home game with them to later.

Cold enough as it is at 1:00 much less 4:30.

And we have 4:45 dinner reservations at Ruth's Christ.  Hate to have to cancel those.

Sounds like a good day.  

Archived