I know that feel bro...

The Detroit Lions scored the saddest 11 points imaginable

Numbers lie, cheat, deceive and betray. Devils always love accounting and taxes; according to The Lesser Key of Solomon, the most notorious treatise on summoning the greater stations of hell, many are a duke, king and president who teach arithmetic, algebra and calculus. One of them must have created Microsoft Excel at one point; there needs be no other examples given, but we could continue on for quite a while if we’re being honest. Actual enjoyers of Excel and spreadsheets are advised to not chime in.

Without numbers, it would be impossible to discuss chaos, which has a number assigned to it, or several, but it is certainly not numberless. How shall we measure this tragedy? Don’t worry, we have the statistic. This column is about 11 points, their generation, their lies and their sins. The Detroit Lions scored 11 points, but they also did not score 11 points. The final score between Detroit and the Cincinnati Bengals is 34 to 11, and yet I know that is false, a damnable lie that will deceive by its conceit. It is statistically true, but it also extremely wrong. The Lions got shut out, and your tomfoolery, o you wretched numbers, are only obscuring the truth.

This is an incomplete sequence of events that led up to these so-called 11 points, and the thought diary of a man lost at sea.

This is a much longer read than the little bit up there, and as a long suffering Bengals fan, I can sympathize. (And thank god someone is calling out Goff for throwing it away on 4th and 4)

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

When you have Swift in fantasy football, they weren't completely sad.

But yes, going for the field goal was pathetic.  But well deserved given the clown act their coach performed when he was hired.  I am rooting for him to fail miserably. 

Rooting no..failng in Detroit..oh yes..its a given up there..

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

When you have Swift in fantasy football, they weren't completely sad.

But yes, going for the field goal was pathetic.  But well deserved given the clown act their coach performed when he was hired.  I am rooting for him to fail miserably. 

What Clown Act?  Honest question.  

17 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I had to get out my Bengals roster to look up the numbers/names of the players our Bengals had on the field on defense late in the 4th qtr. Wyatt Ray? Ricardo Allen? I will add that Eli Apple was playing with the scrubs...

I was glad to see them do it.  Earlier in the year Burrow was out there when the game was in hand.  I was squirming afraid he would get hurt.  Smart move.  A little experience for the backups and rest/health for the starters.

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I was glad to see them do it.  Earlier in the year Burrow was out there when the game was in hand.  I was squirming afraid he would get hurt.  Smart move.  A little experience for the backups and rest/health for the starters.

I was good with it too, but that and a pre-vent defense is why the Lions scored at the end

20 hours ago, SF2 said:

What Clown Act?  Honest question.  

I don't agree with Tibor very often, but it kind of was.

He was talking about being very aggressive and biting ankles and shit... It was just a bunch of nonsense on his first press conference.  If I am remembering correctly 

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Watch this:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=247439786750916

Just a total dumbass.

Yeah don`t think he had anyone pre read his speech cause they would have been like wtf. The comments on facebook were hilarious. Especially liked the one "And when you score a touchdown, We are going to get back up and let you Do it again" Lol funny

19 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Watch this:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=247439786750916

Just a total dumbass.

LOL, that was very cringe worthy.  I never pay much attention to anything coaches say for the most part. At my age I pretty much tune out the same ole, “We have to execute on offense better” pressers. At least Jim Mora  and Mike Leach were entertaining.  

17 hours ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Yeah don`t think he had anyone pre read his speech cause they would have been like wtf. The comments on facebook were hilarious. Especially liked the one "And when you score a touchdown, We are going to get back up and let you Do it again" Lol funny

When I saw that last January I knew the Lions had screwed up their hire. I didn't even need to see the product he put on the field

2 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

When I saw that last January I knew the Lions had screwed up their hire. I didn't even need to see the product he put on the field

Hard to get buy in from professionals if they don’t respect you.  Part of Meyer’s issue in Jacksonville right now. 

43 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Hard to get buy in from professionals if they don’t respect you.  Part of Meyer’s issue in Jacksonville right now. 

I thought ZT went thru that issue his first season with alot of Marvs vets..

Young as he was and wasn't opposed to sitting or cutting snaps from name performers didnt sit well and I believe alot were just mailing it in then..

Zach took notice and rid the team of them and brought in fresh faces that believe in his system..

They all play allout on every play for this team..

He may have a good future here..

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I thought ZT went thru that issue his first season with alot of Marvs vets..

Young as he was and wasn't opposed to sitting or cutting snaps from name performers didnt sit well and I believe alot were just mailing it in then..

Zach took notice and rid the team of them and brought in fresh faces that believe in his system..

They all play allout on every play for this team..

He may have a good future here..

Agree.  If he can figure out the play calling portion of his job he may be a keeper. 

Archived