Raider game in Vegas

10 hours ago, jmckbengal said:

Just wondering if members are going to Vegas for the game? We have a group of six going, leaving Friday coming home on Monday

Not going, but can give you many tips as to things to see/eat/do. 

Especially our favorite thing to do: GOLF! 

(hat tip: if you do not take the time to play Wolf at Paiute Golf Resort, you are missing out).

41 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Not going, but can give you many tips as to things to see/eat/do. 

Especially our favorite thing to do: GOLF! 

(hat tip: if you do not take the time to play Wolf at Paiute Golf Resort, you are missing out).

LT

will keep you posted on golfing, however my group doesn’t golf. Hoped to see you out west. 

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I'm still considering it. I'm Canadian so the travel and testing adds an extra wrinkle which is why I haven't decided one way or another yet. At the beginning of the year, I was 100% set on going.

Does the chance to meet the infamous Tibor help sway you?  The two times I visited Toronto you weren't around each time.  The first time I met WhoDey03 whom I still keep in touch with and HavePityPlease the second time. 

7 hours ago, jmckbengal said:

LT

will keep you posted on golfing, however my group doesn’t golf. Hoped to see you out west. 

Ah well, take an Uber out and play 18 solo. It is an amazing course.

Otherwise, find one of the many wonderful clubs and eateries not on Las Vegas Blvd. Can help you out there, for sure. 

18 hours ago, jmckbengal said:

Just wondering if members are going to Vegas for the game? We have a group of six going, leaving Friday coming home on Monday

I was thinking about it. I was going to be moving from Sac to Las Vegas while my 5th wheel gets a complete solar upgrade so I don't need to plug in anymore. It's going to take them about 6-8 months to finish all my upgrades before taking the 5th wheel into the high desert to live off grid (I will still have home comforts like TV, internet, phone, AC/heat ect ect). 

There is a problem though... I haven't got vaccinated yet, and I might be moving to Vegas at the start of December or the last week of November (so that will be the clincher, whether I want to stay in hotel for a week, because I do not want to stay in a hotel for two weeks). Vaccine is the other issue. I live in Elk Grove, CA (200k people) on the outskirts of Elk Grove (which is south Sacramento... see below) so I have been working from home until just retiring at 45 (YAY!) so when I do go to the grocery store would be the only time I am in contact with someone, but masks are required. So when I move to Las Vegas for 6-8 months I will have to get a vaccine. 

So TL;DR : I plan to go a week early if they can start on my 5th wheel the last week of November and will be able to see the game, but not if they start work in December. 

street.thumb.JPG.ef17ae19c3edcdda7f33142aef42888b.JPG

Many reality TV shows to see in Las Vegas too, if you are interested in that or into it, Pawn Stars (Gold & Silver Pawn Shop), Rick's Restoration (taken off TV) but still there, and Count's Kustoms (rebuilds or builds classic cars, trucks, hot rods, choppers, etc... ), he has some very nice old classic cars to see in his show room that he owns.  Watch out for Pawn Stars though, there are some scammers in his parking lot that try to get you to buy into time shares.  Chumlee's Candy on the Blvd as he stars on Pawn Stars show.  Never been there though.  Rogue Toys in which the owner (Steven Johnston) appears on Pawn Star too as the expert on old toys worth.  never been there.  Vegas Toy Shack in which the owner (Johnny Jimenez Jr.) also appears on Pawn Stars as a old toy expert and their worth.  never been there. Next time I will go to all and spend more time there.  

Atomic Liquors on Fremont Street is a must-see. And certainly don’t miss Hogs and Heifers on 3rd Street…a trendy-tacky biker themed place. 

My weekly Friday after work hangs were Tenaya Creek Brewery on west Bonanza (edge of downtown) for some fine pints, followed by 8 Noodle Bar in the Red Rock Hotel (far west LV on West Charleston), or Naka Sushi off way west Lake Mead Blvd. 

Great spots not necessarily on Strip. And there are many more.

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Atomic Liquors on Fremont Street is a must-see. And certainly don’t miss Hogs and Heifers on 3rd Street…a trendy-tacky biker themed place. 

My weekly Friday after work hangs were Tenaya Creek Brewery on west Bonanza (edge of downtown) for some fine pints, followed by 8 Noodle Bar in the Red Rock Hotel (far west LV on West Charleston), or Naka Sushi off way west Lake Mead Blvd. 

Great spots not necessarily on Strip. And there are many more.

I am going to have to PM you, if that is all right, and hit you up before I go there the next time so we can talk about places to see there.

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

:drinks:

Crazy thing is that I still remember the game we watched.  Giants and Bengals.  Bengals actually did well but choked in the end.

That week was notable for the Dolphins unveiling the wildcat against the Patriots.  No idea how I remember that too

15 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Crazy thing is that I still remember the game we watched.  Giants and Bengals.  Bengals actually did well but choked in the end.

That week was notable for the Dolphins unveiling the wildcat against the Patriots.  No idea how I remember that too

Yep same, I still remember Ghuiciuc rolling the ball on the ground on a shotgun snap.  Good times!

7 hours ago, Gary said:

I was thinking about it. I was going to be moving from Sac to Las Vegas while my 5th wheel gets a complete solar upgrade so I don't need to plug in anymore. It's going to take them about 6-8 months to finish all my upgrades before taking the 5th wheel into the high desert to live off grid (I will still have home comforts like TV, internet, phone, AC/heat ect ect). 

There is a problem though... I haven't got vaccinated yet, and I might be moving to Vegas at the start of December or the last week of November (so that will be the clincher, whether I want to stay in hotel for a week, because I do not want to stay in a hotel for two weeks). Vaccine is the other issue. I live in Elk Grove, CA (200k people) on the outskirts of Elk Grove (which is south Sacramento... see below) so I have been working from home until just retiring at 45 (YAY!) so when I do go to the grocery store would be the only time I am in contact with someone, but masks are required. So when I move to Las Vegas for 6-8 months I will have to get a vaccine. 

So TL;DR : I plan to go a week early if they can start on my 5th wheel the last week of November and will be able to see the game, but not if they start work in December. 

street.thumb.JPG.ef17ae19c3edcdda7f33142aef42888b.JPG

congrats on the great retirement age. i am shooting for 45 as well, however the FDA fucking my industry may have me sniffing around retiring a bit earlier.

my parents died at 58 and 69, ill be damned if im going to work until i die.

i may make this game as well with my 16 yr old son, ticket prices are hefty but like 50% of the stadium is on nfl ticket exchange, so i expect them to drop, lower sideline is around $500 currently with fees, per ticket, id prefer around $250-350. and with flying out for all the home games we probably would fly to vegas and sit up top. We both are dying to see that stadium inside though. 

• 4 weeks later...

Strongly recommend McMullan’s Irish Pub on West Tropicana for starters anyway. Not too awful far from Allegiant, and likely better parking options too nearby. 

Near campus, is the Tailgater Tavern on West Russell. I haven’t experienced it, but my LV mates say it’s a decent place. 

The across I-15 Strip bars are OK, but don’t be fooled—it is not a short stroll to the stadium. 

Archived