Rat Birds in the Rain Game Day

3 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

But I thought I heard somewhere that we'll be #1 in the entire AFC (not just AFC North) based on tiebreakers, etc?  No?

We will be #1 in the AFC North for the next TWO weeks even if we lose next week. They were commenting on the Ravens being on bye next week and that they would have to see the Bengals at the top of the division for two weeks. I honestly don't know how I could make that clearer. Even if they're #1 in the entire AFC, that really doesn't change the point they were making as division standings are more important at this point.

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

We will be #1 in the AFC North for the next TWO weeks even if we lose next week. They were commenting on the Ravens being on bye next week and that they would have to see the Bengals at the top of the division for two weeks. I honestly don't know how I could make that clearer. Even if they're #1 in the entire AFC, that really doesn't change the point they were making as division standings are more important at this point.

After today’s game, both teams are 5-2.
IF Bengals lose next week, we’ll be 5-3.  
5-2 is better than 5-3.    

3 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Relax.  I honestly didn't hear them say the "for the next 2 weeks" thing...and that was not the point I was trying to make.  Announcers said at least 3 times that we'd be #1 in AFC North at various times...was just wondering why they weren't saying #1 in the AFC instead of limiting to just the North.

Anyway...all good...we win...all that matters.

AND BOOMER JUST SAID IT!!!!   THANK YOU BOOMER!!!!

6 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Boomer just said it. Bengals currently #1 seed.

Archived