Rat Birds in the Rain Game Day

3 minutes ago, stan said:

I think everyone is overreacting and taking it the wrong way.I believe he just meant Cincinnati is a small market.Whereas,  if Burrow played in New York or LA ,he would be getting a lot more attention.

We live in a much smaller world now, though. Markets are world-wide, and if the media gives more attention, we could easily gain fans.

2 minutes ago, steggyD said:

We live in a much smaller world now, though. Markets are world-wide, and if the media gives more attention, we could easily gain fans.

The more the Bengals win, the more attention they will get.  Today was a great start.

10 minutes ago, stan said:

I think everyone is overreacting and taking it the wrong way.I believe he just meant Cincinnati is a small market.Whereas,  if Burrow played in New York or LA ,he would be getting a lot more attention.

Nobody is taking it the wrong way, we know what he meant there.  There are two problems here:

1. He did NOT say it like that.  "Wow, can you imagine if Joe was in a bigger market?"  He just said "elsewhere" which implies ANYWHERE - a really shitty way to say it and he should know better.

2. It's JAMES FUCKING BROWN, he has the primary seat at one if the biggest football broadcasts around, and not just football but ALL SPORTS.  HE could have sought to change that RIGHT THERE by being positive of Joe's performance AND his potential to bring more media coverage to a small market.  Instead, he shat on the market.  Again, HE'S THE GUY.  HE HAS THE POWER.  It's not like he's a random fan or even a lesser reporter, or even a shit disturber like Stephen A.

15 minutes ago, stan said:

Well, he is playing in NY next Sunday, well, NJ next week, so will he get the attention from their media?

17 minutes ago, stan said:

I do believe with the way the NFL does market size, Cincinnati is the 16th largest market. I think it's more the number of fans in the stands that give people that impression. 

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

We will be #1 in the AFC North for the next TWO weeks even if we lose next week. They were commenting on the Ravens being on bye next week and that they would have to see the Bengals at the top of the division for two weeks. I honestly don't know how I could make that clearer. Even if they're #1 in the entire AFC, that really doesn't change the point they were making as division standings are more important at this point.

Being number 1 in the ENTIRE AFC means you are obviously #1 in the AFC North and get a bye.   I agree being #1 in the North is step 1. 

20 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

I do believe with the way the NFL does market size, Cincinnati is the 16th largest market. I think it's more the number of fans in the stands that give people that impression. 

And the Bengals have done a lot of losing over the years.  Wins like today's will start to turn the conversation.  Hell, Collinsworth may actually say something positive about the Bengals tonight, but I won't hold my breath. 

Market size is one thing, but people watching the game on TV is another.  They pay the NFL a lot of money to broadcast these games.  The number of viewers a team generates is a big deal.  Helps the networks drive ad prices.  The years of losing certainly keeps people from watching.  Hell, I dumped the Sunday Ticket years ago over all the losing.  Why pay to be miserable?  I'm sure historically the Bengals haven't generated great ratings.  That does seem to be changing.  The Jacksonville Thursday night game got good numbers.  Pounding the Ravens at home will get more eyes on the tube as well. 

It may be annoying to hear James Brown say it out loud, but its just business. 

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Saw a bunch of dudes in the crowd with Bengals #46 jerseys.   

Clark Harris motherfuckers!!!🤣😂

The Clark Harris fan club grows more and more..

What a snapper..at true hero and legend in Cincinnati sports..

Im pushing him for HOF after he retires

Sometime this decade...

Really nice feature for the Bengals on Football Night in America just now on NBC. Not sure if I'll be able to locate a video to embed but nothing but praise for both sides of the ball, plus they played the Who Dey chant from the locker room. Tirico even said they may be channeling some of that 80s magic.

4 minutes ago, Griever said:

Really nice feature for the Bengals on Football Night in America just now on NBC. Not sure if I'll be able to locate a video to embed but nothing but praise for both sides of the ball, plus they played the Who Dey chant from the locker room. Tirico even said they may be channeling some of that 80s magic.

other than douchebag chris Simms calling them the "Bangles" ..

2 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

2. It's JAMES FUCKING BROWN, he has the primary seat at one if the biggest football broadcasts around, and not just football but ALL SPORTS.  HE could have sought to change that RIGHT THERE by being positive of Joe's performance AND his potential to bring more media coverage to a small market.  Instead, he shat on the market.  Again, HE'S THE GUY.  HE HAS THE POWER.  It's not like he's a random fan or even a lesser reporter, or even a shit disturber like Stephen A.

Yes, it's JAMES FUCKING BROWN.  He's the boss in a man's world!  He's got a brand new bag, and the payback is that he's gonna get up offa that thing!  He's living in America, and he feels good because he's a fucking sex machine!

Now, get in the hot tub!

Archived