Rat Birds in the Rain Game Day

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

That's what I love about this team. They expect to do this and it's just business. None of this being loud and demanding respect after the game, just doing work and letting the talk come from the media after. That isn't just Cincinnati Football, that's the entire identity of the city itself, it's why Krumrie was one of my favorite players growing up. Head down, hard work, let the talking come from others.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

That's what I love about this team. They expect to do this and it's just business. None of this being loud and demanding respect after the game, just doing work and letting the talk come from the media after. That isn't just Cincinnati Football, that's the entire identity of the city itself, it's why Krumrie was one of my favorite players growing up. Head down, hard work, let the talking come from others.

The 80s teams were like this. Business.  Let your play do the talking. The last 20 years of Ocho, TJ, Pac-Man, and the lot were the opposite.  Not that they aren’t good players or people, but they were more worried about their own image than winning games. 

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

The 80s teams were like this. Business.  Let your play do the talking. The last 20 years of Ocho, TJ, Pac-Man, and the lot were the opposite.  Not that they aren’t good players or people, but they were more worried about their own image than winning games. 

Yup. Someone said one of the talking heads said the Bengals were bringing back that 1980's magic. I see it.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I was thinking about ML's T-shirts every year and how the team never really followed the themes, but this one seems to be. 

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I think this was posted but this breakdown makes it easy to see. Carman is your starter from here on out, sorry Su'a-Filo

The Ratbirds had some success early putting everyone up within 5 yds of the LoS, but you figured a couple of things.  1. There was a good chance that Bengals receivers would be able to take advantage of the lack of deep support and 2. If  the Bengal backs could get to the 2nd kevel there was a good chance they could bust something open.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I was thinking about ML's T-shirts every year and how the team never really followed the themes, but this one seems to be. 

Part of it is getting the right guys.  In Lewis' defense, it is very difficult to control players like Ocho, Pac-Man, Burfict, etc.  These guys weren't buying in much of anywhere.  Maybe they would buy in for Brady.  That brings me to point #2.  These guys all buy into Joe Burrow.  Burrow buys into Taylor.  If the Bengals had a half-assed QB they would be headed for another finish in the cellar and the team would probably be fractured like it was in the past. 

Archived