Bengals over Ravens Post-Game Thoughts (Good Bad Ugly etc)

I don't do Good Bad Ugly but my general reactions:

I am still buzzing.

---Love LOVE how businesslike they were on the sidelines in the 4th quarter - like they expected this. Those cues come in large part from Joe Burrow.
---He gets better as games go on. Multiple times this year his passes has have seemed off in the first quarter and then he locks in. He was 4 for 11 but finished 23 for 38 - so 19 for his next 27. Impressive.
---really impressive work from the o-line after they took some punches early from a jazzed ravens d and crowd.
---I almost cried watching the o-line impose their will late as we closed the game down running the ball. That's the way it should be (when you are a good team).
---Pretty much 100% of the bengals world owes LouA an apology. (me included)
---Not sure what else can be said about Ja'Maar Chase - but having him on this team gives us legit room to dream. Like Super Bowl dream at some point. Montana to Rice kinda dreams.
---Really happy for Uzomah - AND glad to see us punish teams for trying to guess at tendancies. That first TD to Uzomah was pure filth from our play design - so good.
---It's lost in the shuffle, but that was a weirdly important 3 points early from McPherson - 52 yards in that spot - it was nice to score early.
---This team's ability to respond in the second half is strange days for this fanbase. Down 17-13 and the crowd going insane and Burrow just calmly answers and the D then backs it up before the Chase 82 yard magic. Just not a normal sequence for us as fans.
---Major MAJOR props to Zac Taylor. He had the team ready and had a really good gameplan ready on offense.
---I am so happy.

GOOD
Huge Win-Massive division win putting the Bengals right in the thick of the playoff race
Ja’Marr Chase-200+ yard receiving day and a TD catching 8 of 10 targets
Joe Burrow-400+ yard passing day with 3 TDs (7 games in a row with 2+ TDs)
CJ Uzomah-Happy National Tight Ends Day, Christopher James. 91 yards and 2 TDs catching all three targets
Larry Ogunjobi-4 solo tackles, 1.5 sacks and 2 tackles for a loss
Sam Hubbard-2.5 sacks and 2 tackles for a loss. Was a big part of sacking Lamar Jackson (5) more times than anyone in his career.
Evan McPherson-6/6 in the kicking game including a 52 yard FG to open the scoring
Scoring-28 unanswered points to bury those bitches

Trey Hendrickson-Another game of big pressure. Him pointing out the hold to Villanueva was hilarious. He already has more sacks than Carl Lawson did all of last year.

BAD
Offensive Line-At least early. Still allowing way too much heat and Burrow is taking too many hard hits
Slow start on offense again

UGLY
No penalty on this...

Good:. One Hundred Twenty Eight

One Hundred Twenty Eight is the number which guarantees we will continue to receive a fighting chance.  One Hundred Twenty Eight is a tribute to the defense and allowing the opponents only 128 points against us 

... "And Joe Burrow raised the football up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this thy football, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.'

Post-game thought: I remember several on this board calling for the Bengals to cut Uzomah during the off-season.

It’s great to see him rebound from his injury and be an effective part of the offense, but this guy’s personality makes him so much more valuable than just what he does on the field.

5 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Post-game thought: I remember several on this board calling for the Bengals to cut Uzomah during the off-season.

It’s great to see him rebound from his injury and be an effective part of the offense, but this guy’s personality makes him so much more valuable than just what he does on the field.

I was definitely one of these people. His price tag versus production coming back from that injury made him a potential cap casualty. I wasn't banging on the table but on paper it seemed to make sense. They cut everyone else I suggested except Uzomah and I am certainly glad they made that decision. 

Before the game I had a good feeling about this game but did not say anything about it because  I did not want to jinx it.

No kidding.

I was calling it The Bengals Bar Mitzvah, Today They Become a Man

The Good...

Right now, looks like they will be printing Bengals playoff tickets real soon

The Bad...

I'll be paying for them and sitting in the stands in January.

There goes the draft choice.

Lots of hard decisions about our free agents at the end of the season.  Besides Jesse Bates.  He's a gimme.  As in, get it done now.

I would bet the ranch and half the livestock that the December 26 home game with these ass hats is flexed.  That will be a cold evening

in The Rye Bread Town.  Game should have some impact on the playoffs for one or both teams.

41 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Before the game I had a good feeling about this game but did not say anything about it because  I did not want to jinx it.

Good on you - I had the complete opposite feeling. I just knew we were going to get embarrassed.

PTSD from the Marvin years? 

Anyway, I'm thrilled. I don't even know who these guys are anymore.

13 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Not bad or ugly, but anybody else been a little disappointed in the play of Tee Hee Higgins this year?

I can't think of one great play he's made.  And he's dropped a few.  Disappointing for a 2nd year 2nd round pick.

Ive noticed...

He was covered tight though..( like most bengals fans would retort)..

Love Logan Wilson, Love our DEFENSE this year! 

LOVE CHASE! LOVE that we picked Chase over Sewell even though I wanted Sewell. Glad I am wrong. The offense is so dang deadly. 

I didn't like Burrow constantly on the ground when passing in the pocket though. Our O-Line has done better but we need to get some better pass protectors. 

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

GOOD
Huge Win-Massive division win putting the Bengals right in the thick of the playoff race
Ja’Marr Chase-200+ yard receiving day and a TD catching 8 of 10 targets
Joe Burrow-400+ yard passing day with 3 TDs (7 games in a row with 2+ TDs)
CJ Uzomah-Happy National Tight Ends Day, Christopher James. 91 yards and 2 TDs catching all three targets
Larry Ogunjobi-4 solo tackles, 1.5 sacks and 2 tackles for a loss
Sam Hubbard-2.5 sacks and 2 tackles for a loss. Was a big part of sacking Lamar Jackson (5) more times than anyone in his career.
Evan McPherson-6/6 in the kicking game including a 52 yard FG to open the scoring
Scoring-28 unanswered points to bury those bitches

Trey Hendrickson-Another game of big pressure. Him pointing out the hold to Villanueva was hilarious. He already has more sacks than Carl Lawson did all of last year.

BAD
Offensive Line-At least early. Still allowing way too much heat and Burrow is taking too many hard hits
Slow start on offense again

UGLY
No penalty on this...

He better be fined or the league is in the pockets of teams like the RatBirds. 

Good

Defense is balling out

Career game for Joey Franchise

Chase

Another good game from both RB 1 and 2

National TE Day and CJ with 2 TDs

Bad

Joe's boneheaded INT, didnt end up mattering but still dumb throw

Ugly

James Brown

What I love most is this team is different from the Chad/Carson/TJ/Rudi teams in that those Bengals would have won like that and talked all sorts of trash then lose the next week, This team is playing like that and then just goes about their business like it was a forgone conclusion and they know they have bigger plans. 

I believe in this team.

3 minutes ago, Gary said:

LOVE CHASE! LOVE that we picked Chase over Sewell even though I wanted Sewell. Glad I am wrong. The offense is so dang deadly. 

I didn't like Burrow constantly on the ground when passing in the pocket though. Our O-Line has done better but we need to get some better pass protectors. 

Good man.

2 minutes ago, Gary said:

Actually the whole league is looking for better pass protection..

I see improvement in them as a unit each week..

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I don't do Good Bad Ugly but my general reactions:

I am still buzzing.

---Love LOVE how businesslike they were on the sidelines in the 4th quarter - like they expected this. Those cues come in large part from Joe Burrow.
---He gets better as games go on. Multiple times this year his passes has have seemed off in the first quarter and then he locks in. He was 4 for 11 but finished 23 for 38 - so 19 for his next 27. Impressive.
---Echo alley, really impressive work from the o-line after they took some punches early from a jazzed ravens d and crowd.
---I almost cried watching the o-line impose their will late as we closed the game down running the ball. That's the way it should be (when you are a good team).
---Pretty much 100% of the bengals world owes LouA an apology. (me included)
---Not sure what else can be said about Ja'Maar Chase - but having him on this team gives us legit room to dream. Like Super Bowl dream at some point. Montana to Rice kinda dreams.
---Really happy for Uzomah - AND glad to see us punish teams for trying to guess at tendancies. That first TD to Uzomah was pure filth from our play design - so good.
---It's lost in the shuffle, but that was a weirdly important 3 points early from McPherson - 52 yards in that spot - it was nice to score early.
---This team's ability to respond in the second half is strange days for this fanbase. Down 17-13 and the crowd going insane and Burrow just calmly answers and the D then backs it up before the Chase 82 yard magic. Just not a normal sequence for us as fans.
---Major MAJOR props to Zac Taylor. He had the team ready and had a really good gameplan ready on offense.
---I am so happy.

As a fan of the Bengals and TEs, I have screamed for decades for us to throw to our TEs like we did in the 80s and the way teams do against us.  A pass catching TE is nothing but a nightmare for teams if they have very good WRs too and the Bengals have that now.  Well, and it takes a QB like Burrow to make his read progressions too.  Good on Uzomah.  Now they just need to get Sample spun up in getting better.  

I think Burrow on the INT was thinking the same thing Bengal fans were:

13 point lead is nothing, not much better than 10 points.  And in fact, if you are winning by 10, the other team will play for a FG + TD and a tie.  But a 13 point lead forces the other team to get 2 TDs and the win.  But 17 is basically the ball game.

So I'm ok with taking a risk to get a TD.  But not on that play.  That had zero chance to succeed.    Just throw it out of bounds.

I’m excited for this team in a way that I was never excited for the Dalton or Palmer teams. The camaraderie with this team is real and special, and you can tell that they’ve bought into the message of unselfish teamwork. This team is just fun to watch on both sides of the ball.

Confession: I picked Baltiwhore in my weekly picks game. If I don’t win the week, so be it. I can live with it. 😉

29 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

As a fan of the Bengals and TEs, I have screamed for decades for us to throw to our TEs like we did in the 80s and the way teams do against us.  A pass catching TE is nothing but a nightmare for teams if they have very good WRs too and the Bengals have that now.  Well, and it takes a QB like Burrow to make his read progressions too.  Good on Uzomah.  Now they just need to get Sample spun up in getting better.  

Sample is JB's  last option unless designed ..that won't be much..

Hes in there for blocking but how well hes doing I dont know..

Archived