Bengals over Ravens Post-Game Thoughts (Good Bad Ugly etc)

Just now, membengal said:

Oh, this.

ADG was GOOD, man. Like, REALLY good. Him and Logan Wilson are just a fucking massive all-time homerun set of draft picks at LB for this team. 

When was the last time we had TWO LBs this good? Spikes and Simmons?

Just now, UncleEarl said:

Don't leave out Pratt.  He's good too.

He's been good too, altho I didn't really notice him yesterday...I was referring to yesterday's game. ADG was all over the place as a spy and in coverage on the short stuff. Had that GREAT pass break-up on one of the 4th downs where he recognized it and sprinted to get there and tip it away from what may have been a conversion. 

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

He's been good too, altho I didn't really notice him yesterday...I was referring to yesterday's game. ADG was all over the place as a spy and in coverage on the short stuff. Had that GREAT pass break-up on one of the 4th downs where he recognized it and sprinted to get there and tip it away from what may have been a conversion. 

ADG is more of a coverage backer.  Pratt more traditional 1st and 2nd down guy.  ADG and Wilson better equipped to catch Jackson than Pratt.  I think you'll see more of Pratt this week.

17 hours ago, membengal said:

I don't do Good Bad Ugly but my general reactions:

I am still buzzing.

---Love LOVE how businesslike they were on the sidelines in the 4th quarter - like they expected this. Those cues come in large part from Joe Burrow.
---He gets better as games go on. Multiple times this year his passes has have seemed off in the first quarter and then he locks in. He was 4 for 11 but finished 23 for 38 - so 19 for his next 27. Impressive.
---really impressive work from the o-line after they took some punches early from a jazzed ravens d and crowd.
---I almost cried watching the o-line impose their will late as we closed the game down running the ball. That's the way it should be (when you are a good team).
---Pretty much 100% of the bengals world owes LouA an apology. (me included)
---Not sure what else can be said about Ja'Maar Chase - but having him on this team gives us legit room to dream. Like Super Bowl dream at some point. Montana to Rice kinda dreams.
---Really happy for Uzomah - AND glad to see us punish teams for trying to guess at tendancies. That first TD to Uzomah was pure filth from our play design - so good.
---It's lost in the shuffle, but that was a weirdly important 3 points early from McPherson - 52 yards in that spot - it was nice to score early.
---This team's ability to respond in the second half is strange days for this fanbase. Down 17-13 and the crowd going insane and Burrow just calmly answers and the D then backs it up before the Chase 82 yard magic. Just not a normal sequence for us as fans.
---Major MAJOR props to Zac Taylor. He had the team ready and had a really good gameplan ready on offense.
---I am so happy.

Early on, when the Bengals were consistently going at Averitt, the announcers made Humphrey sound like the second coming.  Thought it was interesting that when they showed the expanded whole-field view of CJ's 55yd. TD, he made Humphrey (covering a TE) look silly not once, but twice.  First, when he made the break back to the middle that left him wideopen and the the stop and cutback after the catch that broke Humphrey's ankles and got Uzomah in the endzone.  CJ is showing himself to be a seriously under-rated weapon when healthy.

5 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

"And the counting of the touchdown passes shall be 3. Not 4 and not 2 unless thoughst is counting to 3"

"Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Archived