Bengals over Ravens Post-Game Thoughts (Good Bad Ugly etc)

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

This guy mentions Ja’Marr’s 10-yd speed as opposed to the always measured 40-yd time.  

If you watch the play from the previous game (vs. Lions) when Ja’Marr busted his ass to throw the block that got Mixon into the end zone, Ja’Marr hits another gear just before throwing that block.  

Same thing in the game (vs. Minnesota?) when he caught the back end of the ball in the end zone just before halftime.  

He has a burst!  

On 10/24/2021 at 9:50 PM, membengal said:

fwiw, Uzomah shouted out Sample for stoning Calais Campbell 1 on 1 on the 55-yard TD pass to Uzomah giving time for that route to develop. 

This is what I’m talking about the players recognizing teamwork. 

Had to work due to the storm here in California so did not get to watch the game live had to record it.  I was too excited to wait for the outcome so peeked at the score before half time.  I was probably like most in thinking we could win but could lose just as easily and couldn`t stand to wait until after work the suspense was killing me!

Caught part of the 4th qtr and the end of the game on my phone, and then when I got home watched the game. Was proud of the win and as some have said, I was also proud of how the players handled themselves and looked like they expected to win. Praise goes to the whole team as they played a complete game and again think they are getting better every week and maybe this is the point that everyone believes they are capable of beating anyone.

And the Paul Brown quote "Winning makes believers of us all" has never been more true.

Other bonus was getting caught up today with people posting and seeing membengal back and posting. Thank you it may have only been a day or 2 but you were missed. 

On 10/24/2021 at 8:46 PM, tibor75 said:

Not bad or ugly, but anybody else been a little disappointed in the play of Tee Hee Higgins this year?

I can't think of one great play he's made.  And he's dropped a few.  Disappointing for a 2nd year 2nd round pick.

He's still projected to get over 1000 yards this season and improve on his impressive 2020 campaign. He caught 67 on 108 targets - even with a poor showing in Baltimore, he's caught 18 of 28 this year. He's not taking the lid off the defense... But I'll argue that Zac has been short pass crazy and crossing route junction. Working in traffic has never been Tee's strong suit.

I think you have to be disappointed if you were expecting a breakout year so far, but it's still been a solid campaign. And many people did expect a breakout year... So that's not uncalled for. But I also don't think anyone expected Chase to be where he is right now either. Even Tyler Boyd's 329 yards seem like he hasn't done much with Chase sitting at 724 yards. Boyd has 1 TD, Higgins has 2.

The season is young, and guys have good games and bad games. No one would believe that Uzomah is some Gronk like playmaker... But here we are. Next week Higgins might be the guy racking up 200 yards.

52 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

I have to admit, as a Ross Apologizer, that's just a Damn Shame!!  😂😂😂

On NFL.com we are #7 in the Power rankings with this comment:

It's still not too late to delete your "They should have taken Penei Sewell!" takes on social media. Scrub away! Save your Smart Football Internet Person reputation! 

3 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Imagine.... John Ross is 25, and his career is already over. Damn.

Can't find it now but if Ross stays healthy (hahahaha) and plays

51% (I think) of the offensive plays for the NY Gnats we get a

4th round comp pick.  In effect, Ross for a 4th rounder... I'll take it.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Can't find it now but if Ross stays healthy (hahahaha) and plays

51% (I think) of the offensive plays for the NY Gnats we get a

4th round comp pick.  In effect, Ross for a 4th rounder... I'll take it.

I think you are correct. Hence us Bengal fans should be rooting like heck for him this yr

On 10/28/2021 at 12:49 AM, claptonrocks said:

Made quite a bit of mean green in the process ..

Whos foolin who?..

He used just his speed to make him rich..

Nothing else..

sounds like a good plan to me, although I also think it was the 81 catches for 1150 yards with 17 touchdowns at Washington that got him on the map.

1 minute ago, kennethmw said:

sounds like a good plan to me, although I also think it was the 81 catches for 1150 yards with 17 touchdowns at Washington that got him on the map.

That too..

I know the Pac12 has some very good players but the league as a whole doesnt impress me much..

Im cautious on players from that conference anymore in general..

Archived