Bengals at Jets Game Thread - Game 8 2021 Season

3 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

I'm not going to blame the refs.  They were leading by 11 against one of the worst teams in the league.

End of discussion.

No guarantee Burrow would have done anything even if they punted. 

exactly right... don't know what fucking happened... just gross

2 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Major notice to the entire TEAM should be shut the F up you have a long road ahead. All that good media just went in the trash. You just showed why. 

I was telling my son all week that I had a bad feeling about all the media talk. All the making of a trap game for sure. 

Now I agree with most that they played like shiat and deserved to lose, but a rule is a rule and no matter what, either the NFL has rules or they do not and if these part time NFL Ref Clowns cannot make the right call, then they don't deserve a job that I am sure they are being paid well to do.  The Jet player initiated the crown of the helmet contact first.  If we were the Stealers, Chiefs, Bucs, Patriots, Packers, etc...  the ref would've never thrown a flag. 

NEW RULE: A ban on a ball carrier initiating contact with the crown of his helmet in the open field or by a defender while making a tackle.

What the rule changes: A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or a tackler against an opponent would not be deemed a foul.

7 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Joe Burrow gets the Brewer

Hilarious the thread was deleted after the Bengals played the worst game of the year.    Cant stop laughing 

Nobody deleted the Brewer as far as I can tell.  It was suggested that on some weeks it shouldn’t be awarded.  This ISNT one of those weeks. 

Look on the bright side everyone, we'll be back to hearing a whole host of insults this week from the talking heads... "frauds"... "same old Bengals"... "chokers"... "Ravens were always the class of the division, just a hiccup"...

And the team deserves it.  We can only hope it eliminates some kind of unearned belief in their own legitimacy that MAY have held them back for this game.

what is frustrating is that while we did not deserve to win teams do not deserve all the time who still pull out wins and i feel like the refs robbed us of that chance. The ravens did not deserve to win against the Lions and did. they got some breaks from the refs and got a chance. We did not late. happens. 

I think I fell asleep and had the weirdest dream.

I dreamed I was watching a Marvin game with Andy Panda at

quarterback.

D couldn't tackle their grandmother in bed.  Succumbed, once again

to making a first timer scrub back up quarterback look like a Hall of Fame.

Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory after a day of clown town football

on a late Andy Dalton interception.

They played poorly enough to let the game be decided by the refs

not their own players.

Pathetic.

Just now, TigerJ@w said:

And how many Trick Plays did they do against the Bengals?  I thought they were playing the Stoolers again from back in the Bungal days.

All those easy completions in the soft zone were definitely reminiscent of those days.

I counted ONE long pass attempt by the Jets that was way overthrown and negated by a holding penalty anyway.  Trick plays, there were at least 4 I believe, probably more you could chalk up to that as well if you compare to their regular play calling. 

Really it's a lot of just getting out-coached and I expect some lack of execution at times.  The tackling especially was not up to par.

15 minutes ago, membengal said:

Nice gesture, but way off target IMHO.  Boyd had his best game of the year including a TD and a 46yd pass...Mixon had 2 TD's and ran well...Bates with an INT and wasn't anywhere near the worst on a defensive unit that had a really bad game and apparently forgot how to tackle.

Yikes...missed the game today but glad I did. Hopefully they block this game out and come out strong against the Browns next week. We go into the bye at 6-3 and that would be better than i had hoped. They lose and go in at 5-4, we could be in big trouble.

Archived