Trade Deadline Day

58 minutes ago, Cat said:

I am not an expert - but how TF do they not move Watson? He doesn't want to be there, he's in deep shit, and the rumor is they have interest from other teams. 

He has very little value with 22 lawsuits hanging over his head

57 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

He has very little value with 22 lawsuits hanging over his head

Yeah, it's probably more other teams not agreeing than the Texans screwing it up (although they easily could).  The one rumour said there was a full deal in place with Miami but the stumbling block was that the NFL wouldn't commit one way or another to whether they'd suspend him if he tried to come and play.  If I'm a GM I'm not doing that unless I'm giving up basically nothing - and why would the Texans do so?

2 hours ago, Cat said:

I am not an expert - but how TF do they not move Watson? He doesn't want to be there, he's in deep shit, and the rumor is they have interest from other teams. 

I heard on Sunday that the Texans are asking for 3 #1 draft picks and 2 other assets for him. That's how they don't move him. 

3 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I heard on Sunday that the Texans are asking for 3 #1 draft picks and 2 other assets for him. That's how they don't move him. 

I tend to agree but it is kinda fascinating. Here's the scoop: Guys like Watson are never available. Due to his situation Miami is the only team considering him. If they wait until his legal issues are past him, there'll be a bidding war for him. So if you're Miami, what do you do?

I think I'd pass. They're OK with Tua for now. Even if his legal issues are resolved, he's still not worth more than what Houston's offering

On 11/2/2021 at 7:17 PM, tibor75 said:

Was there anybody worth getting?  

Has any NFL team made a trade at the deadline that actually made a difference in winning a Super Bowl? 

Who knows..

There have been some meaningful acquisitions over the years. Hard to really argue for or against the acquisition’s contribution to a SB victory. I do know if the Rams win, the Von Miller and Jalen Ramsey deals will loom large.

Archived