Send in the Clowns!

14 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Man, what the hell happened?

No major injuries. This defense just fell off a cliff.

The offense... I knew it was shaky, but the last two weeks have been a new low.

We haven't even been competitive. What happened?

The team is who we thought they are. 

5 minutes ago, The Resource said:

I hate that I no longer think Burrow is the answer. 

And fuck do I hate these coaches.

Burrow didn’t get much help from the OL and the receivers had some drops. The 1st INT was bad. 

I agree on the coaching right now. This is a bad taste going into the bye week, and our record is abysmal coming out of the bye week.

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

C'mon...the kid is still better than anything we've seen in Cincinnati in decades.  He gets a chance to learn not to makes stupid throws before he's "not the answer." 

How long does this take?  What about when to throw the ball away or when to slide?  He did not learn this during his football career?

Just now, TigerJ@w said:

How long does this take?  What about when to throw the ball away or when to slide?  He did not learn this during his football career?

He's been sliding more.  Threw the ball away early today.  When the chips are down he's still more balls than brains.  Needs to figure that out.  He's only played how many NFL games?  Favre never figured it out and he's in the HoF.

16 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

C'mon...the kid is still better than anything we've seen in Cincinnati in decades.  He gets a chance to learn not to makes stupid throws before he's "not the answer." 

You can’t say he is better or worse than either Palmer or Dalton yet. 

First 19 games

Burrow: 7-11-1

Dalton: 11-8

Palmer: 11-8

Favre: 11-8

Just now, SF2 said:

You can’t say he is better or worse than either Palmer or Dalton yet. 

First 19 games

Burrow: 7-11-1

Dalton: 11-8

Palmer: 11-8

C'mon.   This guy has something.  The players follow him for a reason.  Dalton never had that.  Never.  Palmer may have had it until his knee blew up.  Both had significantly better offensive lines than the sieves Burrow is playing behind. 

19 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

C'mon.   This guy has something.  The players follow him for a reason.  Dalton never had that.  Never.  Palmer may have had it until his knee blew up.  Both had significantly better offensive lines than the sieves Burrow is playing behind. 

People seem to forget Dalton took a 4-12 team to the playoffs his first year and made the pro-bowl. His receivers were rookie AJ Green, Jerome Simpson, Jermaine Gresham,  Andre Caldwell and Andrew Hawkins.  Burrow has far better weapons to include Mixon over Ced Benson.  

Daltons line was not much better than Burrows.   

Fact is Marvin, Jay Gruden and Zimmer were much better coaches than the current crew.  

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

People seem to forget Dalton took a 4-12 team to the playoffs his first year and made the pro-bowl. His receivers were rookie AJ Green, Jerome Simpson, Germaine Gresham,  Andre Caldwell and Andrew Hawkins.  Burrow has far better weapons to include Mixon over Ced Benson.  

Daltons line was not much better than Burrows.   

Fact is Marvin was a much better coach than Zac. 

On that we will agree.

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Burrow has far better weapons to include Mixon over Ced Benson.

Agree with everything but this - Ced Benson was a motherfucker. I love Mixon's heart, but more often than not he gets no gain. 

If it makes anyone feel better, I just saw Dre Kirkpatrick get trucked into last week.

57 minutes ago, Cat said:

Agree with everything but this - Ced Benson was a motherfucker. I love Mixon's heart, but more often than not he gets no gain. 

If it makes anyone feel better, I just saw Dre Kirkpatrick get trucked into last week.

Mixon is a duel threat and gets more yards per carry 4.3 than Ced did in 2011  3.9.    Ced was a good player for us though  

Three straight road games and coming home to play a division rival before your bye week, is a recipe for disaster.

Honestly last week's Jets game, the team looked like it had no legs.

Chase may be hitting the rookie wall or defenses are blanketing him with coverage, which means both Higgins and Boyd should be receiving more targets.

6 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Three straight road games and coming home to play a division rival before your bye week, is a recipe for disaster.

Honestly last week's Jets game, the team looked like it had no legs.

Chase may be hitting the rookie wall or defenses are blanketing him with coverage, which means both Higgins and Boyd should be receiving more targets.

The idea of having three threats at WR is to spread it around.  If they bracket Chase, give them a bunch of Higgins and Boyd.  They aren’t doing that.  They are forcing it to Chase. You see the results.  Zach Taylor is a bad OC.  He needs to give up that part of the game and stick to managing the circus.  He is not qualified to design an offense and call plays. 

18 hours ago, SF2 said:

Mixon is a duel threat and gets more yards per carry 4.3 than Ced did in 2011  3.9.    Ced was a good player for us though  

Damn, you're right - why does it seem like Mixon never gets anything? Always feels like he runs into the line and falls down.

Archived