Has our code been cracked?

20 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It feels that way. 

what?

was our code "dont throw a pick 6 to start the game, drop easy first down screen passes wide open, dont drop 2 touchdown passes"  was that our code?

if so i guess the browns cracked it..

this team is good enough to beat most bad teams, beat a few good teams, but not enough talent to overcome much adversity.

3 oddball loses were also against teams who we had little to no film on key players.

bears - while this one was a fluke on the INT situation, the lack of fields field and how the offense changes once andy hurt himself wasnt NOT a factor. a running capable QB sucked and clinches for them. this is the least solid example i have.

jets, new qb, different offensive plan for him, dinked and dunked us to death

browns, OBJ gone, new wr setup, rb musical chair for a few straight weeks, chubbs was out then didnt do shit against pitt, but honestly they were able to play safe AF and run the ball and dropped 7-8 leaving no one open too often, it worked, we cant get behind a team who can get home with rushing 4 and also has a great run game...  

it feels like the 2004 bengals, we are better than 3 of the 4 teams we lost to, and we beat some teams better than us. 

eli apple sucks ass. replacing apple with a top 2 round pick makes the secondary great vs a liability, grab a top 2 round olineman, with adiniji(sp?) back and maybe a free agent OL? the line could completely transform..

we are who we ALL thought we were...

if someone said before the season "youll beat the ravens, steelers, both on the road, play 9 different o-line, eli apple would be a starter and the worst corner in the nfl, and youll be above .500 going into the bye week tied with a group of teams potentially in a playoff hunt, everyone here would have killed for that and been stoked.

the reasons we lost the last two games were wild, and pretty uncommon situations.

what is your basis for this? what is it you think someone has figured out, exactly?

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

what?

was our code "dont throw a pick 6 to start the game, drop easy first down screen passes wide open, dont drop 2 touchdown passes"  was that our code?

if so i guess the browns cracked it..

this team is good enough to beat most bad teams, beat a few good teams, but not enough talent to overcome much adversity.

3 oddball loses were also against teams who we had little to no film on key players.

bears - while this one was a fluke on the INT situation, the lack of fields field and how the offense changes once andy hurt himself wasnt NOT a factor. a running capable QB sucked and clinches for them. this is the least solid example i have.

jets, new qb, different offensive plan for him, dinked and dunked us to death

browns, OBJ gone, new wr setup, rb musical chair for a few straight weeks, chubbs was out then didnt do shit against pitt, but honestly they were able to play safe AF and run the ball and dropped 7-8 leaving no one open too often, it worked, we cant get behind a team who can get home with rushing 4 and also has a great run game...  

it feels like the 2004 bengals, we are better than 3 of the 4 teams we lost to, and we beat some teams better than us. 

eli apple sucks ass. replacing apple with a top 2 round pick makes the secondary great vs a liability, grab a top 2 round olineman, with adiniji(sp?) back and maybe a free agent OL? the line could completely transform..

we are who we ALL thought we were...

if someone said before the season "youll beat the ravens, Stealers, both on the road, play 9 different o-line, eli apple would be a starter and the worst corner in the nfl, and youll be above .500 going into the bye week tied with a group of teams potentially in a playoff hunt, everyone here would have killed for that and been stoked.

the reasons we lost the last two games were wild, and pretty uncommon situations.

what is your basis for this? what is it you think someone has figured out, exactly?

What I am concerned about is more that teams have figured out our schemes and what we do well and what we do poorly and adjusted to it. My concern is less about individual players and rather our systems themselves. I think they have figured out that our D can be beat in the dink and dunk game and that bracketing coverage to Jamar is ideal because at times Joe wants to force it to him. My concern is that our coaches are going to need to adjust the game planning going forward and Im not sure they are capeable.

20 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

What I am concerned about is more that teams have figured out our schemes and what we do well and what we do poorly and adjusted to it. My concern is less about individual players and rather our systems themselves. I think they have figured out that our D can be beat in the dink and dunk game and that bracketing coverage to Jamar is ideal because at times Joe wants to force it to him. My concern is that our coaches are going to need to adjust the game planning going forward and Im not sure they are capeable.

Surprised it took this

long for teams to figure out that Chase was the best WR on the team.  Also surprised that Taylor and Burrow can’t pivot and target the other talented WRs on the team.  Boyd had one target prior to the 4th quarter on Sunday.  Awful. 

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Surprised it took this

long for teams to figure out that Chase was the best WR on the team.  Also surprised that Taylor and Burrow can’t pivot and target the other talented WRs on the team.  Boyd had one target prior to the 4th quarter on Sunday.  Awful. 

not enough data points until now. 

On 11/8/2021 at 10:08 AM, membengal said:

Week to week league. And then some. ZT needs to respond. And does LouA. On them now. 

Also, this team isn't good enough to overcome Burrow being bad against a good team. And Burrow was not great yesterday. 

It didn't appear to be a "week-to-week" league from a lot of you after the Ravens game. 

3 hours ago, indianacane02 said:

It didn't appear to be a "week-to-week" league from a lot of you after the Ravens game. 

I don't know what that is supposed to be calling out (checks notes) - person with 3 whole posts. 

It was as ever a week to week league. 

Harbaugh himself made that point after we waxed the Ravens. He wasn't wrong. Do we have the right coaching staff to navigate this? Open question, But Go is also right, there is a lot about the first nine weeks that makes the next 8 interesting. More interesting than many of us thought pre-season. I think my prediction was for 8 wins - so, if the 3-post person is calling me out...ok I guess?

I just had a chuckle to myself after listening to the Bengals Booth podcast - Mixon said "we just need to get back to playing Bengals football" - dude - that's what y'all are doing now - you need to NOT play Bengals football!

1 hour ago, Cat said:

I just had a chuckle to myself after listening to the Bengals Booth podcast - Mixon said "we just need to get back to playing Bengals football" - dude - that's what y'all are doing now - you need to NOT play Bengals football!

Dude, you (Mixon) need to learn how to run to daylight rather than into a mass of humanity where the hole ain't

and STFU.  Chubby has the ability to blast through those things, you fall down and go "boom" and give BS press

conferences.

On 11/9/2021 at 2:21 PM, membengal said:

I don't know what that is supposed to be calling out (checks notes) - person with 3 whole posts. 

It was as ever a week to week league. 

All I did was read posts on this board, Bengalszone, RedsZone, and here.  I was formally on BengalsInsiders many moons ago. Been a Bengals fans since Don Criqui was assigned to announce every single one of our games.  Trust me, I realize that our fanbase still forgets that we're the Bengals.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:08 AM, membengal said:

Week to week league. And then some. ZT needs to respond. And does LouA. On them now. 

Also, this team isn't good enough to overcome Burrow being bad against a good team. And Burrow was not great yesterday. 

Maybe everybody here will realize how over-rated Burrow is. Dalton did better with less.

2 hours ago, indianacane02 said:

All I did was read posts on this board, Bengalszone, RedsZone, and here.  I was formally on BengalsInsiders many moons ago. Been a Bengals fans since Don Criqui was assigned to announce every single one of our games.  Trust me, I realize that our fanbase still forgets that we're the Bengals.

Welcome Indy!!

Been a lonng time since Bengalzone..

Looking forward to your input ..

43 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Maybe everybody here will realize how over-rated Burrow is. Dalton did better with less.

I haven`t even bothered to watch the 2nd half of the game yet by choice. But this comment with all do respect is just rediculous in my opinion, and not really worth arguing all of the reasons you are wrong. Give Burrow some better protection and a year removed from knee surgery and he will be even better. But pretty sure most would take this version over Dalton. 

To be fair....

I haven't given up belief in Burrow or Chase. Burrow needs to realize that he has to spread the ball around more, especially when he's in "trouble". God bless Burrow, he's throwing picks because he trusts Chase. That connection is only going to grow. It's "wise" to sit QB's for a year, and WR's usually don't catch on until year two... That's how good these guys are. I still believe in Burrow and Chase.

Now, even after the Ravens game, people still had qualms about coaching. And great play can make a bad scheme look good.

I'm less concerned with Lou A. He's had two games go to shit on him. After an insane let down against the Jets, you have to trot your boys out on to the field down by 7. If the pass rush had been even mildly effective, the scheme wasn't terrible. There's no disguise, and execution sucks. But Lou calls a decent enough scheme, if you ignore the Jets game.

Zac on the other hand.... You could roll dice with Run, pass, 5 wide, I form... And have as cohesive an offense as Zac's. Like to the point where I'm starting to wonder if it's some weird sabermetrics thing. O-Coord: Hey Zac, the computer says to run 5 wide, all in routes. Zac: Seriously? I would think play action... O-Coord: Nope, it says that play has a 57.4% chance of success against a predicted 0 blitz. Plus, it keeps us unpredictable, remember? Zac: Yeah, some a-hole in Virginia is going to think I'm a moron, but I'll call it.

Honestly, the only thing redeeming about Zac's offense is Joe Burrow. We saw "normal" QB's run this against vanilla defenses in the preseason and get nothing out of it. It's like a story with all of the pages out of order. And all of this 5 wide sh*t is going to get the kid killed. He took WAY too many hits last weekend. You have Joe Mixon.... Honestly, Taylor makes me miss "Shovel pass on 3rd and 23" Bratkowski. There's no "Run to set up the pass", or even "Pass to set up the run". It's more "We gave the blind ball boy a set of darts and a 5th of Jack".

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2011* 24 CIN QB 14 16 16 9-7-0 300 516 58.1 3398 20 3.9 13 2.5 151 84 6.6 6.2 11.3 212.4 80.4 49.5 24 160 6.00 5.65 4.4 4 4 11
2012 25 CIN QB 14 16 16 10-6-0 329 528 62.3 3669 27 5.1 16 3.0 172 59 6.9 6.6 11.2 229.3 87.4 47.7 46 229 5.99 5.68 8.0 1 3 12

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% 1D Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV
2020 24 CIN QB 9 10 10 2-7-1 264 404 65.3 2688 13 3.2 5 1.2 150 67 6.7 6.7 10.2 268.8 89.8 56.2 32 231 5.64 5.72 7.3     7
2021 25 CIN qb 9 9 9 5-4-0 195 286 68.2 2497 20 7.0 11 3.8 108 82 8.7 8.4 12.8 277.4 102.6 48.7 25 177 7.46 7.15 8.0 1 2

1 hour ago, Cat said:
2011* 24 CIN QB 14 16 16 9-7-0 300 516 58.1 3398 20 3.9 13 2.5 151 84 6.6 6.2 11.3 212.4 80.4 49.5 24 160 6.00 5.65 4.4 4 4 11
2012 25 CIN QB 14 16 16 10-6-0 329 528 62.3 3669 27 5.1 16 3.0 172 59 6.9 6.6 11.2 229.3 87.4 47.7 46 229 5.99 5.68 8.0 1 3 12

2020 24 CIN QB 9 10 10 2-7-1 264 404 65.3 2688 13 3.2 5 1.2 150 67 6.7 6.7 10.2 268.8 89.8 56.2 32 231 5.64 5.72 7.3     7
2021 25 CIN qb 9 9 9 5-4-0 195 286 68.2 2497 20 7.0 11 3.8 108 82 8.7 8.4 12.8 277.4 102.6 48.7 25 177 7.46 7.15 8.0 1 2

Ah.  Now it all makes sense.  🤪

Archived