Stealers Week

I know there is so much that can go wrong from here - but just wanted to pause and say that, relative my expectations at least - being 6-4 at this juncture is an unexpected and pleasant surprise. That they are going to play at least some meaningful games in December is a massive step forward from the uncertainty of the off-season and Burrow's recovery and the coming off of 2 and 4 win seasons. Happy to have a reason to watch games this late in the year for something other than hoping for losses to improve draft position at any rate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

I know there is so much that can go wrong from here - but just wanted to pause and say that, relative my expectations at least - being 6-4 at this juncture is an unexpected and pleasant surprise. That they are going to play at least some meaningful games in December is a massive step forward from the uncertainty of the off-season and Burrow's recovery and the coming off of 2 and 4 win seasons. Happy to have a reason to watch games this late in the year for something other than hoping for losses to improve draft position at any rate.

I agree.  They only have to win 2 more games to meet my preseason expectations.  The OL still makes me cringe as the team's #1 asset is still at more risk than he should be, but most every other part of the team has been upgraded.  Very hopeful about the next few weeks.

:pissing: cIgJs_O2_x96.jpg

We have:
• Promoted TE Kevin Rader from the practice squad to the 53-man roster
• Signed G Rashaad Coward & TE Jace Sternberger to the practice squad
• Placed WR Ray-Ray McCloud on the Reserve/COVID list
• Released QB James Morgan

5 hours ago, gupps said:

I hope we get off to a quick start and don't wait til midway thru the 2nd quarter to get going. A couple of 3 and outs at the beginning and the Stealers are gonna jump knee deep in our shit and stay there for the whole game.

The Stealers only hope to win is Hayward and Watts wrecking havoc all day..

If they're successful it'll be close..

If the Bengals can neutralize them somewhat JB will pick their secondary apart every which way..

The Shitsburg basically has 2 great defenders and not much else..

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

I'm thinking this might be on the Chosen 1's locker...

"Mike Tomlin Says Teams Have Made Necessary Adjustments to Stop Ja'Marr Chase"

from James Rapien article:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/mike-tomlin-jamarr-chase-bengals-Stealers

By watching him I do see tighter coverage on him and why not??.

JB used Boyd more last week and I expect the same ..

What Im hoping for is our Oline to make some gaps for Mixon to run thru..

The Oline will have some bad moments simply because Watts and Hayward are great players...

If they're going ground and pound stay at it!..

.Another all out physical game against our hated nemisis...

On Jackson Carman..

I like this kids alot.

.first off he's illing to absorb Coach Pollacks teachings which in itself will make him a better player.

He has all the makings of a good RG for them..

His 325" arms will never translate to a tackle spot but the sheer bulk and strength will be ideal in the interior..

Kid is raw...real raw 

Id like to see him get 10 or more snaps a game to keep his gametime progress up .

His future looks good  under Pollacks guidance..

26 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

On Jackson Carman..

I like this kids alot.

.first off he's illing to absorb Coach Pollacks teachings which in itself will make him a better player.

He has all the makings of a good RG for them..

His 325" arms will never translate to a tackle spot but the sheer bulk and strength will be ideal in the interior..

Kid is raw...real raw 

Id like to see him get 10 or more snaps a game to keep his gametime progress up .

His future looks good  under Pollacks guidance..

Where is he gonna play if they resign Spain and Adjenii continues to play RG?

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Where is he gonna play if they resign Spain and Adjenii continues to play RG?

Spain stays here at LG..

Carman takes over at RG ..

Adenijji is then slotted as backup at LT and LG..

Quality depth for the left side ..

If Carman plays poorly they insert Adenijji back there as is the case now..

I think they'll draft an interior lineman as early as round 2 to help fortify the spot..

Im thinking CB or RT in round 1...

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Spain stays here at LG..

Carman takes over at RG ..

Adenijji is then slotted as backup at LT and LG..

Quality depth for the left side ..

If Carman plays poorly they insert Adenijji back there as is the case now..

I think they'll draft an interior lineman as early as round 2 to help fortify the spot..

Im thinking CB or RT in round 1...

I think my perfect offseason is to get a FA center as I was looking at the RTs to replace Reiff and there are not any guys that are under 30 that I want. If we cut Hopkins (as he has played below average this year) and replace him with a guy like Ted Karras from the NE (their back up center, and starting LG) then draft a RT in the 2nd to replace Reiff, I'm happy.