Stealers Week

36 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think my perfect offseason is to get a FA center as I was looking at the RTs to replace Reiff and there are not any guys that are under 30 that I want. If we cut Hopkins (as he has played below average this year) and replace him with a guy like Ted Karras from the NE (their back up center, and starting LG) then draft a RT in the 2nd to replace Reiff, I'm happy.

I would give serious thought to drafting the big kid from Iowa.

Curious to see how Cartman or iji would work at ORT.

Prince?  If he develops?

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Spain stays here at LG..

Carman takes over at RG ..

Adenijji is then slotted as backup at LT and LG..

Quality depth for the left side ..

If Carman plays poorly they insert Adenijji back there as is the case now..

I think they'll draft an interior lineman as early as round 2 to help fortify the spot..

Im thinking CB or RT in round 1...

Why?  I've seen few signs that Carman is anything close to what they thought he was.  He was terrible except for the odd play when he was in there.  Adenijji has been a serious improvement since inserted.  If Adenijjji continues to play as well as he has or better why would you move him?  Maybe after they resign Spain for two years Carman may be ready at the end of that contract.  Carman struggled mightily with assignments and pass protection.  He should improve the assignments part, but improving his technique is a crap shoot and will take quite a bit of time.  It never worked for Price.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but I just don't see any signs from Carman he is anything more than a project at this point.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Why?  I've seen few signs that Carman is anything close to what they thought he was.  He was terrible except for the odd play when he was in there.  Adenijji has been a serious improvement since inserted.  If Adenijjji continues to play as well as he has or better why would you move him?  Maybe after they resign Spain for two years Carman may be ready at the end of that contract.  Carman struggled mightily with assignments and pass protection.  He should improve the assignments part, but improving his technique is a crap shoot and will take quite a bit of time.  It never worked for Price.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but I just don't see any signs from Carman he is anything more than a project at this point.

Carman has shown serious potential as a mauler, I have no idea how anyone could see some of his blocks and think otherwise. Where I agree with you is that he needs to get smarter about the game and be more consistent, that is something that can only come with reps. No way around that.

• Upvote 2

On 11/23/2021 at 8:36 PM, High School Harry said:

:pissing: cIgJs_O2_x96.jpg

We have:
• Promoted TE Kevin Rader from the practice squad to the 53-man roster
• Signed G Rashaad Coward & TE Jace Sternberger to the practice squad
• Placed WR Ray-Ray McCloud on the Reserve/COVID list
• Released QB James Morgan

Sternberger? He was a fantastic TE at A&M (I have a kid that's in the band there, so watch all the games). Obviously not that great in the pros, I guess. Oh well, he's the enemy now. Fuck him.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Cat said:

Sternberger? He was a fantastic TE at A&M (I have a kid that's in the band there, so watch all the games). Obviously not that great in the pros, I guess. Oh well, he's the enemy now. Fuck him.

On a side note,  every college football fan needs to attend at least one Texas A&M game.

The experience is simply unbelievable 

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Any word on Trae Waynes? He was on the sidelines doing rehab last week, any closer to actually playing?

He'll be out for a few more weeks..

I actually dont care if he plays or not anymore..

He'll be rusty if he did return. _ (which he probaby wont)..

Apple had a 87.1 grade against the Raiders so hes improving nicely.. 

• SF2 featured this topic
  • Jamie_B changed the title to Stealers Week
6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Looking at the defenses we play the next two weeks. Both the Stealers and Chargers are not that good against the run, I expect we will have similar game plans the next two weeks as we did this past one. Healthy doses of Joe Mixon

Joe Mixon relishes the idea of running til they wear down..

He says he wants to punish them over and over like he did the Raiders...

25-30 carries...yes