AFC North fans in a quandary this week

As someone who lives near Baltimore and visits often, I can attest to the fact that they have the most annoying fan base in the universe. In fact, nothing could be more fitting than if they never beat the "Browns 2.0" team again. It honestly couldn't happen to nicer people.

Much like Cincy's close proximity has allowed for a truly caustic rivalry to develop with Pissburgh, the lack of distance has made my loathing of the Ravens palpable. I hope the Browns beat 'em by 127 points and Lamar Jackson gets castrated on live TV by a Myles Garrett blindside hit while throwing an interception.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

How close? You know I live in baltimore city? Perhaps not.

I'm in NOVAish... So, either my 24 year old coworkers or people who started following the Ravens because Ray Lewis. They're actually the worst. The Lewis a-holes are wanna-bes who think they can be tough by association. The die hards are still bitter about losing the Colts, can't see the Irony. Mad that the Browns exist to remind them. The rest would be right at home on an episode of Always Sunny.

I do (have done?) work for a large banking concern in the area. Really DC based, but no one can afford to live in DC. I work (worked?) on and off for Uncle Samuel.

But my work arrangements are weird. I am currently working for a company in Boston designing a system for a company is Seattle. Before that I worked for a company in LA for a firm in Minnesota. I can't even really hang my hat on any one profession... I might have 3-4 different types of jobs going on, plus my own hobbies for any given year. Like... Consulting for 10 hours a week with one company on AWS and react, specialty luthier work, writing ad copy/gags in my creative time, and working with a startup to get a camera on a crane. Plus Etsy store for 3D prints and CNC designs which my wife mostly runs. I do public speaking, that sort of thing. Run some local concerns. I'm a man of no fixed profession.

I do like the Inner Harbor. We stay at that Pier 5 place when we go and always have a great time. The fireworks show on Labor Day weekend was amazeballs. I was bombed on ~3 grams of magic mushrooms with a bunch of ex-cop Blackwater guys all talking about some "tic tac" alien conspiracy nonsense and that show seemed to go on forever. Like, might have been the drugs... But after 10 minutes even I was chanting "USA! USA!" from the balcony. We went to that Brazilian steak house and ate all the red meat while we gazed at the cholas and their tatays hanging out. If my life is going to flash before my eyes, they can pause on that night.

Highlandtown and the rest have seen better days, but what American city hasn't? The Baby Boomers all moved out to the Suburbs so they didn't have to pay to maintain any of the pretty nice stuff their parents left them. So... No hard feeling to the city in general - but screw Ravens fans. Oh, and your strip bars suuuuuuck.

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

that inner harbor right? 

Yep. From the weekend in question. Went over and got some amazing crepes with apples and cinnamon for breakfast and walked around. It was such a beautiful day. Not sure what the deal was with the boats though. There was some sort of paid tour and every time you got near to the sign, these creepy little doll girls in Shirley Temple sailor suits would stare at you expectantly, and I was tripping too hard to deal with that. Get back Satan. There was a submarine, etc... My spouse is Ex-Navy and worked on the design of aircraft carriers for many years and getting on an old sub was low on her list of stuff to do. So I'm all "Duuuude, boats!" and she's like "No."

But the sky was perfect, everything is framed in well, (not even cropped!) and I just really like this picture. 

6 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yep. From the weekend in question. Went over and got some amazing crepes with apples and cinnamon for breakfast and walked around. It was such a beautiful day. Not sure what the deal was with the boats though. There was some sort of paid tour and every time you got near to the sign, these creepy little doll girls in Shirley Temple sailor suits would stare at you expectantly, and I was tripping too hard to deal with that. Get back Satan. There was a submarine, etc... My spouse is Ex-Navy and worked on the design of aircraft carriers for many years and getting on an old sub was low on her list of stuff to do. So I'm all "Duuuude, boats!" and she's like "No."

But the sky was perfect, everything is framed in well, (not even cropped!) and I just really like this picture. 

that's cool man... It really I a good picture. I like that.

I have only been there once. In 2017 me, my wife and two daughters went there for the women's march in DC.. I let them go to that and went  and hung out in the inner harbor area.. had some good food and just checked shit out. 

11 hours ago, GoBengals said:

loved his 4th pick right after collinsworth said something like "teams will never figure out the rubiks cube that is lamar jackson. 

seems like they got it. the solution is "tackle him before he runs for 10 yards OR before he runs around long enough to find someone so wide open he can just chuck it in their direction."  aside from that he brings nothing to the table.

He also said, his type of QB is what the NFL needs and will bring.  Um, his type of QB has been in the NFL for Decades! Hello! 

56 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

He also said, his type of QB is what the NFL needs and will bring.  Um, his type of QB has been in the NFL for Decades! Hello! 

They wind up playing as unprotected RB's. There have been a few that bucked the trend of running QB's having short careers... But not many. They wear light pads and just aren't out there to take a pounding.

It's an effective strategy that is a semi wildcat on every play. The league is full of young QB's who can use their legs to get guys open. Wilson, Watson, Mahomes... And so on. It's easier than grooming an Aaron Rodgers or finding a Peyton Manning. Once upon a time, Mike Vick was unstoppable. McNabb, McNair, Cam Newton, RG3... Only as good as their knees were healthy. 178 rushing attempts in a year is a dangerous place to have your franchise QB.

6 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

They wind up playing as unprotected RB's. There have been a few that bucked the trend of running QB's having short careers... But not many. They wear light pads and just aren't out there to take a pounding.

It's an effective strategy that is a semi wildcat on every play. The league is full of young QB's who can use their legs to get guys open. Wilson, Watson, Mahomes... And so on. It's easier than grooming an Aaron Rodgers or finding a Peyton Manning. Once upon a time, Mike Vick was unstoppable. McNabb, McNair, Cam Newton, RG3... Only as good as their knees were healthy. 178 rushing attempts in a year is a dangerous place to have your franchise QB.

And for the really older remembrance: the specter of an entire Chicago offense built around the “running QB” skills of Robert Gilchrist “Bobby” Douglass. 

Held most season rushing yards record for a QB, until Mike broke it. 

Wasn’t a thrower, but threw for 4 TDs with a broken wrist: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.rrstar.com/amp/6404012002

(Yes, the Bears did play at Wrigley Field once)

Saw him once, as a lad in ‘72 at the almost new Riverfront. Wouldn’t have remembered this fellow, except he was this tall, blonde, left-handed QB who ran…a lot. Bengals handled him pretty good—and won—but he stuck in my mind as one of those anomaly type players. 

8 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm in NOVAish... So, either my 24 year old coworkers or people who started following the Ravens because Ray Lewis. They're actually the worst. The Lewis a-holes are wanna-bes who think they can be tough by association. The die hards are still bitter about losing the Colts, can't see the Irony. Mad that the Browns exist to remind them. The rest would be right at home on an episode of Always Sunny.

I do (have done?) work for a large banking concern in the area. Really DC based, but no one can afford to live in DC. I work (worked?) on and off for Uncle Samuel.

But my work arrangements are weird. I am currently working for a company in Boston designing a system for a company is Seattle. Before that I worked for a company in LA for a firm in Minnesota. I can't even really hang my hat on any one profession... I might have 3-4 different types of jobs going on, plus my own hobbies for any given year. Like... Consulting for 10 hours a week with one company on AWS and react, specialty luthier work, writing ad copy/gags in my creative time, and working with a startup to get a camera on a crane. Plus Etsy store for 3D prints and CNC designs which my wife mostly runs. I do public speaking, that sort of thing. Run some local concerns. I'm a man of no fixed profession.

I do like the Inner Harbor. We stay at that Pier 5 place when we go and always have a great time. The fireworks show on Labor Day weekend was amazeballs. I was bombed on ~3 grams of magic mushrooms with a bunch of ex-cop Blackwater guys all talking about some "tic tac" alien conspiracy nonsense and that show seemed to go on forever. Like, might have been the drugs... But after 10 minutes even I was chanting "USA! USA!" from the balcony. We went to that Brazilian steak house and ate all the red meat while we gazed at the cholas and their tatays hanging out. If my life is going to flash before my eyes, they can pause on that night.

Highlandtown and the rest have seen better days, but what American city hasn't? The Baby Boomers all moved out to the Suburbs so they didn't have to pay to maintain any of the pretty nice stuff their parents left them. So... No hard feeling to the city in general - but screw Ravens fans. Oh, and your strip bars suuuuuuck.

I'm in NOVA too. Got a Ravens fan in my office that gave me a bit of shit, but nothing bad. 

Inner harbor is great, Ravens fans in Bmore are a mix some are obnoxious some are fine. Like any teams fanbase I guess.

Brought this up in another thread but the Bengals fan quandary for this Sunday...

Browns have a bye week.

Shittsburugh plays Baldingwhore.

A Shittsburgh win and our beating the Chargers puts us into first place in the Division.

So.... so.... so... who ya' gonna root for?

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

Brought this up in another thread but the Bengals fan quandary for this Sunday...

Browns have a bye week.

A Shittsburgh win and our beating the Chargers puts us into first place in the Division.

Seeing that the game is in Pittsburgh...... this is who I'm rooting for......

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Browns have a bye week.

I’m rooting for “bye week” and Shittdburgh to each get the W.

14 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Pittsburgh is no threat. They're the worst team in the division. Root for them to steal a win vs Baltimore. I think the Ravens are our toughest foe although we don't seem to matchup well vs Cleveland

I think the Cleveland matchup is a good point.  They have stout OL and DL, but there are some issues up north.  Their OL has injury issues and their DL seems to have discipline issues. 

Stopping Jackson really isn't that tough, especially with the shitty line, RBs and WRs he has to work with.  Keep him in the pocket.  The Bengals did a great job of that.  The Browns did too, except in key situations.  Clowney was being a clown and not containing Jackson and he was able to make enough plays to win the game.  Lots of "stars" on the Browns DL.  They want their glory and it probably cost them a win.

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

I’m rooting for “bye week” and Shittdburgh to each get the W.

Much as I hate to do it, and as much as I would like to see Pisspuke buried so far in the standings there's no chance of recovery, I have to root for Pisspuke. 

I feel dirty now. 

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Me, too...

Rooting for Piggsturd but not telling anyone.

Goooo.... Stealers..... Beat Cravens.... and Fuck Both of Them.

I am with Jamie on this one.. I hope Bane shows up

and I am worth you on the Fuck both of them.. and if the ratbirds win, we still get them at home once...  

Bengals just need to keep winning, take care of the chosen one this weekend. 

Archived