Good, Bad, Ugly - Steelers game 2

19 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He sat Dalton for Finley - NOT the better player. I am no Dalton fan but Finley was a complete POS.

i dont think for a second taylor felt finley was better, that move was to serve 3 purposes IMO.

1. tank the season, going back and forth between QBs fucks everything up, timing, rhythm, consistency, etc

2. make it clear the end is approaching for Dalton, the move says "you suck bad enough to replace" 

3. see if finley was worth anything what so ever, to keep as a backup of course, he was not, so they got rid of him too. 

the move got rid of the sour egg, made the decision to get a draft pick for a terrible backup, who was even cut, so free draft pick. 10/10 move.

2 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i dont think for a second taylor felt finley was better, that move was to serve 3 purposes IMO.

1. tank the season, going back and forth between QBs fucks everything up, timing, rhythm, consistency, etc

2. make it clear the end is approaching for Dalton, the move says "you suck bad enough to replace" 

3. see if finley was worth anything what so ever, to keep as a backup of course, he was not, so they got rid of him too. 

the move got rid of the sour egg, made the decision to get a draft pick for a terrible backup, who was even cut, so free draft pick. 10/10 move.

Hmm, hard to build culture if you decide to tank. 

21 minutes ago, membengal said:

I enjoy that this meme continues to develop step by step into a nuanced representation of a complex array of factors that play into, well... the game of football. It's like it's not the simplest thing ever? Who knew?

I have given this offense a lot of flak over the first half of the season....

What happened yesterday? We ran the ball? F me.

I heard some commenters say the same. It wasn't just the win, it was a sustained attack. It wasn't 2-3 big plays, it was the offense being unstoppable in long marches down the field that seemed to feel inevitable. It was the defense smothering and harassing.

The only bad... There wasn't much of a reason to watch the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

Good (actually may be the best) - How these players play for each other and are all-in on TEAM success.  Exhibit A is Chase’s dancing/jumping celebration on one of Mixon’s long runs.

:dance:

True. Chase isn’t afraid to block and if he doesn’t always gets the ball, he’s ok with it because he knows that opens things up for someone else. Mixon is constantly giving credit to the O-line for his runs. This team is showing a level of unselfishness and discipline I haven’t seen in a very long time. 

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

True. Chase isn’t afraid to block and if he doesn’t always gets the ball, he’s ok with it because he knows that opens things up for someone else. Mixon is constantly giving credit to the O-line for his runs. This team is showing a level of unselfishness and discipline I haven’t seen in a very long time. 

Did you see Burrow busting donkey to get downfield and find someone to block on that big Mixon run to the outside?

No one is complaining about touches. Jamar Chase stole a lot of spotlight. Mixon didn't get a chance to shine as a workhorse early.... Not a peep.

The guys have won me over. If they can call a few more like this week, the coaching staff might too.

11 hours ago, Cricket said:

Good (actually may be the best) - How these players play for each other and are all-in on TEAM success.  Exhibit A is Chase’s dancing/jumping celebration on one of Mixon’s long runs.

It's why I believe this team is built different than teams we had in the recent past that were successful. These guys are pretty tight knight and celebrate each others successes. 

9 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Unselfishness...... that's the key word.

19 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He sat Dalton for Finley - NOT the better player. I am no Dalton fan but Finley was a complete POS.

That’s so much bullshit.  They knew what they had in Dalton, they needed to give Finley real game experience to see what he could do.  The season was already done at that point.  

22 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

That’s so much bullshit.  They knew what they had in Dalton, they needed to give Finley real game experience to see what he could do.  The season was already done at that point.  

The point was Taylor was 'playing the players the gave the team the best chance to win'. This situation was the opposite. Everyone knew Finley was shit and Dalton was Mr. Average. 

This team is playing well right now and trending in the right direction, but Taylor and staff were a disaster for two years and any team owner that was not a tree sloth would have fired them. 

9 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The point was Taylor was 'playing the players the gave the team the best chance to win'. This situation was the opposite. Everyone knew Finley was shit and Dalton was Mr. Average. 

This team is playing well right now and trending in the right direction, but Taylor and staff were a disaster for two years and any team owner that was not a tree sloth would have fired them. 

I'm not sure how anyone could know that, assume given his draft status and position as a backup sure, but know? You can't know something like that without putting a guy in in real game situations, not pre-season.

14 hours ago, Cricket said:

Taylor does seem to have the culture right.  The players are much improved with only a few weak areas.  Hopefully we get to see if Taylor can play chess with the big boys in the playoffs.

21 hours ago, membengal said:

Lord...that was a thing of beauty..

Big Q is quite a force..

Adenijji and Reiff look like theyve played beside each other for years..

I remember Duke Manyweather saying Adenijji was a huge steal in the draft and had quick feet..The dancing bear..

He's added more power to his game now.

I agree with some that said we should wait to see how they perform down the stretch but the signs of fruition are there..

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

This team is playing well right now and trending in the right direction, but Taylor and staff were a disaster for two years and any team owner that was not a tree sloth would have fired them

Ffs…let it go man! 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Ffs…let it go man! 

Getting there but by no means to I trust Mikey to continue to build towards a championship. The stalling of the Bates deal is troubling - he already should have been signed at the top safety rate just to show the other leaders and players we really do want to change. And the cap will be rising significantly in each of the next 3 years so there are no excuses for NOT signing all of our best players. None. So lets see if the so called culture change has made its way to the corner office. This team still has a lot of holes but at least they are competitive and an elite type QB never hurts. 

Archived