Broncos Week

6 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Here's a scary thought...

Andre Smith was released by the Ravens on November 2nd. He's available and should be in playing "shape". Probably the best RT available right now.

What?  You mean to tell me Bobby Hart is currently on an active NFL roster?  :ninja:

12 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I think this may have been overlooked by many but the Bengals are 2nd in the NFL in sacks. Last year they had 17 sacks on the whole season. This year they have 37 through 13 games. That's a huge turnaround. 

Hendrickson for DPOY?

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Except that Hubbard is a better all around player than Hendrickson.

It's fun looking back remembering everyone who thought Hendrickson was not going to be as good as he was in NO and that losing Lawson was a huge loss.

As far as Hubbard, he has turned out to be better than I thought he was going to be for sure. I'd have to do a deep dive on the analytics but I'd be curious as to how many teams actually run at Hendrickson or just to the left side of the Dline in general.

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It's fun looking back remembering everyone who thought Hendrickson was not going to be as good as he was in NO and that losing Lawson was a huge loss.

As far as Hubbard, he has turned out to be better than I thought he was going to be for sure. I'd have to do a deep dive on the analytics but I'd be curious as to how many teams actually run at Hendrickson or just to the left side of the Dline in general.

Different roles ..

Hendrickson is a bull outta the gate..

Hes not a run stuffer nor is he supposed to be..

Hes doing what he gets paid to do..

Sacks...

Hubbard can rush and pressure along with 7.5 sacks but he stretches out run plays on his side...

He does what hes paid to do as well..

Nice bookends...

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Fortunatley, we have a lot of depth on the OL 

It's going to be Prince and/or Smith then. 

I seem to recall, the Bengals did a variation of max protect on the right side in recent years. Can't remember when, or what the personnel was, but there were basically two tackles used on the right side, with one constantly being "#whatever in as an eligible receiver". 

Any port in the storm I suppose. 

Fred Johnson Expected to Start at Right Tackle on Sunday Against Broncos

The 24-year-old will make his first start of the season.

CINCINNATI — Fred Johnson is expected to start at right tackle on Sunday against the Broncos. 

The 24-year-old has appeared in just two games this season. With Riley Reiff expected to miss the rest of the year with an ankle injury and Isaiah Prince dealing with an illness, the Bengals are turning to Johnson. 

There's a chance that Prince is active in Denver, but he won't start.

"We've got a lot of faith in Fred," Taylor said. "Fred's done some good things for us over the last two years. Fred will be ready to go. Fred's taken the reps, we feel good about that. We'll just see where Isaiah would be at, he'd be more in a backup role if he's available." 

D'Ante Smith could also be activated from injured reserve on Saturday, but he will also be a backup at both tackle spots. 

Johnson has played just 20 offensive snaps this season, but the Bengals are banking on him to protect Joe Burrow and open running lanes for Joe Mixon on Sunday in Denver.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/fred-johnson-expected-to-start-against-denver-broncos

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Fred Johnson Expected to Start at Right Tackle on Sunday Against Broncos

The 24-year-old will make his first start of the season.

CINCINNATI — Fred Johnson is expected to start at right tackle on Sunday against the Broncos. 

The 24-year-old has appeared in just two games this season. With Riley Reiff expected to miss the rest of the year with an ankle injury and Isaiah Prince dealing with an illness, the Bengals are turning to Johnson. 

There's a chance that Prince is active in Denver, but he won't start.

"We've got a lot of faith in Fred," Taylor said. "Fred's done some good things for us over the last two years. Fred will be ready to go. Fred's taken the reps, we feel good about that. We'll just see where Isaiah would be at, he'd be more in a backup role if he's available." 

D'Ante Smith could also be activated from injured reserve on Saturday, but he will also be a backup at both tackle spots. 

Johnson has played just 20 offensive snaps this season, but the Bengals are banking on him to protect Joe Burrow and open running lanes for Joe Mixon on Sunday in Denver.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/fred-johnson-expected-to-start-against-denver-broncos

"Weve got alot of faith in Fred".

Really?....

Whis kidding who?

Hell no they dont..

11 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I knew when my hubby was pissed that we got Hendrickson instead of the Browns getting him that he had to be good.

12 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

It's going to be Prince and/or Smith then. 

I seem to recall, the Bengals did a variation of max protect on the right side in recent years. Can't remember when, or what the personnel was, but there were basically two tackles used on the right side, with one constantly being "#whatever in as an eligible receiver". 

Any port in the storm I suppose. 

I think he was being sarcastic, but who knows.  Good thing the Bengals drafted the dropper. 

6 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

I think he was being sarcastic, but who knows.  Good thing the Bengals drafted the dropper. 

Maybe just me but I am very pleased the Bengals drafted the kid you refer to as "the dropper".

I'm far more pissed and bitter that they drafted Eric Cartman over Creed Humphrey in the second round.  BUT... ancient history, 20/20 hindsight, they should have listened to me and we have to dance with the one we brought even if she is the ugliest girl at the prom.

Archived