The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly: San Francisco 49ers 12/11/21

43 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Just imagine how much worse it would be if Jamar Chase's rookie year had been like John Ross'. We've been spared a lot of that chatter.

Ive been allright with Chase..

Many drops yes but 1000yrds and 10tds is what I had hoped for so...

I actually had him pegged for 60-900-7

so he's been a blessing ..

To keep skirting away from addressing the Oline full bore  outside of the Reiff signing, would will have dire consequences in the future..

23 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Ive been allright with Chase..

Many drops yes but 1000yrds and 10tds is what I had hoped for so...

I actually had him pegged for 60-900-7

so he's been a blessing ..

To keep skirting away from addressing the Oline full bore  outside of the Reiff signing, would will have dire consequences in the future..

I'm just saying that if Chase was struggling, there would be a LOT more talk about whether or not the Bengals made the right decision, more comparisons of Williams vs. Sewell... Jonah Williams dodged a bullet there. If Chase was at 150 yards right now Rapien would be comparing Williams and Sewell every week.

I for one was never on the Sewell train - mostly because I thought Williams had the tools to be an excellent tackle. My concern is that the lack of improvement from last year implies that he's hit his ceiling. What happened to Frank Pollack being an immediate upgrade?

48 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm just saying that if Chase was struggling, there would be a LOT more talk about whether or not the Bengals made the right decision, more comparisons of Williams vs. Sewell... Jonah Williams dodged a bullet there. If Chase was at 150 yards right now Rapien would be comparing Williams and Sewell every week.

Agreed. I never liked the decision to draft Chase over offensive line help and I still don't BUT thankfully he's producing or this would have been a disaster.

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I for one was never on the Sewell train - mostly because I thought Williams had the tools to be an excellent tackle. My concern is that the lack of improvement from last year implies that he's hit his ceiling. What happened to Frank Pollack being an immediate upgrade?

Hope your wrong about Williams ceiling but it may be true..

Pollack hasnt imprived the oline they way Id hoped..

Improvements to the young ones seems minimal.

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hope your wrong about Williams ceiling but it may be true..

Pollack hasnt imprived the oline they way Id hoped..

Improvements to the young ones seems minimal.

Coaches can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  Bengals OL drafting has been insanely terrible over the past decade.  

Archived