Bronco Bustin GAME THREAD

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Not sure where to put this and will probably update to a new thread later this week but

the long range weather forecast for next Sunday is high of 48º low of 39º with a 24%

chance or rain.  Not at all horrible for late December even if flexed.  Well, if it isn't

flexed to the 8:30 or whatever that is.

I think they would have had to announce already if the game was going to be flexed.

3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

The announcers kept talking up that the defender got his hand on the 2-point pass attempt, but nobody came out said the real problem - it was a shit pass that Andrews never would have caught anyway.

And it was the same play they tried 2 weeks ago that didn’t work because Andrews dropped the ball.

Regardless, let’s hope that next week’s game doesn’t come down to this because with out shitty history of covering TEs, that play would probably work.

5 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Eli Apple's pass breakup of a sure TD was the true game changer.

Wasn't a fan of him earlier in the season, but he has turned it around.

He is playing with much more confidence now.

I think I offer Apple a contract at the end of this year. 

4 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Yep.

And I'd think real hard about not bringing Trae Waynes back

Keep Apple, Ogunjobi or Hill, (Shelvin will have to step up in that 3rd DT spot next year), tag Bates if we can't keep him. Let Waynes go, draft a CB. Spend whatever else money we can that doesnt hurt Joe's future contract, on adding some Olinemen.

17 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Yep.

And I'd think real hard about not bringing Trae Waynes back

I was looking at Waynes contract recently and it didn't look like there was much money to be saved by cutting him, but my understanding of that stuff isn't great.  If you don't save much money or cap space might as well bring Waynes back and hope for the best.

I would sign Apple as well, but I wouldn't give him crazy money.  Hopefully he's smart enough to want to stay because he's found a place where he fits and is playing well.  Too many guys take the biggest money, which comes with the biggest expectations, and find it difficult to meet them.  Agents can F a guy's career up in this way.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Gotta admit, Denver has a great defense. Same boat as the Saints, they are a good QB away from being a real contender.  Good road win for the good guys. 

I felt bad for Teddy. Dude has been through a lot with injuries and watching his head slam on the ground made my stomach turn.

41 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I was looking at Waynes contract recently and it didn't look like there was much money to be saved by cutting him, but my understanding of that stuff isn't great.  If you don't save much money or cap space might as well bring Waynes back and hope for the best.

I would sign Apple as well, but I wouldn't give him crazy money.  Hopefully he's smart enough to want to stay because he's found a place where he fits and is playing well.  Too many guys take the biggest money, which comes with the biggest expectations, and find it difficult to meet them.  Agents can F a guy's career up in this way.

*cough* TJ Houshmandzadeh *cough*

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Keep Apple, Ogunjobi or Hill, (Shelvin will have to step up in that 3rd DT spot next year), tag Bates if we can't keep him. Let Waynes go, draft a CB. Spend whatever else money we can that doesnt hurt Joe's future contract, on adding some Olinemen.

Huber?

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I would not think that hard about it. He would already be erased off the penciled roster for next year.

I saw that post June 1st, Waynes dead cap number is $5M. Compared to his cap number of $16M

I can’t see the team locking up $11 mil in real money and taking a $16 mil cap hit on a guy who has played in only 10% of the games in 2 years.  Either he restructures or release him.  They can’t treat him like Eifert. 

Archived