Bronco Bustin GAME THREAD

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

This man deserves some serious props for playing one whale of a game yesterday..

Good call.  I noticed he was everywhere.  He did get beat when asked to cover a TE, but you know what I think about that.  He looks confident and was tackling well. 

8 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I would not think that hard about it. He would already be erased off the penciled roster for next year.

I saw that post June 1st, Waynes dead cap number is $5M. Compared to his cap number of $16M

If that's the case he's cut city.  Need another CB though...

19 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Good call.  I noticed he was everywhere.  He did get beat when asked to cover a TE, but you know what I think about that.  He looks confident and was tackling well. 

I thought Bailey was playing really fast as well. Definitely good to see both of them flying around out there and making plays. 

1 hour ago, CincyInDC said:

I think that flag they picked up was for something completely different. 

Yes it sounded like originally they thought Sample got horse-collared.  They thought that late hit directly to his head was just good football action, I guess.  I mean a ref was literally right in front of us TV viewers, watching the whole thing.  I was really surprised he didn't even motion/hesitate toward his flag.

21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I'm waiting to see if Raven Oweh gets fined for the body slam of Mixon behind the line long

after he was stopped and the play over.

He held up his hands as if din du nuffin' and in the shot on the scoreboard you could see

him rolling his eyes.

Me too

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I'm waiting to see if Raven Oweh gets fined for the body slam of Mixon behind the line long

after he was stopped and the play over.

He held up his hands as if din du nuffin' and in the shot on the scoreboard you could see

him rolling his eyes.

I’ve heard that referees are evaluated after each game, including a review of each play…but I have not seen anything official that this is the case.  If so, are there any ramifications for “missing” blatant calls like this or the late hit on Sample in Denver?

:shrug:  

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

I’ve heard that referees are evaluated after each game, including a review of each play…but I have not seen anything official that this is the case.  If so, are there any ramifications for “missing” blatant calls like this or the late hit on Sample in Denver?

Dunno... but it was blatant if not shown on TV.

The crowd was all over it.

I just take it as the NFL quietly saying "We fudged up" 

and getting on with it.

Really lame for that to go uncalled and penalize Ja'marr for... spinning the ball?  Huh?

I didn't (couldn't) even see it.  IMHO that isn't as taunting as the player signaling

first down which I do not consider taunting, btw.

Refs trying to even up the game?  Don't know.

7 hours ago, Cricket said:

They are graded though the season and the ones who grade the best get to ref the playoffs and the others go home. And yes, some are fired if they are bad enough.

20 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

They are graded though the season and the ones who grade the best get to ref the playoffs and the others go home. And yes, some are fired if they are bad enough.

Maybe next season they will come up with a "No Referee Left Behind" program where all are promoted for having their name on a list even if they never showed up for a game.

Archived