Ravens Week - Part 2

53 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Are the rumors of Lemar Jackson's death exaggerated or for real?

Actually, I hope not (the death thing) but season ending IR would be mirthful.

I am gonna say a heresy - I would rather face Ravens with Jackson pushing to get back on a gimpy ankle than the very healthy and very dangerous yesterday Huntley...

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Win the division games and we win the division. 

Nope.  There's one scenario (just one) where we come in 2nd.  We are 1/2 game ahead of PIT.  If we win both division games but lose to KC, while PIT goes 3-0, they win the North.

Week 16: We beat BAL, PIT beats KCC.   (CLE plays GBP, don't care if they win or lose, us winning 2 and beating CLE eliminates them)

Week 17: We lose to KCC, PIT beats CLE.  (BAL plays LAR, don't care if they win or lose, us winning 2 and beating BAL eliminates them)

Week 18: We beat CLE, PIT beats BAL

PIT 10-6-1

CIN 10-7

BAL 9-8 or 8-9

CLE 8-9 or 7-10

ESPN Playoff Machine: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

11 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Are the rumors of Lemar Jackson's death exaggerated or for real?

Actually, I hope not (the death thing) but season ending IR would be mirthful.

Who dat?  Harry? 🙉

Long time dude...will be in the house on Sunday with the entire fam damily...hoping we don't get flexed until 8pm...much rather have the 1pm sunshine.

Just now, BengalBacker said:

Damn, it's Lawshark!🙂

I never post but when I saw you posted, I had to say hi.

Hey dude!  Long time no see pixels!  Hope all is well...was just reminiscing about the old SportingNews messageboard days...damn I'm old!   Haven't been back to a game in Cincy for...7 years?  Looking forward to it next week.  Things are all good here in Maine...finally got some snow on the ground this weekend.  Headed to Boston to overnight tomorrow and catch an early flight to Cincy on Wednesday.

I'm still hanging in there. I haven't been to a game in several years either. Life seems to get in the way of everything these days. Priorities change, I still follow my team, just not as rabidly as I used to.

Good to see you around, glad you're doing well. I wonder occasionally how the guys from the old board are doing. Like I said though, I never post anymore. Probably only once or twice a year for the last, I don't know, 7 or 8 years. So consider yourself special to have brought me out of semi-retirement briefly. 😁

7 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Nope.  There's one scenario (just one) where we come in 2nd.  We are 1/2 game ahead of PIT.  If we win both division games but lose to KC, while PIT goes 3-0, they win the North.

Week 16: We beat BAL, PIT beats KCC.   (CLE plays GBP, don't care if they win or lose, us winning 2 and beating CLE eliminates them)

Week 17: We lose to KCC, PIT beats CLE.  (BAL plays LAR, don't care if they win or lose, us winning 2 and beating BAL eliminates them)

Week 18: We beat CLE, PIT beats BAL

PIT 10-6-1

CIN 10-7

BAL 9-8 or 8-9

CLE 8-9 or 7-10

ESPN Playoff Machine: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Pitt isnt going 3-0. They have to play KC next week. They arent going to win that.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Pitt isnt going 3-0. They have to play KC next week. They arent going to win that.

Logical thought and consideration lead to that conclusion. 

However, this is the NFL…where logic and consideration are in critically short supply. 

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Logical thought and consideration lead to that conclusion. 

However, this is the NFL…where logic and consideration are in critically short supply. 

Fair, as nobody saw the Cardinals losing to the Lions. 

But that said it's pretty unlikely the Steelers go 3-0, and imho much more likely they go 0-3.

Though we want them to beat Cleveland. 

8 hours ago, Lawshark13 said:

Who dat?  Harry? 🙉

Long time dude...will be in the house on Sunday with the entire fam damily...hoping we don't get flexed until 8pm...much rather have the 1pm sunshine.

Heeyyyy!!!!  Fantastic to see you!!!

MOC is on here, too.

So is Tiger J@w.

Stick around and post more.

Same goes for you, Mr Backer!

19 hours ago, membengal said:

I am gonna say a heresy - I would rather face Ravens with Jackson pushing to get back on a gimpy ankle than the very healthy and very dangerous yesterday Huntley...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ravens-hc-john-harbaugh-provides-045548134.html

Ravens HC John Harbaugh provides update on injury of QB Lamar Jackson (sort of via doublespeak)

On Monday, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh provided an update on the status of Jackson ahead of a Week 16 critical matchup with their division rival in the Cincinnati Bengals.

“As far as Lamar [Jackson], we’ll see how the ankle responds and continues to respond. It is getting better.”

Harbaugh added that he is “hopeful” that Jackson can return to practice on Wednesday.

“I’m hopeful. As far as the details of it all, it’s not something we really get into – the details – too much, as you know. That’s not something we need to share with the whole world. I’m hopeful. We’ll see.”

If Jackson is unable to suit up on Sunday, Huntley would get his second consecutive start, this time in a matchup that could determine the winner of the AFC North division in the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

In case anyone missed it, Bochi has a torn acl and is done for the year.

Wilson wont be back this week, so we're down to our 3rd string LB

Not sure how they worked this the first time around, with the “spy” on Jackson? Can’t recall if it was a LB or safety. 

Archived