Week 16 Scoreboard Watch

11 hours ago, spicoli said:

Taylor and the Colts are going to be a problem in the playoffs. With Nelson obliterating people on seemingly every play and Wentz being just good enough, they're for sure going to be a tough out for anyone in the AFC. 

no doubt - good defense as well

During yesterday’s Browns-Packers game, I successfully called Baker Mayfield’s first two picks pre-snap…with one of those calls being made during the commercial break.

My family (son, daughter, and daughter-in-law) was freaking out…and telling me to call for a pick on every offensive snap for the Browns (and to pick lottery numbers).  Of course, calling for a pick in every play wouldn’t be realistic…and surely the Browns coaching staff would realize that they should limit Baker’s throws (especially the longer ones)…and keep gashing the Packers on the ground.

I did make three more calls for Baker to throw a pick, and was only correct one of those three times.  For the other two calls, one was a drop of what looked like it should have been an easy interception, and on the other one the Browns actually went with a running play.

Three out of five ain’t bad…but when I was two out of two, I was on 🔥.  A fun evening of watching football.  

I will add that the Browns did get screwed on a couple of non-calls (the missed face mask penalty and the missed holding call against the Packers).  It was almost enough to make me feel sorry for them…but not quite.

The missed calls did serve as a reminder of the control the referees have in determining the winner of each game in the NFL.  

🦗

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

During yesterday’s Browns-Packers game, I successfully called Baker Mayfield’s first two picks pre-snap…with one of those calls being made during the commercial break.

My family (son, daughter, and daughter-in-law) was freaking out…and telling me to call for a pick on every offensive snap for the Browns (and to pick lottery numbers).  Of course, calling for a pick in every play wouldn’t be realistic…and surely the Browns coaching staff would realize that they should limit Baker’s throws (especially the longer ones)…and keep gashing the Packers on the ground.

I did make three more calls for Baker to throw a pick, and was only correct one of those three times.  For the other two calls, one was a drop of what looked like it should have been an easy interception, and on the other one the Browns actually went with a running play.

Three out of five ain’t bad…but when I was two out of two, I was on 🔥.  A fun evening of watching football.  

I will add that the Browns did get screwed on a couple of non-calls (the missed face mask penalty and the missed holding call against the Packers).  It was almost enough to make me feel sorry for them…but not quite.

The missed calls did serve as a reminder of the control the referees have in determining the winner of each game in the NFL.  

🦗

And the Pack are going to get those calls as long as Aaron Drama Queen is there.

19 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Not sure about that. He was more a check collector up until his FA year. But he is averaging a solid 2.9 yards per this season.

Let's not forget he plays for a shit team on the one hand, and also everyone can have a good day.

His problem here was Marvin wouldn't let him on the field.  As Clapton rightly says, though, when he got his chances it seemed like all he did was make positive plays and definitely always played his ass off.  I can't recall if pass protection was an issue for him, but many of us predicted as soon as he became an FA he'd be signed by the Pats immediately because he fits their M.O. so well, and that's exactly what happened.  He has played well in his role as a third-down receiving back who plays special teams.

37 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Not sure about that. He was more a check collector up until his FA year. But he is averaging a solid 2.9 yards per this season.

Disagree...

Dont think he ever was a check collector.

When called upon he played hard abd performed well.

Go to see the guy have a big day.today.

Anyway who really cares?

We won today to stay in 1st place..

WhoDey...

Archived