Bengals Pro Bowlers

Mixon, Hendrickson, and Chase (as a rookie) are our pro-bowlers.

Chase was voted a starter. 

Alternates are 

Joe Burrow, Clark Harris (I believe his mullet and mustache made first team all pro starter), Sam Hubbard, Larry Ogunjobi, and Mike Hilton.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2021/12/22/cincinnati-bengals-have-three-pro-bowlers-their-roster-running-back-joe-mixon-wide-receiver-jamarr-c/9002767002/

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Not to mention last years as well. 

For sure. And honestly, the DJ Reader signing might be the best one of all as far as FAs. Everything that happens up front on that side of the ball starts with that guy. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Three of the Bengals main 4 DTs will be FAs at the end of the season.  Not sure they will be able to afford both Ogunjobi and Hill.  They will both get significant raises.  Tupou's contract is also up.

Yeah hopefully Tyler Shelvin can step on and do some things next year. Hope we can keep at least one of Ogunjobi or Hill so that Shelvin isnt thrown to the wolves as a starter.

16 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Yeah hopefully Tyler Shelvin can step on and do some things next year. Hope we can keep at least one of Ogunjobi or Hill so that Shelvin isnt thrown to the wolves as a starter.

I would think the Bengals could sign one of those two.  

I’m afraid Shelvin’s lack of

mobility is going to limit his usefulness.  

5 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I would think the Bengals could sign one of those two.  

I’m afraid Shelvin’s lack of

mobility is going to limit his usefulness.  

I think they can as well. 

If all Shelvin is is a solid backup to replace Tupou, as long as they can find a 3rd DT for the rotation I'm fine with that.

34 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think they can as well. 

If all Shelvin is is a solid backup to replace Tupou, as long as they can find a 3rd DT for the rotation I'm fine with that.

Im thinking aall 6'2 350lbs of Shelvin replaces Tupou in the rotation ..

Hill and Ogunjobi are 3techs..

To sign one or both seems imperative.

Lose one and either draft or sign another 3 tech..

Lose both and wheres the interior rush coming from????

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Im thinking aall 6'2 350lbs of Shelvin replaces Tupou in the rotation ..

Hill and Ogunjobi are 3techs..

To sign one or both seems imperative.

Lose one and either draft or sign another 3 tech..

Lose both and wheres the interior rush coming from????

I am of the opinion that Batchie seemed to look as good as he did because our DTs are so good they are making the linebacker jobs easy. 

I agree, keeping one or both is imperative.

Salary cap is going up. I think we get some dead money from geno and others. No reason they can’t sign everyone and build indoor practice facility. 
Tampa bay and Rams figure it out. Zach will probably due to get a big raise too. 

Go fund me page for bengals I guess ?

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-s-salary-cap-expected-to-hit-208m-in-2022

Mike brown has more money than god. He could build it downtown , northern Ky or anywhere this is an nfl franchise make it happen. You say new day prove it. He got a new stadium deal done then hired guy that did deal with him. Betinghouse?  Beat the irs,he can figure out with his smart children, most are lawyers. how to build a in door practice facility if he wanted. He could get the city of cincy to immanent  domain a apartment building downtown and use our tax money. He could probably even get it raised just doing events or corporate sponsorships. 

Just dreaming We have a good group of young and improving team. Let’s hope they can take care of them. Most good players are on rookie deals. sign some road graders up front. Our scouting staff stinks just sign them in free agency. Overpay if you have to. 

53 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Salary cap is going up. I think we get some dead money from geno and others. No reason they can’t sign everyone and build indoor practice facility. 
Tampa bay and Rams figure it out. Zach will probably due to get a big raise too. 

Go fund me page for bengals I guess ?

I believe they could save 11mil on Waynes. With his 16mil salary and 5mil cap hit..

XSF has a 3mil salary and 100k hit.

Vonn Bell has a 7.5 salary and 1mil hit..

Dont want to lose Bell and probably wont with the Cap rising so much..

17 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I believe they could save 11mil on Waynes. With his 16mil salary and 5mil cap hit..

XSF has a 3mil salary and 100k hit.

Vonn Bell has a 7.5 salary and 1mil hit..

Dont want to lose Bell and probably wont with the Cap rising so much..

Take Waynes money and give some of it to Ogunjobi or Hill, or both. I'm on the fence about keeping Reiff.

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Three of the Bengals main 4 DTs will be FAs at the end of the season.  Not sure they will be able to afford both Ogunjobi and Hill.  They will both get significant raises.  Tupou's contract is also up.

We have lots of cap space, we can create more space and the cap is going up. There are no excuses to not re-sign good players. Right now, Shelvin is a nobody, proven nothing so depend on him to be anything but a end of the roster guy next year (could get better over time) would be a mistake. 

Archived