2021 AFC North Playoff Picture (and Real-Time Week 18 Playoff Speculation)

14 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

High ask. Arguably the Chiefs are the best team in the AFC right now and possibly the best in the NFL. We're not at that level yet. We just aren't

We still have a week of Covid weirdness to get through. For all we know Mahomes or Burrow might not be starting Sunday.

I'm still waiting for half of our players to test positive after having to share the field with the diseased carrion eaters.

12 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

We still have a week of Covid weirdness to get through. For all we know Mahomes or Burrow might not be starting Sunday.

I'm still waiting for half of our players to test positive after having to share the field with the diseased carrion eaters.

What's the protocol? 7 days? Will we get Reader back in time?

13 hours ago, membengal said:

No, you should want the browns dead with nothing to play for week 18.

What's worse:

CFT beating pitt and playing the Bengals week 18 for all the marbles 

or pitt beating CFT then the Bengals playing in cleveland with CFT as soilers with nothing to lose?

18 minutes ago, BengalBuck said:

Think that was an FU harbaugh play? 

No. Zac cleared this up in his press conference.  He had asked Joe to stop scrambling.  On that play Joe went to his check down (Mixon), but his check down happened to be 50 yards down field.  😎

17 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I hope it was..

Harbaugh crying his sorry ass off that JB  lightening him up yet he did the same to Denver..

And fuck Winky too..

I’ve had a hard time seeing where Harbaugh was complaining.  Just read an article where they were really reading a lot into “They call their plays, we call out plays.”  Maybe there is something else out there?

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

I’ve had a hard time seeing where Harbaugh was complaining.  Just read an article where they were really reading a lot into “They call their plays, we call out plays.”  Maybe there is something else out there?

The post game hand shake seemed contentious 

Crazy stuff on his accuracy. 70 flipping percent in his second year?!? crazy stuff. The difference between Burrow and guys who have one good year then fizzle out is Burrow is actually getting better as the year goes on. Crazy stuff man! He's second on rating, tied for 1st in accuracy! Last years QB crop was one of the best in a very long time. 

image.thumb.png.a9e491b46d6516f0b7ef80a840b2a17b.png

14 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I think it was the comments to ZT at the after game handshake but whatever.

Wr won they lost..

Swept them..

40 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The post game hand shake seemed contentious 

There you go.  I hadn't seen that.  Frankly, he should be pissed.  No one likes to have the score and stats run up on them.  Then again, it's good for the game.  Rivalries are awesome!!

The articles basing it on Harbaugh's presser are digging hard. 

12 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Believe me I get it, but I am not entirely comfortable with the Browns in week 18. 

screw it ... if the bengals  cant win it , then they dont deserve it. How many years did we back into the playoffs with marvin only to get blown out the 1st playoff game.

i'm not rooting for the stoolers .  if we cant play our way into the playoffs let them stay home. 

( i'd be perfectly happy if the browns and stoolers tie though. ) 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I hope it was..

Harbaugh crying his sorry ass off that JB  lightening him up yet he did the same to Denver..

And fuck Winky too..

i hope it was too.  .  i still remember him having their punting team Blatantly hold and even tackle our players at the end of the game to prevent any possible block or return.   f#ck  him . 

31 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

screw it ... if the bengals  cant win it , then they dont deserve it. How many years did we back into the playoffs with marvin only to get blown out the 1st playoff game.

i'm not rooting for the stoolers .  if we cant play our way into the playoffs let them stay home. 

( i'd be perfectly happy if the browns and stoolers tie though. ) 

Agree on playoffs..

Bengals are 4pt underdogs at home

50pt over under..

I envision JB throwing that one extra TD to secure the win 27-24..

Bengal crowd goes home more than  happy..

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

There you go.  I hadn't seen that.  Frankly, he should be pissed.  No one likes to have the score and stats run up on them.  Then again, it's good for the game.  Rivalries are awesome!!

The articles basing it on Harbaugh's presser are digging hard. 

I dunno...

1) Harbaugh has a history of being a whiney, crybaby, little bitch

2) How many games have we seen in the NFL this year with dramatic come from behind victories?

3) Harbaugh has done similar or worse in the past

4) If we really wanted to run up the score/stats, we would have gone for the TD or at least FG at the end of the game

5) Being a lifetime Bengals fan, I'm tired of being on the other end of these things so I feel more than justified getting some revenge for a change

6) Wink put gas on the fire with his comments regarding Chase/Burrow...if you can't stand the heat, don't fan the flames.

5 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

I dunno...

1) Harbaugh has a history of being a whiney, crybaby, little bitch

2) How many games have we seen in the NFL this year with dramatic come from behind victories?

3) Harbaugh has done similar or worse in the past

4) If we really wanted to run up the score/stats, we would have gone for the TD or at least FG at the end of the game

5) Being a lifetime Bengals fan, I'm tired of being on the other end of these things so I feel more than justified getting some revenge for a change

6) Wink put gas on the fire with his comments regarding Chase/Burrow...if you can't stand the heat, don't fan the flames.

All true..

Not good to challenge Burrow's ability.

He'll make you feel sheepish for it..

On 12/26/2021 at 8:41 PM, membengal said:

I believe we want Pittsburgh to beat Cleveland next week to take Cleveland off the board and then ravens to beat Stealers in last

game and if so we are in even if we don’t win another game assuming ravens lose to rams next week.

or, just beat KC and clinch the damn thing next week.

This is the correct alternate scenario.

If we win one game, we are champs.  If we dont, then we finish 9-8 and are highly unlikely to be a wild card.  Therefore, if we dont win the division we probably stay home.  The only way to win the division at 9-8 is if the other three teams all lose at least once.

If we lose out, CFT beats us in week 18. In this scenario, the only other chance for CFT to lose is in Week 17 to PIT. But if PIT wins that game, they have to lose their other game, which is Week 18 to BAL.  And domino-like, if BAL wins that, they have to lose in week 17 to LAR. Therefore, for the Stripes to have their 2nd path to the division remain open, we want the following to happen this week:

LAR>BAL on Sunday, then PIT>CFT on Monday.  This results in BAL and CFT both being eliminated regardless of our outcome vs KCC.

If this happens, we will have TWO chances in Week 18 to clinch the North: we beat CFT or have BAL eliminate PIT.

The above is moot if we beat KCC, but frankly I would prefer to have another option available to us if we don't.  And I refuse to call this us "backing in"... we swept the two bullies in the North, are standing alone in first on New Years, and have earned the right to have multiple paths to glory.

Bottom line - this weekend we want Rams and Stealers to win.

Archived