Bengals v Ratbirds Game Day Thread

12 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Bengals are the first team in NFL history with 2 players under 23 years old to get 1000 yards receiving 

I also saw a stat that Joe now has the record for most pass yards (900) against one team in one season.  This beating a record shared by Joe Montana and Dan Marino.

32 minutes ago, indianacane02 said:

Out of all the positions on the Ravens roster, their secondary has been decimated. It was already one of their weakest spots before the season started and today was just laughable with the guys they had out there. Joey B should've had 500 yards passing. The blitzing and pressure did work, a little, but it wasn't going to overcome their horrid back 7.  

The most concerning part of today was the defense allowing 3 TD's. Obvious holes in our back 7 too.  We cannot outscore teams in the playoffs because front 7's will just pin their ears back and go after our weak OL.  

😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, indianacane02 said:

Out of all the positions on the Ravens roster, their secondary has been decimated. It was already one of their weakest spots before the season started and today was just laughable with the guys they had out there. Joey B should've had 500 yards passing. The blitzing and pressure did work, a little, but it wasn't going to overcome their horrid back 7.  

The most concerning part of today was the defense allowing 3 TD's. Obvious holes in our back 7 too.  We cannot outscore teams in the playoffs because front 7's will just pin their ears back and go after our weak OL.  

When someone writes up these things as excuses, I had to go look up what you stated.  Only one player of their DBs was out before the season and that was Peters.  He was a big asset, other than him nobody was missing when we first played them and Burrow burnt them that game too.  Not as many yards, but still, he had 3 TD passes.  Now since that game, they lost two other players in Humphrey and Elliott. Elliott is not that good anyways and is injury prone.  I think he was out two or three seasons and was barely playing 6 games a season.  Other than those three.  They have not lost anyone.  We have probably had the same amount of players out of our DBs too for a time period.  Who are their other DBs you speak of that are out? 

15 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

When someone writes up these things as excuses, I had to go look up what you stated.  Only one player of their DBs was out before the season and that was Peters.  He was a big asset, other than him nobody was missing when we first played them and Burrow burnt them that game too.  Not as many yards, but still, he had 3 TD passes.  Now since that game, they lost two other players in Humphrey and Elliott. Elliott is not that good anyways and is injury prone.  I think he was out two or three seasons and was barely playing 6 games a season.  Other than those three.  They have not lost anyone.  We have probably had the same amount of players out of our DBs too for a time period.  Who are their other DBs you speak of that are out? 

"Other than those 3. . . . ."

Take out our top 3 of our better DB's and who do we have?

31 minutes ago, indianacane02 said:

"Other than those 3. . . . ."

Take out our top 3 of our better DB's and who do we have?

Like I said, Peters was out before the season even started.  They were winning games with their other players.  They were really only down one and I believe another just a couple of weeks ago.  So really just two. I don’t see your point.  Plus, the rosters were expanded due to COVID.  We had many defenders out. They draft and get FAs just like anyone else.  Next man up.  

3 hours ago, indianacane02 said:

Uhh, correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Borrow have 525 yards passing?  Asking for a friend. 

7 hours ago, indianacane02 said:

he ….did ….. throw for 500 yards………. You know 525 yards. 2 yards shy of the nfl history record (since color photos and face masks existed anyway). 

more than manning ever threw for

more than Brady ever threw for

more than arod ever threw for

this is some weird shit. 

and to complain about giving up 3 scores to a team with a great te and vet qb missing multiple key starters on defense as well. 

not decimated by any means but a whole gang of teams at full steam can’t stop Andrews. 

4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Don’t let stat facts get in the way of a full grown crybabying. 

It's not crybabying. Why would I be crying? I'm rooting for him. It's called objectivity over homerism. 525 is a shit ton, but you have to factor in that he was up against 2nd and third stringers. Most people on here would if it was an opposing QB against us if our defense was depleted. 

17 minutes ago, Hooky said:

It's not crybabying. Why would I be crying? I'm rooting for him. It's called objectivity over homerism. 525 is a shit ton, but you have to factor in that he was up against 2nd and third stringers. Most people on here would if it was an opposing QB against us if our defense was depleted. 

I'll give you a pass on Herbert but I don't know how objective the idea of saying Andy Dalton was better really is, that comes off more as a hater on Burrow than it is objective. 

1 minute ago, VonBlade said:

Burrow > 2005 Carson.

I was totally onboard the Sewell train too, but Chase is otherworldy good.

Serious Q, what was the last team with 3 #1 WRs on it? Chase, Higgins, Boyd are absolute monsters. Sure other teams had Moss, or Rice and Taylor, but three?

I am the biggest Carson homer and find the whining about him leaving with the "Quitter" stuff stupid

But I 100% agree, Joe is better than Carson

6 minutes ago, VonBlade said:

Burrow > 2005 Carson.

I was totally onboard the Sewell train too, but Chase is otherworldy good.

Serious Q, what was the last team with 3 #1 WRs on it? Chase, Higgins, Boyd are absolute monsters. Sure other teams had Moss, or Rice and Taylor, but three?

I don't know that I would call Boyd a #1, and I have been a Boyd fan since I called us drafting him in the 2nd round of the draft when we did. Maybe the best #2 in the league, and very likely the best slot WR in the league but....

The Rams, with Issac Bruce, Tory Holt, and Az-Zahir Hakim. 

Archived