Bengals v Ratbirds Game Day Thread

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

he ….did ….. throw for 500 yards………. You know 525 yards. 2 yards shy of the nfl history record (since color photos and face masks existed anyway). 

more than manning ever threw for

more than Brady ever threw for

more than arod ever threw for

this is some weird shit. 

and to complain about giving up 3 scores to a team with a great te and vet qb missing multiple key starters on defense as well. 

not decimated by any means but a whole gang of teams at full steam can’t stop Andrews. 

And correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Joe B put up 409 yards up on them when they were healthy?  41-17 I believe at their house. 

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

he ….did ….. throw for 500 yards………. You know 525 yards. 2 yards shy of the nfl history record (since color photos and face masks existed anyway). 

more than manning ever threw for

more than Brady ever threw for

more than arod ever threw for

this is some weird shit. 

and to complain about giving up 3 scores to a team with a great te and vet qb missing multiple key starters on defense as well. 

not decimated by any means but a whole gang of teams at full steam can’t stop Andrews. 

We're not playing a team this weak in the playoffs. That's why some of us are pumping the brakes on things. It's really not that hard to understand. 

20 minutes ago, indianacane02 said:

We're not playing a team this weak in the playoffs. That's why some of us are pumping the brakes on things. It's really not that hard to understand. 

As of right now the Ravens are the #7 seed. 

Now I don't think they remain there, but that's what the NFL is this year, every team in it has lost to a team they we're not supposed to lose to, so they very well might.

So depending on the day, why can't we be the team to win it?

From a Tom Zister on Cincy Jungle Facebook page (last sentence is pure gold):

“Last season... Wink cried b/c the Bengals didn’t lose the way he wanted (kicked a FG to avoid the shutout).

This week... Wink claimed the QB who put up 400 yards, 3 TD against him in October isn’t that good. So Burrow quietly outshined those numbers by 100+ yards and a TD.

Today, Harbaugh cried that Bengals didn’t win the way he wanted.

Looks like the Bengals got bored with nothing to do in Cincinnati and found some living space in the heads of the Ravens.“

30 minutes ago, Cricket said:

From a Tom Zister on Cincy Jungle Facebook page (last sentence is pure gold):

“Last season... Wink cried b/c the Bengals didn’t lose the way he wanted (kicked a FG to avoid the shutout).

This week... Wink claimed the QB who put up 400 yards, 3 TD against him in October isn’t that good. So Burrow quietly outshined those numbers by 100+ yards and a TD.

Today, Harbaugh cried that Bengals didn’t win the way he wanted.

Looks like the Bengals got bored with nothing to do in Cincinnati and found some living space in the heads of the Ravens.“

Bob Papa on Srius radio this morning - "the Ravens can just shut up. They do a lot of chirping so the Bengals beat them down"

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The Rams, with Issac Bruce, Tory Holt, and Az-Zahir Hakim. 

Yeah that's a good comparison.
I also agree about Boyd. He's Housh. Amazing, just needs other, better, WRs pulling coverage away to really show his stuff. 2 1/2 WRs is still alright by me.

8 minutes ago, VonBlade said:

Yeah that's a good comparison.
I also agree about Boyd. He's Housh. Amazing, just needs other, better, WRs pulling coverage away to really show his stuff. 2 1/2 WRs is still alright by me.

Last time a team had 3 WRs with 1000 yards was the 2008 Cardinals. It's only been done 5 times in NFL history. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_1,000-yard_receiving_trios#1,000_yard_receiving_trios

Go get yours Tyler Boyd.

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Lack of "Bad" and "Ugly"?

Oh... I got one... the Bengals uniforms although I

must admit, they grew on me as the day went on.

Damn right about those unis Harry..

I wish that all would have worn the orange shoes like Mixon..

Schnazzy...😎

Ja'Marr is amazing at times after the catch...has the instincts to make the right moves...he's not scared...he's very shifty and deceptive in ability to change speeds and avoid/break tackles.  Very exciting player and I also do feel like he can take it to the house at any time.

17 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

“This is the NFL,” Burrow told PFT. “This isn’t peewee, this isn’t high school where you go out and run up the score. You play until the final whistle. I don’t care what the score is. We’ve been in spots where teams go out and do that to us. They did it to us last year. No sympathy from me.”

That is horse shit. He all but admitted that he was trying to run up his stats. And he risked injury to do it. He handed off  the ball once in the 2nd half and that was on the first drive. I can't believe that people aren't more critical of whomever's decision it was to throw every down up 20 points with 8 minutes left. Throwing down field up 20 points with 2 minutes left to get the record because he wanted to make sure the rats didn't come back?  That makes sense. He has said a lot of stupid shit this season, but he's just a kid. Anybody on here being objective should feel the same way about the strategy. The same people that were clamoring all off season about protecting Burrow should be critical of putting him at risk just to get a record. It's not personal. Just common sense.

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

That is horse shit. He all but admitted that he was trying to run up his stats. And he risked injury to do it. He handed off  the ball once in the 2nd half and that was on the first drive. I can't believe that people aren't more critical of whomever's decision it was to throw every down up 20 points with 8 minutes left. Throwing down field up 20 points with 2 minutes left to get the record because he wanted to make sure the rats didn't come back?  That makes sense. He has said a lot of stupid shit this season, but he's just a kid. Anybody on here being objective should feel the same way about the strategy. The same people that were clamoring all off season about protecting Burrow should be critical of putting him at risk just to get a record. It's not personal. Just common sense.

lol, objective, that is something you are not

Harbaugh himself has done this just this year to Denver 

22 hours ago, SF2 said:

And correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Joe B put up 409 yards up on them when they were healthy?  41-17 I believe at their house. 

That was a great game for him and if they used the same strategy on Sunday as they did in that game, his stats would've been about the same. They were up 17 points with 9 minutes left and never threw the ball again. In fact they took Burrow out. They were smart and protected him. Unlike Sunday.

14 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Show me that post.

Not sure if I posted it or not. But I was. I am always critical of decisions just to pad stats. Do you really think that I'm defending Harbaugh? Again, I am critical of them putting Burrow at risk to pad stats. I could give two shits if our backups scored 3 TDs in the last 2 minutes, but I would prefer whatever gets the game over quicker to preserve our health.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

By the way most people still love that time Sam Wyche would run up the scores on Glanville. 

I was in attendance at that drubbing. I couldn’t help thinking at the time: “I wouldn’t want to face the Oilers again in the playoffs after this”

OK, the Bengals beat them in the 1990 Playoffs 41-14. Ironically, the last playoff win. 

Archived