Bengals v Ratbirds Game Day Thread

18 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

While we're at it we can chant "Poo-poo face" at Jim Harbaugh since we're being dumb ass 8 year olds about it. I know it's all the rage for the Konservative Kool Kids, or it was 6 months ago, but to the other 90% of us, it's a phrase said by idiots pretending they're mean girls in Middle School.

Guess I should have gone full ninja :ninja: or at least I thought the ninja icon was to suggest sarcasm? My bad if not? Oh well, so much for posting anything suggesting that I may have conservative leanings and upsetting those that may have alternate views and resort to "name calling" to express such? 

Admins, didn't intend to start a bonfire, please remove my posts on this subject, if and when you have time. If I was smart enough to do it myself, I would.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, MOC said:

Guess I should have gone full ninja :ninja: or at least I thought the ninja icon was to suggest sarcasm? My bad if not? Oh well, so much for posting anything suggesting that I may have conservative leanings and upsetting those that may have alternate views and resort to "name calling" to express such? 

Admins, didn't intend to start a bonfire, please remove my posts on this subject, if and when you have time. If I was smart enough to do it myself, I would.

Thanks

1. Put it in the politics forum

2. "Let's go Brandon" is kinda sorta name calling itself isnt it? (Not that I think public officials are beyond reproach, but I'm also not a middle school kid)

7 minutes ago, MOC said:

Thanks

Awwww.... I didn't mean to hurt your fee-fees. My apologies.

Fuck Joe Biden. If that's what you want to say, say it. Fuck Joe Biden. I don't love the guy. I'm a 50 year old white ex-military dude living in rural Virginia. Hardly a leftie.

A) It doesn't belong here.

B) It's not funny. You're late to the party. That joke has already been run into the ground.

C) Being a Bengals fan has been embarrassing enough. Last thing we need is something like that when I can finally enjoy my team. Not because of any greater political stance, but because it's childish and stupid. To quote the great Sam Wyche, "You don't live in Cleveland." My reaction was more "Jesus, that's JUST what we need to see on ESPN..." 

Just now, Jamie_B said:

1. Put it in the politics forum

2. "Let's go Brandon" is kinda sorta name calling itself isnt it? (Not that I think public officials are beyond reproach, but I'm also not a middle school kid)

But not "name calling" a fellow poster and fan. Like I said, really was just a lame attempt at humor, based solely on Allen's first name, no more posting from me on this subject. 

Later dudes :049: MOC out!

8 minutes ago, MOC said:

But not "name calling" a fellow poster and fan. Like I said, really was just a lame attempt at humor, based solely on Allen's first name, no more posting from me on this subject. 

I guess I don't think "Let's Go Brandon" is all that funny. And I'm not even really a big fan of "Brandon"

8 minutes ago, MOC said:

When exactly did I "name call" you?

FYI, "half ninja" means you're half joking. Not full on joking. Like "I'm joking, but really not." Like asking your wife for a threesome half ninja. I'm joking unless you're into it.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Awwww.... I didn't mean to hurt your fee-fees. My apologies.

Fuck Joe Biden. If that's what you want to say, say it. Fuck Joe Biden. I don't love the guy. I'm a 50 year old white ex-military dude living in rural Virginia. Hardly a leftie.

A) It doesn't belong here.

B) It's not funny. You're late to the party. That joke has already been run into the ground.

C) Being a Bengals fan has been embarrassing enough. Last thing we need is something like that when I can finally enjoy my team. Not because of any greater political stance, but because it's childish and stupid. To quote the great Sam Wyche, "You don't live in Cleveland." My reaction was more "Jesus, that's JUST what we need to see on ESPN..." 

I agree, it was childish and stupid, and like I said, was a poor attempt at humor, just typed and to be read in this forum. But for me to call myself childish and stupid is different from you suggesting that I am and you have absolutely no clue as to the type of person I am? I really wouldn't have done it at the stadium if they had put Allen in. And I was at the "You don't live in Cleveland" game and was yelling at people to stop acting like assholes before Sam grabbed the field microphone. So don't talk down to me about being an embarrassed Bengal fan, been there done that, have the emotional scars to prove it. Been a fan since '68, when I lived in Cincy (born '54 and raised), moved to Columbus in '74 and traveled to almost every home game since, leaving Columbus usually at 6:30 in the morning to tailgate with the many amazing friends I have made over those years. Oh, and thank you for your service!

11 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

When exactly did I "name call" you?

FYI, "half ninja" means you're half joking. Not full on joking. Like "I'm joking, but really not." Like asking your wife for a threesome half ninja. I'm joking unless you're into it.

"idiots pretending they're Mean Girls in Middle School" but that's okay, I really don't give a shit any more. So, we done now? Actually I am, so have a good rest of your day.

2 minutes ago, MOC said:

I agree, it was childish and stupid, and like I said, was a poor attempt at humor, just typed and to be read in this forum. But for me to call myself childish and stupid is different from you suggesting that I am and you have absolutely no clue as to the type of person I am? I really wouldn't have done it at the stadium if they had put Allen in. And I was at the "You don't live in Cleveland" game and was yelling at people to stop acting like assholes before Sam grabbed the field microphone. So don't talk down to me about being an embarrassed Bengal fan, been there done that, have the emotional scars to prove it. Been a fan since '68, when I lived in Cincy (born '54 and raised), moved to Columbus in '74 and traveled to almost every home game since, leaving Columbus usually at 6:30 in the morning to tailgate with the many amazing friends I have made over those years. Oh, and thank you for your service!

Well, I was calling the type of people who would chant that at the stadium dumbass 8 year olds. And idiots. And embarrassing. If you're not that type of person, then none of those insults were directed at you, yes? If you are that type of person, then those really are less insults and more opinions. Santa tracker guy? Embarrassing idiot who couldn't show the class his child did. I'm not saying that to insult him, that is my opinion of him.

I never implied anything about the "type of person" you were - you assumed I didn't like your post because of politics rather than basic class and decorum. I reacted to someone who "half ninja" thought it would be a good idea to embarrass the city of Cincy and the Bengals fanbase. I'd much rather watch ESPN talk about Joe Burrow's 525 yards than hear CNN talk about how Bengals fans are morons.

3 minutes ago, MOC said:

"idiots pretending they're Mean Girls in Middle School" but that's okay, I really don't give a shit any more. So, we done now? Actually I am, so have a good rest of your day.

"a phrase said by idiots pretending they're mean girls in Middle School."

Only applies to you if you're the guy who says the phrase...

1 hour ago, MOC said:

Later MOC..

Too bad..most of what you post is interesting..

This isnt exactly a board for "my feelings are hurt"..

Post again soon..

19 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Riiiight, we should just keep Burrow on the sidelines until the 4th quarter. I mean, why take the chance that he'll be injured in a tie game? In fact, we should always pull Burrow if we're leading by more than one score. Just to be safe. I'd say we should run the ball, but can't get Joe Mixon hurt...

You can't put these guys in bubble wrap. There's ~600 plays in a NFL season. If Joe stays out for an extra 10 plays... That's a 0.06% increase in his chance of injury. IMHO, the mental aspect and trust from the coaching staff is worth more than that.

Now you're just being ridiculously extreme. Too ridiculous to respond to.

18 hours ago, Cricket said:

I don’t get all of the vitriol in the exchanges in this thread.  Hooky is right: Keeping Joe B in the game at the end and having him dropping into the pocket to throw instead of just handing off, INCREASES HIS CHANCES of sustaining an injury…one that could be nagging, one that could knock him out for a game or two, or one that could end his career.  I see this as a fact…and I was one of those calling for him to come out of the game.  The fact that he didn’t get hurt does not mean that the probability of him getting hurt weren’t higher.

[Instead of just not putting him in for the next series, let him hand off on first down, and then send in Allen so that the fans could show him their appreciation.]

That would have been a good time to work on our running game…especially the blocking.  

With that said, however, as Kirk Herbstreet or Herb Kirkstreet pointed out, Joe B is wired differently.  

Zac is having to navigate those waters.  We’ve been calling for Zac to give more control to QB1…and this may be some of the fallout from that actually happening (Hie doesn’t want to come out.) and/or Zac doing what Zac thinks will keep Joe razor sharp for upcoming games.  :shrug:  

Tough call…

…and it is something that we should be able to discuss intelligently, without attacking each other.

🦗

Thanks. As I said before, they had the same scenario as they did in the game at Baltimore and they did the right thing and ran the ball and ate up the clock and took Burrow out and it worked fine. I guess the only difference is that the Baltimore DC made a comment that Burrow got butt hurt over so he felt the need to risk life and limb in a game that was way out of reach. He has a long way to go in the maturity department, but he's just a kid.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Now you're just being ridiculously extreme. Too ridiculous to respond to.

It's almost like I lack context.

"Ridiculously extreme". Hmmm. That description could only possibly work one direction, right? Like demanding that Burrow be taken out for a few plays because he's made of paper mache.

In one thread posters are attacking Lou for letting the game be so "close" in the 4th quarter. In here, it's "How dare they let Burrow throw in a blow out?". "Ridiculously extreme" indeed. It's MAYBE 10 extra plays in a season where Burrow has already thrown 480 times. Do the math. The increase in risk is infinitesimal. Sure, he could get injured on any one play... But now we're back in the extreme argument you're so disdainful of. Should we take him out in the first quarter if were leading by three TD's? What's the line? Is Joe Burrow the only guy worth protecting? I would have rather rested a gimpy Mixon if we're going there.

Going into the playoff stretch, I think it was much bigger to show faith in Burrow and the offense than it was to turtle up and say "Joe, I don't trust your knee or this offensive line." If Joe got into measuring his dick against Harbaugh... Good. We need some big dick energy going into KC.

You're exaggerating the risk and making it out to be "the worst decision in football" when it just isn't.

46 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

It's almost like I lack context.

"Ridiculously extreme". Hmmm. That description could only possibly work one direction, right? Like demanding that Burrow be taken out for a few plays because he's made of paper mache.

In one thread posters are attacking Lou for letting the game be so "close" in the 4th quarter. In here, it's "How dare they let Burrow throw in a blow out?". "Ridiculously extreme" indeed. It's MAYBE 10 extra plays in a season where Burrow has already thrown 480 times. Do the math. The increase in risk is infinitesimal. Sure, he could get injured on any one play... But now we're back in the extreme argument you're so disdainful of. Should we take him out in the first quarter if were leading by three TD's? What's the line? Is Joe Burrow the only guy worth protecting? I would have rather rested a gimpy Mixon if we're going there.

Going into the playoff stretch, I think it was much bigger to show faith in Burrow and the offense than it was to turtle up and say "Joe, I don't trust your knee or this offensive line." If Joe got into measuring his dick against Harbaugh... Good. We need some big dick energy going into KC.

You're exaggerating the risk and making it out to be "the worst decision in football" when it just isn't.

applause

On 12/28/2021 at 6:57 AM, Hooky said:

That is horse shit. He all but admitted that he was trying to run up his stats. And he risked injury to do it. He handed off  the ball once in the 2nd half and that was on the first drive. I can't believe that people aren't more critical of whomever's decision it was to throw every down up 20 points with 8 minutes left. Throwing down field up 20 points with 2 minutes left to get the record because he wanted to make sure the rats didn't come back?  That makes sense. He has said a lot of stupid shit this season, but he's just a kid. Anybody on here being objective should feel the same way about the strategy. The same people that were clamoring all off season about protecting Burrow should be critical of putting him at risk just to get a record. It's not personal. Just common sense.

Damn bro, you must have got a Drum of Hateraide for Christmas!!  🤣🤣

On 12/28/2021 at 9:44 AM, UncleEarl said:

You should be concerned.  Burrow isn't going to be able to do that shit all the time.  He will get hurt eventually.  This line blows and the Bengals did very little to improve it in the offseason.  Imagine how good they could be with just an average OL?

It's a Got Damn Man's Game!!  If folks played like y'all think we could put all their asses in skirts.  GTFOH!

19 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Later MOC..

Too bad..most of what you post is interesting..

This isnt exactly a board for "my feelings are hurt"..

Post again soon..

Thanks clapton, I'm not leaving the board, just signing out of this particular circle jerk :kumbaya:

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

…"Ridiculously extreme" indeed. It's MAYBE 10 extra plays in a season where Burrow has already thrown 480 times. Do the math. The increase in risk is infinitesimal.

Over 2% is infinitesimal?

Good teams pull their stud QB with big leads late in the game.  It happens and it is sound strategy.  

It not only reduces the risk of losing that stud QB to an injury, but it also gives what may end up being valuable playing time to the backup in case he needs to step in when, say, a pinky finger is dislocated…and it could increase the trade value for that backup QB (more draft picks to shore up the offensive line???).  

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Lol some of you guys are something else. I’ve never seen so much hand-wringing over such a non issue before. It’s almost embarrassing. 

Do you believe it would be a non-issue if Joe B. incurred a significant injury during those last few plays?  

Archived