The Lou Anarumo appreciation thread

10 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

To be the man, you have to beat the man.  Right now Mahomes is the man.

We’ll see on Sunday. 

A8F4B871-31E3-4739-8814-2FA71F94E66A.webp

No...

Tom Brady is the man.

Still the defending SB champ no ?

Mahomes had the chance to dethrone

him ..

He didnt...

Brady is still the 2nd best QB in the league this year..

Only JB ranks ahead of him..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

No...

Tom Brady is the man.

Still the defending SB champ no ?

Mahomes had the chance to dethrone

him ..

He didnt...

Brady is still the 2nd best QB in the league this year..

Only JB ranks ahead of him..

Yes, Brady is the man, but Mahomes is the man in the AFC.  Super Bowl ring and got there last year.  Love Burrow, but he has to beat him to make those claims. 

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, well, Joe Burrow is the man in the AFC North, in temperatures below 45 degrees and a southeasterly wind. If Mahomes wants to be the man, he has to beat the man. (In the AFC North in temper....)

Yes, Lou will have a tough task ahead of him. As would anyone. It's weird to me... You're like "He hasn't proven anything over 15 games. If he can't shut down the best offense in the NFL, he's nothing! Nothing I say! If he's such a great coach, how come Markus Bailey can't cover a Pro-Bowl TE? Hmmmm?? Thought so."

The '85 Bears still gave up points. Ray Lewis' Ravens didn't go undefeated. And hell, I'm just giving a shout out for righting the damn ship and playing "good" defense. I'm not asking to tear down the statue of Dick LeBeau yet.

I didn’t say anything like that.  We’ll see what happens, but the Chiefs are the favorite for a reason.  Love to see a statement game by Burrow, Anarumo, and the rest of the Bengals, but they have to do it first. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I didn’t say anything like that.  We’ll see what happens, but the Chiefs are the favorite for a reason.  Love to see a statement game by Burrow, Anarumo, and the rest of the Bengals, but they have to do it first. 

The reason may be their OL is better than ours..

Hubbard and Co have to come up big..

My moniker comes from Kingspoint Academy where Lou was Coach on Long Island.  My brother was a graduate from there.  He had Nuclear Engineering and Mechanical Engineering degrees along with obtaining the skills to be a Navigator of oil tankers.  Throughout the history of the Merchant Marines (going back for centuries and even milleniums), merchant marines were the best choices for espionage as they had reasons to be in foreign ports while having knowledge of local customs and languages.

I didn't say why I supported Lou from the beginning as I knew he was inexperienced and it would take a few years for the results to show up, but I was adamant when I first spoke of him that his players would respect him and that they would play hard for him, and that he was a good teacher.  If you ever get a moment to look at the resume's of those who have taught at the U. S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kingspoint, you'll see that the teachers are the very best at what they do from experience gleaned throughout the world.  They make any teachers at Harvard, Stanford, Cambridge or Oxford look like idiots.  Like the U. S. Naval Academy, it takes a Senator's recommendation just to apply for admission.  50% of all Freshman (and these are the very best and brightest academicians and physical specimens (bad teeth will get you denied) each State has to offer) don't make it after a lifetime of preparing to get there.  Average sleeptime for a freshman is about 3 hours per night...for the entire year (there's no such thing as "Summer Vacation").

Kingspoint would not have ever hired Lou had he not already been able to be amongst the World's best instructors for these exceptional young men and women.  He is the anti-Marvin Lewis.  He's Mike Zimmer, but with intelligence, patience and wisdom.

Anyway, I came here tonight to congratulate Bengals' fans for joys of today's experience, especially, Le Tigre, spicoli and quite a few others who have gone through the last 53 years' ups and downs.  As Burrow said, "This is fun".  Two Centuries ago Cincinnati was the Capital of the NW Territory and the Nation's 4th largest City.  Perhaps soon it will be the Defending Super Bowl Champions. 

Who Dey!

8 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

My moniker comes from Kingspoint Academy where Lou was Coach on Long Island.  My brother was a graduate from there.  He had Nuclear Engineering and Mechanical Engineering degrees along with obtaining the skills to be a Navigator of oil tankers.  Throughout the history of the Merchant Marines (going back for centuries and even milleniums), merchant marines were the best choices for espionage as they had reasons to be in foreign ports while having knowledge of local customs and languages.

I didn't say why I supported Lou from the beginning as I knew he was inexperienced and it would take a few years for the results to show up, but I was adamant when I first spoke of him that his players would respect him and that they would play hard for him, and that he was a good teacher.  If you ever get a moment to look at the resume's of those who have taught at the U. S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kingspoint, you'll see that the teachers are the very best at what they do from experience gleaned throughout the world.  They make any teachers at Harvard, Stanford, Cambridge or Oxford look like idiots.  Like the U. S. Naval Academy, it takes a Senator's recommendation just to apply for admission.  50% of all Freshman (and these are the very best and brightest academicians and physical specimens (bad teeth will get you denied) each State has to offer) don't make it after a lifetime of preparing to get there.  Average sleeptime for a freshman is about 3 hours per night...for the entire year (there's no such thing as "Summer Vacation").

Kingspoint would not have ever hired Lou had he not already been able to be amongst the World's best instructors for these exceptional young men and women.  He is the anti-Marvin Lewis.  He's Mike Zimmer, but with intelligence, patience and wisdom.

Anyway, I came here tonight to congratulate Bengals' fans for joys of today's experience, especially, Le Tigre, spicoli and quite a few others who have gone through the last 53 years' ups and downs.  As Burrow said, "This is fun".  Two Centuries ago Cincinnati was the Capital of the NW Territory and the Nation's 4th largest City.  Perhaps soon it will be the Defending Super Bowl Champions. 

Who Dey!

Peace and congratulations to you as well, my Oregon friend. 

8 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

Who Dey!

Nice post.

Here is a population density map from 1821…captured from a “time-lapse” video at the link below. 

[If you have done any genealogical research, it can be very interesting to see the population density at key points in your family history.]

19682794-C567-4703-80C8-B8348F0F3C85.jpeg.2abb49989ff632117b172702b3cdd4a3.jpeg

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/visualizing-200-years-of-u-s-population-density/ 

44 minutes ago, Griever said:

That was a good call and to my memory, it was the only zero blitz we did yesterday. Notice how Joe B continues to not only handle, but excel when faced with a zero blitz and here, the class of QBs has big time trouble and has to throw it away. Just another reason to appreciate what Joe does. The QB position is more about smarts and quick thinking than arm strength

So where are all the “clueless Lou” people at that did nothing but complain about him being brought back in the off-season? 

Wonder how that heaping spoonful of crow is tasting right about now?

Franks and Tony C’s my friends, choke it down. 

Archived