The Lou Anarumo appreciation thread

11 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So where are all the “clueless Lou” people at that did nothing but cry and whine about him being brought back in the off-season? 

Wonder how that heaping spoonful of crow is tasting right about now?

Franks and Tony C’s my friends, choke it down. 

Shit I would have been ok moving on. 

He's proven me wrong.

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So where are all the “clueless Lou” people at that did nothing but cry and whine about him being brought back in the off-season? 

I was ready to move on. I mea culpa'd on that back after Ravens game 1. LouA has been way better with this D than I ever could have hoped. Another hat tip to Zac Taylor, frankly, for taking the road less travelled and sticking with him.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I was ready to move on. I mea culpa'd on that back after Ravens game 1. LouA has been way better with this D than I ever could have hoped. Another hat tip to Zac Taylor, frankly, for taking the road less travelled and sticking with him.

I think I said something to the effect that it was sink or swim for Anarumo this season after the Bengals spent all that money on D.  Well, he swam.  He did good work and hopefully he is rewarded by the family.

It also goes to show you that these guys aren't miracle workers.  They can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  You have to have the players.  This brings us to Frank Pollack.  He's got chicken shit.  I've got no issue with him.  He needs some studs just like Anarumo did.  Reader, Hendrickson, and Awuzie are studs. While I still have high hopes for this season, to be as good as they can be they have to hav much better personnel on the OL. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

So where are all the “clueless Lou” people at that did nothing but complain about him being brought back in the off-season? 

Well, paitence with coaches works about 1 in 20 times. Mikey beat the odds this time but lets not forget he failed on this matter too many times to count. 

The league the way it is now one thing seems clear - it is hard to judge any OC who has no valid QB and hard to judge any DC who has no quality players. Even Zimmer's and Belicheck's abilities to use marginal players effectively seems impossible these days. The Chris Crockers of the world would be so exposed by today's offenses. 

Need good player and good coaches. 

Honestly, I was pretty much lukewarm on Lou coming into the season, but I was willing to give him a pass for what happened last year when he was trying to coach with no DT's and a bunch of corners that couldn't have cared less. Amazing how well the scheme works when you have the right group of guys to run it, huh? 🤪

• 5 months later...
On 1/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, spicoli said:

So where are all the “clueless Lou” people at that did nothing but complain about him being brought back in the off-season? 

i was probably in this boat, i was hoping to move on, i guess it goes to show that if you have bad players it doesnt matter who the OC/DC is. 

4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i was probably in this boat, i was hoping to move on, i guess it goes to show that if you have bad players it doesnt matter who the OC/DC is. 

5.5 months later lol….well done, good sir 👊

My fear is that Lou will get hired away as a head coach after this upcoming season, when the Bengals D is top 5. 

Our best chance at keeping him might be that his old school hard nose demeanor is now frowned upon mostly, as teams want relatable "player coaches" to be the face of their organization. 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Gonna say something that is going to sting. 

Lous has been mostly great, but I'm still bothered that once OBJ went down in the SB, why Cupp was left on an Island with Apple. 

Apple seems like one of those high-effort, try hard guys that coaches fall in love with despite the fact that they're not actually all that good.  Taylor-Britt should be pushing for that CB2 spot early.

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Apple seems like one of those high-effort, try hard guys that coaches fall in love with despite the fact that they're not actually all that good.  Taylor-Britt should be pushing for that CB2 spot early.

Apple was an excellent pickup last year. I realize you can't double everyone, but no CB should be left on an island with Kupp.

54 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

24 minutes ago, dex said:

Apple was an excellent pickup last year. I realize you can't double everyone, but no CB should be left on an island with Kupp.

Apple played pretty well in the 2nd half of the season and was almost lights out against KC in the playoffs. He could slip back to 1st half Apple in which CTB might fight him for the spot but if he plays like 2nd half apple, he is the startyer. Dex is right don't leave the best WR in football that year on an island, especially when their #2 WR goes down.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:18 AM, Jamie_B said:

Gonna say something that is going to sting. 

Lous has been mostly great, but I'm still bothered that once OBJ went down in the SB, why Cupp was left on an Island with Apple. 

There is a reason they say hindsight is 20-20. Every team except the winning team has a list of 'woulda, coulda, shoulda'. 

We went further than all expectations last year, we simp[ly have to be satidfied witht hat. Given the state of the OL we almost had no right to get that far. We were one paly away from essentially losing the first playoff game let alone the SB. 

Expectations will now be for a SB until JB retires. 

7 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

There is a reason they say hindsight is 20-20. Every team except the winning team has a list of 'woulda, coulda, shoulda'. 

We went further than all expectations last year, we simp[ly have to be satidfied witht hat. Given the state of the OL we almost had no right to get that far. We were one paly away from essentially losing the first playoff game let alone the SB. 

Expectations will now be for a SB until JB retires. 

Sure but it seems like kind of an obvious thing that when OBJ goes down it means lesser talent at the #2 spot which could have meant that you could double or triple Cupp and leave their #2 on an island 

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Sure but it seems like kind of an obvious thing that when OBJ goes down it means lesser talent at the #2 spot which could have meant that you could double or triple Cupp and leave their #2 on an island 

If you were a pope you'd be Pope Bonerface...er, Boniface.

Archived