2021 Week 17 Chiefs at Bengals Game Thread

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, I'll hold off on calling Spagnulo a decent DC until he stops giving up 250+ yards to rookie WR's.

Yeah not sure what part of his brain needed to wake up and realize single covering Chase was not working.  

Let's just be happy that other teams have this problem with our WR crew.

Just now, LostInDaJungle said:

Well, I'll hold off on calling Spagnulo a decent DC until he stops giving up 250+ yards to rookie WR's.

Exactly!  The only reason the Bengals were in the game at halftime was Jamarr Chase.  Still kept coming with single coverage.  Dumb.  

Chase has the most Rec yards for any Bengals. The first rookie to top 250. Only the 7th receiver in history to go for 10 catches, 250 yards, and 3tds.

Does anyone know where we can see a breakdown of how many of those yards were in the air? I swear, half of the were RAC yards. Dude is a mf'in beast. Catches like Steve Smith, runs like Jim Brown. The number of times he gets 5-6 extra yards just pulling a guy down the sidelines is insane.

6 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Chase has the most Rec yards for any Bengals. The first rookie to top 250. Only the 7th receiver in history to go for 10 catches, 250 yards, and 3tds.

Does anyone know where we can see a breakdown of how many of those yards were in the air? I swear, half of the were RAC yards. Dude is a mf'in beast. Catches like Steve Smith, runs like Jim Brown. The number of times he gets 5-6 extra yards just pulling a guy down the sidelines is insane.

Yeah, his yards after both catch and contact is simply amazing.  The dude doesn't have Higgins' size either but like one of the announcers said, he has a way of using the defenders actions/leverage against them...not to mention he has an amazing ability to make just the right cut, have patience for blocks, evade in general, and fight for yards. 

I wish he'd have tucked in that ball he was holding in the air though.  :)

3 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Yep, I mentioned in another thread how that fired me up and wondered how much that motivated Ja'Marr.  Of course, the fact that they continued to try to cover him 1-on-1 had something to do with it also.

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Sit Burrow next week. Let Allen beat the Brownies like he did the Stealers last year. 

I’m sure Joe will fight it but it’s in everyone’s best interest. 

That was actually Finley, but we get your drift!!💖😂😂😂😂

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Sit Burrow next week. Let Allen beat the Brownies like he did the Stealers last year. 

I’m sure Joe will fight it but it’s in everyone’s best interest. 

Let’s think about that for a minute…not that you are incorrect logically. 

Lose, and you are likely anchored to the 4th Seed. If a few things go right, maybe 3rd Seed. 

Win, and you are probably no worse than 3rd Seed, have a decent shot at 2nd Seed, and a chance (unlikely) of a 1st Seed. 

Get a 2nd Seed, and you have the joys of hosting two playoff games. Stay lodged in the 4 spot, and you have one game at home, and the next week (if you win) travel to the 1st Seed. 

There appears to be a lot worth playing for up on the North Coast next weekend. 

5 hours ago, Gary said:

No Burrow next week. Let Browning play ffs.. Browning was an amazing passer at Folsom High (few miles from my house). Guarantee he would make an awesome QB. 

But Holy FUG! WHO DEY! Wonder if anyone was close to a heart attack like I was. Joined the forum at 30 years old... Now I am 47 years old lol. 

I joined at like 15 and learned I was circumcised while here(long story). Now I’m 32 and man don’t know if I’ve ever been this proud of a Bengals squad. Burrow has IT

3 minutes ago, B.A.B. said:

I joined at like 15 and learned I was circumcised while here(long story). Now I’m 32 and man don’t know if I’ve ever been this proud of a Bengals squad. Burrow has IT

:24:

God damn we had some good times here. 

Good to see you BAB. 

You remember Onyx? We lost him to Covid last year

Archived