2021 Week 17 Chiefs at Bengals Game Thread

2 hours ago, membengal said:

No joking, I would rather be in the titans side of the bracket in the 4, I think, than facing a potential second round game in Buffalo or a re-match in KC. Resting and potentially going to the 4 makes sense from where I sit - the rest being the most beneficial potentially. 

I like us going against Indy then Tenn better. We are good against the run so give me the top 2 RBs and two QBs who are just ok.

10 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

I'm telling you man, CJ needs a C on that jersey! 

We're seeing it this year... But the next time you're like "Why did they bring that guy back, he sucks..."

We literally don't know what these guys are like to work with. Some guys may not have as much physically, but are a wealth of football knowledge for the other guys at their position. Some guys are well loved. Some guys bring energy to every practice.

Some guys make a big show out of being first one in the building, but are still toxic teammates.

The best salesman might not be the best fit for your company or realize the most success for the overall org.

34 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

We're seeing it this year... But the next time you're like "Why did they bring that guy back, he sucks..."

We literally don't know what these guys are like to work with. Some guys may not have as much physically, but are a wealth of football knowledge for the other guys at their position. Some guys are well loved. Some guys bring energy to every practice.

Some guys make a big show out of being first one in the building, but are still toxic teammates.

The best salesman might not be the best fit for your company or realize the most success for the overall org.

Before Onyx passed away he and I went back and forth about Uzomah he thought he was better than I did. 

I was wrong.

Uzomah may not be a top end TE, but he is sneaky good and as important to this team as Reggie Kelly was back in the day.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

What the Bengals need in a TE right now is a guy who can block and be happy with a few targets a game.  With the three WR they  have that's all a TE is gonna get.  Uzomah seems to fit that bill, but you really don't know if you aren't in the room.

5 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

What the Bengals need in a TE right now is a guy who can block and be happy with a few targets a game.  With the three WR they  have that's all a TE is gonna get.  Uzomah seems to fit that bill, but you really don't know if you aren't in the room.

Not to say Uzo gets to be our starting TE next year... Just saying that we don't really get to see these guys off the field. I know in my profession there are some rockstars no one will hire because they're toxic. One great programmer no one can work with isn't as good as having 7 guys who get it done together.

4 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Not to say Uzo gets to be our starting TE next year... Just saying that we don't really get to see these guys off the field. I know in my profession there are some rockstars no one will hire because they're toxic. One great programmer no one can work with isn't as good as having 7 guys who get it done together.

Exactly why if Jessie Bates continues to overvalue himself and becomes less than a good teammate over this contract, he may have to be let go. I like the culture that Taylor has built of selfless players, I hope Bates has bought into that. 

4 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much agreeing with you.  If the boys like him and he accepts his role I think Uzomah's the kind of TE they need.  I would think they need to draft another TE with those qualities.  They don't need no rock star, just a solid guy who wants to win.  Sample is very underwhelming.

25 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I believe this was the same hands to the face play, couldnt believe they didnt call this one.

That was Boyd on the 4th and goal. As mentioned earlier, the fouls were blatant and obvious. The ONLY complaint KC has is that they got away with murder early and the rules "changed" on them in the second half. (Right about the time Burton was trying to start fights)

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

That was Boyd on the 4th and goal. As mentioned earlier, the fouls were blatant and obvious. The ONLY complaint KC has is that they got away with murder early and the rules "changed" on them in the second half. (Right about the time Burton was trying to start fights)

I do think that Burrow got away with a false start on that final drive, but don't care those things happen for everyone, it's about damned time some of the calls go our way.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

I do think that Burrow got away with a false start on that final drive, but don't care those things happen for everyone, it's about damned time some of the calls go our way.

Only by the very strictest reading of the rules. His head didn't pop up. Some arm wiggle is a no call 100 out of 100 times. KC was just begging for help.

On 1/3/2022 at 3:08 AM, claptonrocks said:

You dont...

Let JB and many starters rest it out for two weeks.

Heal up some and watch a boatload of film on their first opponent in the playoffs..."The Playoffs!"

Any thought of playing JB should go down as the worst decision in Bengal history..

Nothing will change my thoughts 

about starters sitting..

Fuck this game..

I dont care who they play in any round...bring them on...

Home field advantage?

They win more on the road than at home..

Who Dey?...Nobody!..

I mean you believe it or you dont..

Archived