2021 Week 17 Chiefs at Bengals Game Thread

2 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

Hey, mem, you were right,...Chase was the better choice over Sewell.  Chase put on his best Jerry Rice imitation, Hall-of-Fame-Highlights on Sunday.  He had a career full of Hall-of-Fame catches in one game.

Last time we saw quite THAT level of brilliance from a bengals player was Dillon against the Broncos to set the then NFL rushing record.

18 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Kevin Stefanski was COTY for Cleveland last year. 

And...?

I obviously don't think that the coach of the year is actually whomever wins the super bowl. I'm not that stupid. They wouldn't have a coach of the year award if it just went to the Super Bowl winner.I was saying that I think the best coach in the league is whomever wins the Super Bowl obviously. To give it to somebody else would suggest that they are the best coach, but his players held him back from winning it all. Most Improved would make sense, but the best coach is the one that wins it all.

18 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Don't they vote on COTY before the playoffs?

Of course they do, but they shouldn't until after the season is over and find out who the best coach is. Or they should call it Regular Season Coach of the Year. But then it should go to the coach with the best record.

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Of course they do, but they shouldn't until after the season is over and find out who the best coach is. Or they should call it Regular Season Coach of the Year. But, then it should go to the coach with the best record.

I’ve always thought that it should go to the Coach that has gotten the most out of the players he has, with consideration for successfully developed new tactics/plays…innovation.  :shrug:  

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Of course they do, but they shouldn't until after the season is over and find out who the best coach is. Or they should call it Regular Season Coach of the Year. But then it should go to the coach with the best record.

COTY should go to only the Super Bowl winner? That would take all of the fun and guess work out of it. I think there's more than winning to be coach of the year. Overcoming obstacles, etc.

Archived