The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly: Kansas City Chiefs 01/02/22

GOOD

AFC North Champions-Beautiful! Last to first!

Joe Burrow-30 for 39 for 446 yards and 4 TDs. WOW!

Ja'Marr Chase-11 catches on 12 targets for a whopping 266 yards and 3 TDs. Many catches were incredible and his YAC ability is stunning.

Tee Higgins-This guy is a beast. His ability, along with Chase's, to make contested catches is going to make this offense a danger for opponents for years.

Rashad "Clappy" Fenton-My new favorite Chief. Got torched and tossed in some nice pass interference penalties while applauding his poor performance.  

Zac Taylor's Balls-He needs a wheelbarrow for them. He took abuse for being too cautious. He's laying it out there lately and winning.

Lou Anarumo-Dialed up some nice calls when needed. May be the biggest surprise of the season. The unit struggled overall but prevailed when needed.

Second Half Defense-Held the Chiefs to 3 points  

BAD

Offensive Line-Damn this unit is terrible. Jonah Williams has disappointed and Hopkins needs to be replaced and an answer at ORG is still outstanding. 

Pass Rush-Practically non-existent. I know it's Mahomes but...

Run Defense-They got absolutely gashed on the ground.

UGLY

Quinton Spain-Hopefully it's not as bad as it looked but, I sadly don't think so. Guy has been a beauty for this team this year.

Chase/Burrow A+++++++++

I am so happy that the Bengals went against my judgement and picked Chase over Sewell. We have something very special and hopefully they will be around for a VERY LONG time. 

Again I will say it! So yes, I was wrong wanting Sewell...  BUT this year we need to spend at least 4-5 picks on OL unless we sign some studs. Didn't Burrow get sacked the most this year? Can you imagine how GOOD he could be if he had decent time on pass plays!?

EDIT: Burrow/Chase >>>>>>>>>> Dalton/Green ...... Much better than Dalton to Green always disappearing in BIG GAMES!!!

The Good

AFC North Champions

Joe Burrow breaks Bengals records for passing yards and passing TDs

Jamar "The right fucking pick" Chase 266 and 3 TDs, I think they said that was a rookie record

Defense in the 2nd half locking down and holding them to 3 points

The Bad

1st half Defense, couldnt stop anything

The Ugly

The Oline 

Good:

- Joe Burrow, MVP

- Ja'marr Chase, ORY, rookie record receiving yards in a game, most rookie TDs since Moss in '98.

- Lou and D coming out in the second half and doing the job.  They've been "good" all year with some weirdly poor performances but coming out after arguably their worst half of the year they put up one of their best.  That's what winning teams do.

- Markus Bailey.  We are so damn lucky we have guys like this on the depth chart.  Few of the D deserves individual accolades but this guy makes plays as a third stringer.

- Tee Higgins.  With few opportunities he plain balled out.

Bad:

- First half D.  We can't live like this forever, we're just lucky that Joe NEVER waivers no matter the score.  Decades of Bengal teams would have laid down and died in games like this, but with Joey Franchise at the helm he just won't let it happen.

Ugly:

- OL.  I'm sorry but this too ugly to watch sometimes.  They got schooled for most of the day but like the rest of the team Joe makes them look better than they are (and they look TERRIBLE).

12 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Good: Postgame, JB says "The OL payed great". Good teammate becuse they were not good

Good: Antonio Brown the Clown is not on our team

Hard to say much about AB.  He's a mess. 

Also much lower on the nutso scale is OBJ. 

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1477714178072883209?s=20

20 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Good: Postgame, JB says "The OL payed great". Good teammate becuse they were not good

Good: Antonio Brown the Clown is not on our team

You can't have over 400 passing yards two weeks in a row without the OL playing well.

Archived