Browns Week part 2

8 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Debbie Downer Harry can just imagine the Browns saying "if it can't be us, it sure as hell ain't gonna be them".

Lighthearted in the Jungle says - Well if it's not us it's because we're in the best damn division in Football.

I played in a tournament a few years back - first round guy kicked my ass so bad. Like it wasn't funny. I felt bad for wasting that dude's time. But as I walked away I remember thinking "That mf'er had better win the whole tournament and beat everyone even worse than me. At least then I can be like 'I would have been second....'"

The scariest thing is that these guys are going to be playing for their individual stats. Clowney knows an extra sack or two next weekend is ~$1 Million.

I ended up watching the Manningcast.  Clowney was tearing shit up.  Apparently Garrett has a leg injury.  He didn’t do much.  Still, Browns pass rush was strong. I would sit Burrow.   

Best part of the Manningcast is  these guys have an opinion.  Peyton was shredding the Browns offense and Mayfield most of the night.  

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The Tuesday Morning Good, Bad and Ugly...

Waking up this morning and looking at the standings (didn't watch the game) and seeing the Browns are eliminated from the playoffs.

They were eliminated on Sunday once we won. 

But,  I did watch the game and Baker looked bad and got sacke 9 times, but his receivers made him look even worse and they couldn't get the running game going  and Najee Harris had almost 200 yards rushing. It was so bad, my son left at the 2 minute warning and he never does that. He said ( and I'm cleaning up the quote) "F this. I have to work tomorrow."

I would sit:

Burrow
Hendrickson
Awuzie
Wilson
Hopkins
Uzomah
Ogunjobi

---all either nursing injuries or coming off a season-long campaign following tough injury recoveries. Would consider sitting Mixon.

Would go with a run heavy scheme and use Perine, Williams and Evans. Would activate Shelvin and give him significant work. Would go on line with Smith/Carman/Hill/Adeniji/Prince and run the ball 60 times.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I would sit:

Burrow
Hendrickson
Awuzie
Wilson
Hopkins
Uzomah
Ogunjobi

---all either nursing injuries or coming off a season-long campaign following tough injury recoveries. Would consider sitting Mixon.

Would go with a run heavy scheme and use Perine, Williams and Evans. Would activate Shelvin and give him significant work. Would go on line with Smith/Carman/Hill/Adeniji/Prince and run the ball 60 times.

I'd pretty much treat this game like the 4th preseason game, starters play a series or 2, then put in the people you want to get a look at or some playing time. Allen is replaceable. :ninja:

I’d rest as many as possible.  Some could be be out anyway from Covid (Hendrickson, Hopkins, Spain, Bell, Pratt).  No reason to risk Burrow behind an even more patchwork o-line and I don’t play Chase or Mixon if we don’t play Joe.  Wilson just came back from injury and is probably less than 100% so he’s another one that would makes sense to save for the playoffs.  Awuzie, Higgins, Boyd, and Reader are others I would consider resting.  The good news is that players on the Covid list can be replaced by PS people and they should have enough bodies to get through the game.  Besides we will know in advance if KC wins versus Denver and if they do we have very little incentive to go all in.

7 hours ago, membengal said:

I would sit:

Burrow
Hendrickson
Awuzie
Wilson
Hopkins
Uzomah
Ogunjobi

This...

Archived