Browns Week part 2

One thing different... I cannot remember being less interested in a Bengals v Browns game.

Not a bad thing, actually.  But when I first saw this schedule I thought this was going to

be a battle to the end for .... whatever.

Now, its just "hope no one gets hurt".

But I'll take it.

Rather be where we are than where the Browns are as Captain Obvious says.

19 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

One thing different... I cannot remember being less interested in a Bengals v Browns game.

Not a bad thing, actually.  But when I first saw this schedule I thought this was going to

But I'll take it.

Even with Allen and the rest of our reserves Id give them a shot..

Browns teamplay is all but dead now..

Just stat padding..

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

But I'll take it.

I’m glad we didn’t invest money into going to this game.

4 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I’m glad we didn’t invest money into going to this game.

Shebengal: this was the one and only Bengals-Browns game I ever attended in Cleveland: 

image.jpeg.fa75d842ddabf65f93007e5b233bd88b.jpeg

I never attended games there, as I refused to spend my money on that franchise. Lol. A Cleveland law firm I worked with at the time gave me free tickets prior to that season ever starting. Of course, no one had a clue—especially me—that this game would be the final one in that old rat trap. 

I have some photos of the strangeness of that day. I will upload a few when I find them. 

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced the following roster moves:

• Placed defensive tackle B.J. Hill and running back Joe Mixon on the NFL COVID-19 list.
  • Returned wide receiver Trenton Irwin and cornerback Trae Waynes to the active roster from the COVID-19 list. Both players had been on the list since December 31st.
  • Returned tight end Scotty Washington to the practice squad from the COVID-19 list. He had been on the list since January 1st.

*** So it looks like we will see Waynes audition for another year as a Bengal.  Still, he gets my vote for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Player of the Year.  Seriously, it will be interesting to see how he looks even against the Cleveland scrubs. :gobengals:

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Shebengal: this was the one and only Bengals-Browns game I ever attended in Cleveland: 

image.jpeg.fa75d842ddabf65f93007e5b233bd88b.jpeg

I never attended games there, as I refused to spend my money on that franchise. Lol. A Cleveland law firm I worked with at the time gave me free tickets prior to that season ever starting. Of course, no one had a clue—especially me—that this game would be the final one in that old rat trap. 

I have some photos of the strangeness of that day. I will upload a few when I find them. 

I probably have one of those somewhere in my photo/memorabilia album. It was a strange day. After the game, people were taking their seats, literally. They had hand saws and were sawing away. Turns out I was pregnant at that game with the boy, but didn't know it yet, so technically, he was there, too. Maybe that's why he's a Browns fan. 

Funny story about the aftermath. The Browns opened up the old stadium one last time the following September for the fans, with pretty much open access to everywhere. I knew hubby wanted to go really badly, but I was 4 days overdue so I wasn't traveling anywhere. You have to remember this was before everyone had cell phones. Being the good wife that I am, I let him go with a promise from him that he would turn around if I went into labor. He called me a few times from the road and from the stadium, but all was good. We have a seat and a brick from the old stadium,

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced the following roster moves:

• Placed defensive tackle B.J. Hill and running back Joe Mixon on the NFL COVID-19 list.
  • Returned wide receiver Trenton Irwin and cornerback Trae Waynes to the active roster from the COVID-19 list. Both players had been on the list since December 31st.
  • Returned tight end Scotty Washington to the practice squad from the COVID-19 list. He had been on the list since January 1st.

*** So it looks like we will see Waynes audition for another year as a Bengal.  Still, he gets my vote for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Player of the Year.  Seriously, it will be interesting to see how he looks even against the Cleveland scrubs. :gobengals:

No Way Reaction GIF by Freeform

:24:

Archived