Browns Week part 2

1 minute ago, membengal said:

This is my absolute favorite thing about this team. 

Having worked in spaces where Egos abound and places where Egos are not in the way, a place that has "no egos" makes everyone far far far more happy and more productive. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

This is my absolute favorite thing about this team. 

Having worked in spaces where Egos abound and places where Egos are not in the way, a place that has "no egos" makes everyone far far far more happy and more productive. 

It's so damn rare. Whatever the strengths and flaws of the Dalton years, the issue (not with Andy) but with too many of that team were too many damn big egos. Especially from the strongest personalities (Burfict, Pac, etc). 

10 minutes ago, membengal said:

This is still the one area that the team has just neglected sine Taylor arrived. There is no excuse for it. They have done a lot of things right but this area has been very wrong. We can't go into next seaosn with the 'we expect the younger players to develop'. F*ck that, sign some good OL and let the young players try and beat them. 

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

It's so damn rare. Whatever the strengths and flaws of the Dalton years, the issue (not with Andy) but with too many of that team were too many damn big egos. Especially from the strongest personalities (Burfict, Pac, etc). 

Yup. It's also why imho that team failed when things got tough, and why I think this team wont.

4 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I probably have one of those somewhere in my photo/memorabilia album. It was a strange day. After the game, people were taking their seats, literally. They had hand saws and were sawing away. Turns out I was pregnant at that game with the boy, but didn't know it yet, so technically, he was there, too. Maybe that's why he's a Browns fan. 

Funny story about the aftermath. The Browns opened up the old stadium one last time the following September for the fans, with pretty much open access to everywhere. I knew hubby wanted to go really badly, but I was 4 days overdue so I wasn't traveling anywhere. You have to remember this was before everyone had cell phones. Being the good wife that I am, I let him go with a promise from him that he would turn around if I went into labor. He called me a few times from the road and from the stadium, but all was good. We have a seat and a brick from the old stadium,

Those are great stories! I found some photos from that day I took--had a lot more (including the full-size Modell effigy hanging under his usual box) but they must have dropped away over the years. 

446138203_Cleveland1995.jpg.38e09f90fde4b791364954b6e6fc8162.jpg

The top 2 were from later in the game, when the "fun" was beginning. They ended up playing the 4th quarter towards the endzone these were taken from, and away from the Pound. It was getting really nuts by the second photo, with smoke and incendiary bombs going off one after the other--plus the seats coming out. 

The bottom 2 illustrate the seat "giveaway" segment at the end. I actually disconnected two seats without any problem/damage at all. I was following the guys you see here out of the building at the same time. They ended up with a full section of 10 seats, plus the stragglers. They walked out with no problem. As soon as I started out (and I was wearing no Bengal gear whatsoever) a cop yells at me and says "hey...put those down, you can't take them!" I was pointing at the group in front of me with their full row. He says "nope, put it down!". Would have liked to have had them, but oh well. 

All things considered, I really did like that old rat trap. :) 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Those are great stories! I found some photos from that day I took--had a lot more (including the full-size Modell effigy hanging under his usual box) but they must have dropped away over the years. 

446138203_Cleveland1995.jpg.38e09f90fde4b791364954b6e6fc8162.jpg

The top 2 were from later in the game, when the "fun" was beginning. They ended up playing the 4th quarter towards the endzone these were taken from, and away from the Pound. It was getting really nuts by the second photo, with smoke and incendiary bombs going off one after the other--plus the seats coming out. 

The bottom 2 illustrate the seat "giveaway" segment at the end. I actually disconnected two seats without any problem/damage at all. I was following the guys you see here out of the building at the same time. They ended up with a full section of 10 seats, plus the stragglers. They walked out with no problem. As soon as I started out (and I was wearing no Bengal gear whatsoever) a cop yells at me and says "hey...put those down, you can't take them!" I was pointing at the group in front of me with their full row. He says "nope, put it down!". Would have liked to have had them, but oh well. 

All things considered, I really did like that old rat trap. :) 

By the end of the game, we were in the mass of people in the Dawg Pound. The scoreboard you are showing is the same scoreboard that hubby proposed to me on before the game in 1987. 

I have to say, in all the years I've gone to games up there, I've never really been hassled in my Bengals gear, even the year I went without my hubby, My sister and I went up for one game and one of the hat vendors tried to advise us not to wear Bengals gear into the game and sell us some Browns hats. We were like, 'No, thanks." 

On 1/6/2022 at 1:25 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

This is still the one area that the team has just neglected sine Taylor arrived. There is no excuse for it. They have done a lot of things right but this area has been very wrong. We can't go into next seaosn with the 'we expect the younger players to develop'. F*ck that, sign some good OL and let the young players try and beat them. 

I wouldn’t say it was neglected. They drafted Jonah William 2 years ago and signed Reiff and XSF to replace utter garbage.  Sure, they could have done better no doubt.  Joe B does need to get rid of ball a little quicker but  he has still only played in 26 games!

Keep in mind our defense was horrible last year so making it better is one reason why we made the playoffs.   We don’t win that KC game without the 2nd half defense. 

Archived