Browns Week part 2

6 hours ago, stryker57 said:

i make no final decisions until sat 8pm and see if  KC wins ....

if they win then we know we cant be #1 seed

if they lose i damn sure want to win in Cleveland  for the #2 seed over KC.   

If KC wins, we can’t catch them.  

Not even sure if we could be second seed if Titans were to lose to the lowly Texans (coupled with a Bengals win).  Who wins the tiebreakers?

43 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Not even sure if we could be second seed if Titans were to lose to the lowly Texans (coupled with a Bengals win).  Who wins the tiebreakers?

If the pats win their division, we will be seeded behind them, so we will also need to root for buffalo to win the division.

As far as resting players, etc, it does (or could) work to our benefit if we win when it comes to seeding.

I am most concerned about Evan McFearsome.  His kick offs were wonky the past two weeks.

Missed a field goal in there somewhere, too.

I see we signed a Kicker to the practice squad.

I would not mind seeing McFearsome get a week off in Cleveland.

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

As far as resting players, etc, it does (or could) work to our benefit if we win when it comes to seeding.

I am most concerned about Evan McFearsome.  His kick offs were wonky the past two weeks.

Missed a field goal in there somewhere, too.

I see we signed a Kicker to the practice squad.

I would not mind seeing McFearsome get a week off in Cleveland.

They brought in a kicker, so I would say that’s gonna happen. 

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

The Bengals do become the 2 Seed with a TN loss/Bengals win. 

The only things that change would be the opponents. 

On 1/3/2022 at 4:30 PM, UncleEarl said:

That's good news.  As long as it isn't a f'n high ankle sprain.  Those things are brutal.

Spain mechanism was an "eversion" injury, not the typical "inversion" injury.   The ligaments on the inside (medial)of the ankle are stronger than the outside (lateral).   That part of the reason why you can invert your ankle 45 deg, but evert it only 10 deg.

They tend to hurt more when they are sprain because it takes so much more force to injure them, but they stand up to the punishment better.

5 minutes ago, Dr Tarzan said:

Spain mechanism was an "eversion" injury, not the typical "inversion" injury.   The ligaments on the inside (medial)of the ankle are stronger than the outside (lateral).   That part of the reason why you can invert your ankle 45 deg, but evert it only 10 deg.

They tend to hurt more when they are sprain because it takes so much more force to injure them, but they stand up to the punishment better.

Hey!  Tarzan!  Welcome back!  Thanks for the details too!!

Question then....the "eversion" sprain that Spain suffered is the so called "high ankle sprain?" 

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

If TN losses and KC and Bengals win then Cincy is 2nd seed .   If both KC and TN lose with a Bengals win......#1 SEED!!......both scenarios by the tiebreaker Conference record.

If TN wins and KC loses with bengals win, then Cin is #2 seed

All this assuming Buffalo beats Jets at home.    If Buffalo loses and NE wins Then NE takes the division and is #3 seed if TN wins.

If KC and TN lose under this scenario.....NE is #1 seed.   

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Hey!  Tarzan!  Welcome back!  Thanks for the details too!!

Question then....the "eversion" sprain that Spain suffered is the so called "high ankle sprain?" 

The High ankle sprain is an inversion injury just like the "traditional",....just worse with different ligament injury, everything being equal, the high ankle sprains take 50% longer to heal.

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

Using the ESPN Playoff Machine(TM) I was able to determine that if KC wins Tenn loses and we Win, KC is #1 we are #2 and Tenn #3

1 hour ago, Dr Tarzan said:

The High ankle sprain is an inversion injury just like the "traditional",....just worse with different ligament injury, everything being equal, the high ankle sprains take 50% longer to heal.

Glad to hear that is not what Spain has.  My experience with the high ankle sprain is much like what you say.  It's tough as an athlete because you can walk around fine and even run, but as soon as you try certain movements...no way!

1 hour ago, Dr Tarzan said:

If TN losses and KC and Bengals win then Cincy is 2nd seed .   If both KC and TN lose with a Bengals win......#1 SEED!!......both scenarios by the tiebreaker Conference record.

If TN wins and KC loses with bengals win, then Cin is #2 seed

All this assuming Buffalo beats Jets at home.    If Buffalo loses and NE wins Then NE takes the division and is #3 seed if TN wins.

If KC and TN lose under this scenario.....NE is #1 seed.   

Right. As I said in my post, if the pats win their division(they would have to win and Buff loses to jets), they win all tie breakers over us. So we will need buffalo to win or pats loss to get a 1 or 2 seed. Along with KC and/or Tennessee losing.

Archived