Browns Week part 2

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I wouldn’t say it was neglected. They drafted Jonah William 2 years ago and signed Reiff and XSF to replace utter garbage.  Sure, they could have done better no doubt.  Joe B does need to get rid of ball a little quicker but  he has still only played in 26 games!

Keep in mind our defense was horrible last year so making it better is one reason why we made the playoffs.   We don’t win that KC game without the 2nd half defense. 

Hiring the POS OL coach Turner was a huge mistake and then keeping him and not going full out to fix the OL once we drafted a franchise QB at #1 was an mistake one cannot even measure. JB's career could have ended with the crap they rolled out as an OL. And knowing that young QB's, especially gun slinger types do hold onto the ball, well that makes the mistake even worse. 

We were very fortunate to get through that period but the OL needs to imporve in a big way going forward. I think in the playoffs any team we play will no doubt go full pressure packages all day long, I am sure any of us would think like that against our OL. 

I know, spilled milk and all that. With JB and weapons we at least have a shot. We had no shot with Dulton and Merv. They collapsed like the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. 

We can certainly see signs that our key offensive players raise thier level of play in key games. Dulton and crew shrunk in the limelight and the best you can say aboout CP is he was the same. His playoff record is nothing to write home about - neither is Peyton Mannings for that matter. The more player we have that raise thier level of play as the tension rises, the better our chances. 

49 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I think in the playoffs any team we play will no doubt go full pressure packages all day long, I am sure any of us would think like that against our OL

They really can’t do that to this team though. Burrow is just too good at recognizing it and getting the ball to the right spot. Add to that, all of our WRs can make them pay bigtime.
You blitz him, he rips your soul out…so good luck with that. I guarantee nobody wants to face this team right now.

34 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They really can’t do that to this team though. Burrow is just too good at recognizing it and getting the ball to the right spot. Add to that, all of our WRs can make them pay bigtime.
You blitz him, he rips your soul out…so good luck with that. I guarantee nobody wants to face this team right now.

Ehhhh… not always.  So many free rushers this year.  I will say that is mostly a first half problem. 

They have to stay close in the first half so they can win it in the second. 

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I believe the Brownies are gonna have their hands full with Allen and Perine. We'll see how a depleted D handles Keenum. That'll be the key, IMO.

Lord Id like to see Treyveon run 20 times. i just like the kids ferocity when hes given a chance..

Id enjoy watching alot of our reserves do good things.

Cant imagine what their excitement would be to contribute to this season..

They will play their asses off regardless.

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Lord Id like to see Treyveon run 20 times. i just like the kids ferocity when hes given a chance..

I'm with ya there. I'd give him a chance to return KO as well. I like the kid.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I believe the Brownies are gonna have their hands full with Allen and Perine. We'll see how a depleted D handles Keenum. That'll be the key, IMO.

We have gone from “basic forfeit so who cares?” to “certain win with the Volkssturm” in 24 hrs. 

The absolute in-between is actually getting me excited about Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

We have gone from “basic forfeit so who cares?” to “certain win with the Volkssturm” in 24 hrs. 

The absolute in-between is actually getting me excited about Sunday. 

Volkssturm? I haven’t seen you use that term in ages.

3 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Scariest play from kc game jones trucks carman hits joe low diving into his legs. Thank god joe was ok. Carman needs to watch over reaching losing his balance bull rush. 

That was the play right after his false start as well, correct?

It's unlikely to matter much, since the Stripes are resting their starters on Sunday. But if our scrubs are better than the Cleveland Team's starters - which right now they might be - then there's a tiny tiny chance we might be able to improve our playoff seed to the #2 or, dare I hope, the #1 slot. That path, as improbable as it may be, starts with a Denver victory on Saturday.

I woke up this morning and suddenly, inexplicably, found myself filled with an unexpected love of all things "Bronco". The sunlight streaming in through the window cast a series of blue and orange-hued shadows on my far wall, and just the mention of the term "Tim Tebow" caused my heart to swell with joy. I expect it will wear off by nightfall, but for today, I find myself being a Denver Broncos fan! Go Broncos!

And if my love for Denver does not inspire them to a victory today, I'm certain I can root for Houston on Sunday with just as much sincerity!

img_1_1641626560788.jpg

7 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Burrow and chase should start throw for 600 just kidding . 

One thing about this season's stats, don't forget this a 17 game season

rather than the 16 games seasons we have had for... a long time.

Makes Joe's and Ja'Marr's stats this year in 16 games all the better.

Archived