Who will we play first round?

After playing with the playoff machine, it looks like, assuming that KC and Ten win and we don't get a 1 or 2.....:

I f we beat the turds, we will probably play the raiders if they win and will probably play the colts if the chargers win.

If we lose, we will probably play the pats, assuming that the jets don't beat the bills, but I wouldn't sleep on the jets throwing it all out there.

There is little chance of playing the chargers and no chance of playing the bills unless they lose.

So the question is: Who do you think we will play and who do you want to play?

My answer is colts for both.

I think we will based on my predictions in the playoff machine.  I think we will beat the turds regardless of which personnel we decide to play. Even though Bell and Hendrickson are already out if I'm not mistaken.

I like the colts match-up if we can contain Taylor. The D has played well against premiere backs for the most part. Second choice would be the raiders. I am confident we can take them. On second thought, maybe I like raiders over colts. Toss up.

I think we can beat the Colts as well, the one thing after watching the Locked On Bengals podcast, they did bring up was that Deforest Buckner their DT is very good, just as good as Reed who was beating up our Oline this past week. 

But yeah give me the Colts, and let Joe get the score ahead so that you take Taylor out of the game and force Wentz to beat you.

Wentz doesnt scare me.

4 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

...The Ghosts of Bengals Past.

Well played. 

My personal Ghost, will be if the home playoff game will be the 8:15pm type with bone-chilling 15 degree temps. I will be standing there in Sec 104, fighting off demons resembling Mark Sanchez. 

There's no need to fear any franchise at this point, IMO. These are absolutely NOT the same old Bengals. We pretty much have prime years Peyton Manning as our QB right now on the second year of his rookie contract, 25.5 games in.

We are 100% allowed to dream big with this group. We've not seen QB play like this here....ever.

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

There's no need to fear any franchise at this point, IMO. These are absolutely NOT the same old Bengals. We pretty much have prime years Peyton Manning as our QB right now on the second year of his rookie contract, 25.5 games in.

We are 100% allowed to dream big with this group. We've not seen QB play like this here....ever.

Absolutely..

Whodey?..

You either believe it or you dont..

I do..

12 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

We need a Strider rallying the Ghosts against our opponents in that first game.

12 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

I wonder how many will get that one?

I admit it.  I don't.

BUT... whatever happened to # 1 Fan?  He seems to have ghosted this year and I was wondering it it was literally.:skull:

22 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I admit it.  I don't.

BUT... whatever happened to # 1 Fan?  He seems to have ghosted this year and I was wondering it it was literally.:skull:

He works at Columbia Hyundai. I've bought a couple of cars from him. But I don't know what happened to him at the games. They used to show him every game. I guess now they show Burrow on the sideline instead.

12 hours ago, spicoli said:

“Fear” is meaningless when discussing opponents. It is about matchups—your best strengths against their lesser ones…and vice versa. And which matchups to exploit or guard against. 

This offensive line is not 1988 quality. It’s not even 1991…or 2005…or 2009…or 2015 quality. Start there, and see where the matchups everywhere else—including coaching staffs—are plus or minus against your opponent…and can those plus/minus matchups overcome or exploit the opponents. 

One can dream and believe to the moon and the stars…it will never change matchups. 

I am going to be happily attending my 5th home playoff game, since the last time I attended a home playoff win—31 years ago. I look forward to driving home quite happy. 

45 minutes ago, Hooky said:

He works at Columbia Hyundai. I've bought a couple of cars from him. But I don't know what happened to him at the games. They used to show him every game. I guess now they show Burrow on the sideline instead.

He was there the last time I was in stadium. He’s around 20 rows in front of us in 104. 

45 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

He was there the last time I was in stadium. He’s around 20 rows in front of us in 104. 

I think he told me that he took 2020 off. With all the hoops they wanted him to jump through.

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

This offensive line is not 1988 quality. It’s not even 1991…or 2005…or 2009…or 2015 quality

Their offensive line hasn’t matched up well with anyone all year…yet here we are. 

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

I think he told me that he took 2020 off. With all the hoops they wanted him to jump through.

I've not seen him in awhile and he is usually very conspicuous.

Curious because some of the fans are getting a lot of extra exposure, promos, emergency exit instructions, etc.

Bengal Jim was even the Ruler of the Jungle Sunday.

But lots of Captain Obvious clone and gf, Bengaloriam, Tony Da Tiger and Bengal Jim.

Not taking away or anything disrespectful to any of them, but #1 Fan has been around a lot

longer and I have not seen him this season.

In other words, I hope he's OK.

I think we are going to lose to the Browns this weekend and end up playing the Patriots. In order of preference of potential opponents I'd go:

1. Las Vegas Raiders

2. Indianapolis Colts

3. New England Patriots

4. Los Angeles Chargers

The Patriots have the best defense of the potential opponents and do the best job of protecting their QB. That will make it tough but, if the Bengals can bring the level of offense they have of late they should prevail. Mac Jones does not concern me at all. They will need to contain their solid running attack and find a way to open up their offense against a talented and well coached opponent. 

I honestly "fear" the Chargers over any of the others but am optimistic about their chances against any Wild Card Round opponents.

14 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Their offensive line hasn’t matched up well with anyone all year…yet here we are. 

We've also done very poorly against teams with good DL's. Jets game comes to mind.

Our huge weakness is OL, so I want whomever has the weakest Dline. The best aren't great because they're better, it's because they're smarter and work every possible advantage in their favor. Just like we'd pick on the weakest CB in a game, I want the weakest DLine in the playoffs.

56 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I've not seen him in awhile and he is usually very conspicuous.

Curious because some of the fans are getting a lot of extra exposure, promos, emergency exit instructions, etc.

Bengal Jim was even the Ruler of the Jungle Sunday.

But lots of Captain Obvious clone and gf, Bengaloriam, Tony Da Tiger and Bengal Jim.

Not taking away or anything disrespectful to any of them, but #1 Fan has been around a lot

longer and I have not seen him this season.

In other words, I hope he's OK.

If #1 Fan took 2020 off I can see the Bengals taking his tickets and totally pissing him off.  It's the kind of thing a lot of sports franchises do unfortunately.

48 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

We've also done very poorly against teams with good DL's. Jets game comes to mind.

Our huge weakness is OL, so I want whomever has the weakest Dline. The best aren't great because they're better, it's because they're smarter and work every possible advantage in their favor. Just like we'd pick on the weakest CB in a game, I want the weakest DLine in the playoffs.

That’s a bingo. I mentioned the offensive line as a starting point for matchups, there are other key areas plus and minus. 

Where would you see pluses that may overcome opponents’ pluses/negatives, and vice-versa? 

50 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Our huge weakness is OL, so I want whomever has the weakest Dline.

What difference does it make? If you wanna get to the top you have to beat the top teams at some point no matter what round it’s in. 

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

What difference does it make? If you wanna get to the top you have to beat the top teams at some point no matter what round it’s in. 

This may or may not be true…however the topic question is: who would be the best matched opponent so as to gain a win in the FIRST round? 

Archived