Who will we play first round?

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

however the topic question is: who would be the best matched opponent so as to gain a win in the FIRST round? 

And the answer to that question is…ANY OF THEM. They’ve all got their own strengths and weakness just like we do. I say bring them all on. 

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

And the answer to that question is…ANY OF THEM. They’ve all got their own strengths and weakness just like we do. I say bring them all on. 

Yeah..I say the same thing on the golf course: 

130 yds out.. slightly sloped downhill run to the green…bunkers guarding left and right sides….

Hell, give me the 3-iron, it matches up to the shot with the 4-hybrid. No, make it the lob wedge. 

All joking aside, they will get who they get, and game plan accordingly. But, I thought the thread was about who folks thought they would like to see as an opponent? 

36 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Yeah..I say the same thing on the golf course: 

130 yds out.. slightly sloped downhill run to the green…bunkers guarding left and right sides….

Hell, give me the 3-iron, it matches up to the shot with the 4-hybrid. No, make it the lob wedge. 

All joking aside, they will get who they get, and game plan accordingly. But, I thought the thread was about who folks thought they would like to see as an opponent? 

Good point...

I totally agree with Spicoli about

whoever I dont care but that wasnt the question..

Like Lost commented about tough dline opponents may be the answer..

Honestly I don't care though...😎

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Good point...

I totally agree with Spicoli about

whoever I dont care but that wasnt the question..

Like Lost commented about tough dline opponents may be the answer..

Honestly I don't care though...😎

I had a business colleague years ago would ask people where they would like to go to lunch. The response would invariably be along the lines of "Doesn't matter to me." He would reply "Never heard of that place, anywhere close to the "It's up to you"? 😀

17 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I had a business colleague years ago would ask people where they would like to go to lunch. The response would invariably be along the lines of "Doesn't matter to me." He would reply "Never heard of that place, anywhere close to the "It's up to you"? 😀

Sorry but I believe Whoever they play in round 1 will be a win..

Id hope for a rematch with the Chargers if it came down to it..

Payback comin up.....

49 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Jeez 🤦‍♂️

11 minutes ago, gupps said:

Anyone but the Pats. Belichick is the best coach on the planet right now and it wouldn't surprise me to see him take them to the Super Bowl.

Ole Bill and his Pats allways looming yes...

I have much respect for him but all things considered Ill take JB over Mac Jones......Everytime ...no?

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

What difference does it make? If you wanna get to the top you have to beat the top teams at some point no matter what round it’s in. 

No... That's not true. Out of 6 teams in the playoffs, there will be 3 we DON'T play. If one of the Wild Card teams has an amazing D-Line, I'd rather skip that one. Matchups always come in to play. If my team has a bad secondary, I don't want to face the Bengals. I'm hoping they get knocked out in the first round so I don't have to see them in the second round. (KC, cough)

We don't really have a choice... But since we're discussing it....

42 minutes ago, gupps said:

Anyone but the Pats. Belichick is the best coach on the planet right now and it wouldn't surprise me to see him take them to the Super Bowl.

Agree with this too. Good team or bad, he finds a way to take you our of your comfort zone.

Give me the Raiders again.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I have much respect for him but all things considered Ill take JB over Mac Jones......Everytime ...no?

Or J'MC over Mac Jones for ROY.

Of course, Jones will get extra credit for being a Patriot and Bellicheck's dingleberry.

2 hours ago, HOF dan said:

Agree with this too. Good team or bad, he finds a way to take you our of your comfort zone.

Give me the Raiders again.

Sooo it's ok to play the Pats just so long as it isn't in the first round?

WTH is the matter with some of you guys? WE ARE TRYING TO WIN A SB TITLE, not just one game. The only way to get there is to play the top teams. 

C'mon guys #PussifiedFanbase

9 minutes ago, spicoli said:

WTH is the matter with some of you guys? WE ARE TRYING TO WIN A SB TITLE, not just one game...the only way to get there is to play the top teams. 

Why yes…move to the next levels, and all of that. But since this was ROUND ONE question, played in the first round, amirite? 

What is so scaredy cat about that? BTW, just really who is actually “scared” about a damn sporting event, anyway?)

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Sorry but I believe Whoever they play in round 1 will be a win..

Id hope for a rematch with the Chargers if it came down to it..

Payback comin up.....

Then, it appears you do care after all? 

No apologies necessary—I join you in the belief that RD 1 will be a win. 

20 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

What is so scaredy cat about that? BTW, just really who is actually “scared” about a damn sporting event, anyway?)

Because a good majority of the fanbase has this irrational fear of the other shoe dropping or some stupid shit...even though these are obviously not THOSE Bengals.

Stop playing scared guys, that's all I'm saying. Joe Burrow and the Bengals surely aren't.

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Because a good majority of the fanbase has this irrational fear of the other shoe dropping or some stupid shit...even though these are obviously not THOSE Bengals.

Stop playing scared guys, that's all I'm saying. Joe Burrow and the Bengals surely aren't.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

WTH is the matter with some of you guys? WE ARE TRYING TO WIN A SB TITLE, not just one game...the only way to get there is to play the top teams. 

I was just rationalizing my answer to the question.

With this team, I'm with you - I think everyone else should fear us - how refreshing is that?!

Now, having said that.....it's a long process to shake the conditioned response to wait for the bottom to fall out.

17 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

With this team, I'm with you - I think everyone else should fear us - how refreshing is that?!

Now, having said that.....it's a long process to shake the conditioned response to wait for the bottom to fall out.

I understand 🍻

WhoDey bitches!

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

No... That's not true. Out of 6 teams in the playoffs, there will be 3 we DON'T play. If one of the Wild Card teams has an amazing D-Line, I'd rather skip that one. Matchups always come in to play. If my team has a bad secondary, I don't want to face the Bengals. I'm hoping they get knocked out in the first round so I don't have to see them in the second round. (KC, cough)

We don't really have a choice... But since we're discussing it....

True about opposing Dlines comin at Wonder Boy ..

Fingers crossed oline is healthy for it.

No team is completely secure of a Vinny L showpiece this year.

If anything stops the Bengals for a run at it it be the Olines play....imho

It’s just a f’n hypothetical question.  

Matchups matter.  Certainly glad we played Baltimore two weeks ago instead of Cleveland.  Yes, I know Mayfield was out.  Keenum may be better.  

No one is arguing what has to happen to win a Super Bowl.  Then again you have to win one game at a time.  

All said, Lost is right.  It would be better to avoid teams with strong DLs.  Could even give Spain another week to get right.  Burrow and Chase aren’t going to win the Super Bowl on their own. 

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Every time. But what about the other position groups? :smile:

I think the Bengals could possibly beat the Patriots, but I'd much rather start off with a weaker team.

Archived