Who will we play first round?

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

He's been dominant when it's mattered most though.

He's playing as well or better than any QB in the league RIGHT NOW. That's what the real point should be. 

You can't ask anymore of a player or team heading into the playoffs.

Get hot when it matters. That's exactly what they've done. 

Of course. Exactly correct. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

People are still complaining about the Denver game? 

Like you all have never seen a defensive game?

Come on.

I’m not complaining about the Denver game.  The point is, WHOEVER will be playing the Bengals in the playoffs will certainly look to see what Denver did to frustrate our offense…and determine if they can do the same.  Don’t you think?

1 minute ago, Cricket said:

I’m not complaining about the Denver game.  The point is, WHOEVER will be playing the Bengals in the playoffs will certainly look to see what Denver did to frustrate our offense…and determine if they can do the same.  Don’t you think?

Yes..

And my guess is our Oline sucked as a unit that day..

But whatever..

Brady hung a zero this year..

2 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I mean duh who wouldnt. Question is do they have the personnel to do it? The Denver 2ndary is pretty damned good.

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I mean duh who wouldnt. Question is do they have the personnel to do it? The Denver 2ndary is pretty damned good.

Of course I say this but then at the same time the Cheifs had tape on how to stop Chase when teams were doubling him and they still didnt do that. 

51 minutes ago, Cricket said:

…and there’s a good chance that our OL will suck as a unit in the playoffs…

This is what I  think will keep us from going much farther than the divisional round, the oline is subpar. Expecting Burrow to pull a victory out his ass every week just isn't realistic in the playoffs, the odds eventually even out.

I don't want to play the Patriots right off the bat not because I don't think we

can beat them (I do) or that we are "afraid" of them but I think Belicheck

is some sort of subtle 12th man kind of intimidation factor for the refs.

Questionable calls seem to sometimes go his was and I would not like to

see that enter into the game.  JMHO but dunno...

Let's knock off the Clots and break the playoff game loss curse and then

beat the Patriots.  And whoever comes next including in the Super Bowl.

The Bengals are on fire and peaking right now, just at the right time and

I still think some of the highest ranked teams may overlook us still.  I mean,

we handed Kansas City their asses after coming from THREE 14 point deficits

and almost/should have beaten Green Bay at home.

I think they know they got away with one.

18 hours ago, gupps said:

This is what I  think will keep us from going much farther than the divisional round, the oline is subpar. Expecting Burrow to pull a victory out his ass every week just isn't realistic in the playoffs, the odds eventually even out.

So the OL gets no credit for almost 1000 pasing yards in 2 games, but will get all the blame if they lose?

The Bengals have allowed 51 sacks so far this year, only the Ravens are worse. I couldn't find a hits/pressures total but I can't imagine it would be all that much different. That's pretty bad. Granted some of those may be on Burrow but that just means your oline must be even better to protect Joe from himself.

Expecting JB  to pull a rabbit out of his hat every week is unrealistic and more than a little unfair. Be nice if he could tho. :good2:

On 1/7/2022 at 3:41 AM, Hooky said:

First, It's a good thing we aren't actually part of the team and can worry about potential opponents without any repercussions..

Second, that is total crap. If the coaches have no negative concerns, how would they address potential threats. When Marvin was coach, it was often apparent that he was hellbent on running a game plan formula regardless of the opponent. He didn't seem to be concerned with attacking weaknesses on the other side. Hence, the lack of halftime adjustments. He seemed to keep jamming that square peg in the round hole.

But I guess that quote would probably sell some Nike T-shirts though. It's not any more inane than their other ones.

You're confusing "negative concerns" with "positive analysis".  One has nothing to do with the other.  When you have no negative concerns, you look at things from the perspective of knowing you will accomplish your goal.  When you prepare for live action you've come up with a plan that removes obstacles that can make you trip or stumble on the way towards reaching your goal.  That's pro-active and aggressive thinking regarding "potential threats", not negative concerns.  A negative concern should never enter your mind.  "Potential threats" are merely obstacles that should be overcome with pre-planning and then execution.  Done this my entire life and have been extremely successful because of never having a mindset where "negative concerns" can creep into the equation.  Success and aptitude are based on attitude and effort (along with discipline and sacrifice).  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

Marvin Lewis spent his entire Head Coaching career thinking about "negative concerns".  There's never been a Head Coach with a tighter asshole.

21 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Fifty-how many sacks?

Do you even watch the games?

Do you? That's only 3 sacks a game compared to how many plays he had a clean pocket to throw long to Chase and others. Yes there were pressures also and he extended plays, but you're ignoring all of the positive plays and having the 2nd leading rusher before yesterday's game.  Sure they need to improve the OL, but to not give them any credit is ridiculous.

38 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

How about this. 

The Oline has improved enough to put us in the playoffs and as Hooky said give us the 2nd leading rusher.

But it has a long way to go before any of us are comfortable with it. 51 sacks is FAR too many.

Absolutely. I'm just saying that they deserve credit. I am by no means content with the current OL. There is a lot of room for improvement. And if we're being fair and objective, a few of those sacks were on Burrow. In the first play of the KC game, he had a decent pocket and held the ball too long. Romo of all people should've pointed that out, but that was their chance to go on about the sack numbers and the OL. Burrow has improved in that area, but has a ways to go. Just like how he cut down on the ints at the end of the season. He is obviously getting there, but he is not there yet. We'll see on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Do you? That's only 3 sacks a game compared to how many plays he had a clean pocket to throw long to Chase and others. Yes there were pressures also and he extended plays, but you're ignoring all of the positive plays and having the 2nd leading rusher before yesterday's game.  Sure they need to improve the OL, but to not give them any credit is ridiculous.

Sacks:  30th

Pressure %:  21st

Blitzed:  4th least

They get a participation trophy.

Archived