Random Thoughts About the Season

6 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

id imagine they want mahomes and Jones, bigger markets, and the media has been pretending Jones is great for 4 months, theyd love to keep going. boston is double the market cincy is

I should correct that from Goodell to myself...😎

On 1/5/2022 at 11:04 AM, membengal said:

---I see now very clearly that ZT had a plan to manage Burrow's entry into the season - and it was a very appropriate plan. Frustrating at the outset, but makes a ton of sense in hindsight in terms of Burrow's knee recovery and the line being new together.
---That said, this team's ceiling will be reached when they are able to fully turn him loose every game like they have the last few.
---Drafting Chase was the ABSOLUTE RIGHT CALL
---THAT said, seriously upgrading the line to where Burrow is only getting sacked a league average of times (say - 25-30) as opposed to 50+ is the final piece toward Super Bowl(s)
---The two games that Burrow just put together would have been ridiculous at any time in a season/career, BUT - to do it in two must win games against good teams...well. Damn.
---Chase's game against the Chiefs was the most consistently dominant performance I have seen from a Bengals player since Dillon set the NFL rushing record (at the time) against the Broncos. The difference...a crucial win game against a top opponent as opposed to Dillon doing that in the midst of yet another sad season against a team that overlooked them.  The last time I remember giggling in awe at an athletic feat by a Bengals player before the jaw dropping moment of Chase planting his foot and cruising in hyper-drive for the opening TD against the Chiefs were those Dillon second half runs against the Broncos. Some players are just...different.
---We all know Burrow is also just...different. It's the little things, and the big things. But him turning to the sidelines as Chase ran into the end zone with the 69-yard catch to pull us to within 28-24 on Sunday with a screamed "LET'S GO" was the kind of thing that felt like a football general firing up all the troops. That the defense rose to the occasion after that is...not surprising in hindsight.
---People have said that Burrow's ability to process and problem solve will only grow exponentially as he sees more formations and adds them to his mental rolodex, and, 26 games in, I believe that.
---Add in, he is going to grow in this offense with Chase AND Higgins - aged 21 and 22 - the mental connection he already has with Chase and is building with Higgins is gonna be beyond anything we've ever seen with this franchise I suspect.
---I was still cautiously hopeful on ZT, especially when he finally FINALLY cut ties with Turner at o-line coach, but it is really heartening to see the buy-in he was selling to players pay off. I think he can be a really good coach going forward in terms of results.
---I was much less hopeful on LouA, but good on ZT for sticking with him as it turns out. And good on LouA for staying with his vision. I can see the path to the D being "good enough" in support of this offense in the coming years for championships.
---The recruitment of players in FA about to be HELLA easy. And, we are about to win all sorts of FA battles that we never used to because players are gonna take a bit less at times if all else about the offers is mostly equal to play with Joe Burrow. We were already seeing that, but that's about to become even more so.

Anyone else got random stuff they want to chat about? React?

This is the happiest I have been in a LONG time as a fan. Pre-knee Carson probably the last time I was this hopeful. Fingers crossed.

Cleverst bot ever. `16 years on the board to weigh in with bot thoughts outta nowhere. I am diabolical. 

10 minutes ago, membengal said:

Cleverst bot ever. `16 years on the board to weigh in with bot thoughts outta nowhere. I am diabolical. 

It was one if the weirdest posts ive read

on here...

Hey Ive been targeted on here in the past.

Alot of us have..

Keep the "bots" and your views coming.

Very appreciative..

Archived