The “Resting” Lineup vs CFT

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

"What about me?" 

Bears' Andy Dalton deems himself a game-time decision vs. Lions. Rookie Justin Fields started in the Bears’ Week 3 loss against the Browns in place of Dalton

Would be a good backup. Definitely would be an upgrade if the price was right. But dam he got 10 mil from the Bears for a year omg. Guess Brandon Allen at 1.5 mil doesn`t look too bad as long as we don`t need him to actually win some games.

32 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Would be a good backup. Definitely would be an upgrade if the price was right. But dam he got 10 mil from the Bears for a year omg. Guess Brandon Allen at 1.5 mil doesn`t look too bad as long as we don`t need him to actually win some games.

He got that amount, because he was signed to be the starter. When they decided to throw Fields in, it meant he won't be in Chicago next season. With the league-wide QB musical chairs narrowing down, he will likely settle in to be the valued higher-end backup type who teams will feel comfortable with for 4-6 games if he is so needed. He won't get $10 bills again for certain, but would be worth plenty more than $1.5. 

I doubt he needs the money anyhow--he is really well set. If he still wants to play, he would know his role, and $3.5-$4 would be value for such a key position on a Playoff-caliber club.  

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

He got that amount, because he was signed to be the starter. When they decided to throw Fields in, it meant he won't be in Chicago next season. With the league-wide QB musical chairs narrowing down, he will likely settle in to be the valued higher-end backup type who teams will feel comfortable with for 4-6 games if he is so needed. He won't get $10 bills again for certain, but would be worth plenty more than $1.5. 

I doubt he needs the money anyhow--he is really well set. If he still wants to play, he would know his role, and $3.5-$4 would be value for such a key position on a Playoff-caliber club.  

Think that is key right there, we should be a playoff caliber team for years to come and agree the backup position becomes a more important position with that, and to have someone with more experience who has actually been a regular starter would be another benefit for the team. 

God forbid we need him to play but just having a credible guy communicating with Burrow who has actually had some success would be a big plus. And if needed those type players could win games. And with Burrows status anyone who came in would know their role.

Lets bring back the red BB gun 😄

7 hours ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Can anyone chime in. I caught part of the game on my phone when I had a chance and haven`t cared to watch the recording of the backups yet. But it seems to me and some have said we need a better backup Qb. Brandon sad face not sure I want to be here Allen is great when he is on the sideline but he does not give me any hope when he has to play in a game. Good thing he hasn`t been needed much but man if we did need him I feel like we would be screwed. Want a better capable backup, make him 3rd string and he can still be on the sideline helping Joe Burrow, if he is really helping like Joe says. Maybe he is trying to be like ice cold Joe Burrow with his game face but he stinks.

Brandon tanked on purpose to improve Joey B’s chances for being the league MVP.  😎

14 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I think Allen is worse than most #2 guys. Hell I think Josh Johnson looked better when we played Balt. Keenum is better. We do need to improve this position

Based on Sunday's game? It's not a fair assessment, since he wasn't playing with the 1s. Sure, we could probably upgrade, but who knows how he would do with the 1s (Obviously agree that I don't want to find out and that teams are screwed 9 times out of 10 if they have to resort to their backup). Yes, he did last year, but that was a different offense and other starters were out. With that said, it's safe to assume that we would be better off with a more seasoned veteran and it would be worth the price increase (within reason).

Archived