F it, I'm a fan so I'll talk about it... What if....

What if we do go to the Super Bowl, what if we win it all.  Why not us.  As a fan in this sense I have the freedom to put the cart before the horse sometimes.  How epic would our season have been, then, a literal from last to first.  I don't know if my heart could take being that excited.

Just now, Jungletiger said:

What if we do go to the Super Bowl, what if we win it all.  Why not us.  As a fan in this sense I have the freedom to put the cart before the horse sometimes.  How epic would our season have been, then, a literal from last to first.  I don't know if my heart could take being that excited.

I'm sure the Bengals winning a Super Bowl will be epic, but I wouldn't know from experience. 

Maybe so.  Are they getting hot at the right time?  That seems to be a big part of it these days. 

1 minute ago, Jungletiger said:

"Are they hot at the right time?"  That's what scares me about resting starters in this last game.  Our O was on fire these last few games, I hope they pick up where they left off and don't cool down.

JB cool down?

Think about that...

6 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

I do think about it, I WANT a SB, but even the greatest have off games, otherwise we'd be 16-0 right now.

Right..

That pertains to every QB in the playoffs...

Better to rest and heal up his injuries .

Im not worried about a cooldown..

Teams that have byes arent worried about a cooldown period.

You shouldnt either..

No matter what happens, this team is headed in the right direction and has some important pieces in place. We all know we need to upgrade the line and that may be the downfall in the playoffs or maybe guys on the offensive line are gaining confidence and getting better and they make a run. Either way they should be better next year and have the confidence of a playoff team and should expect them to be even better up front next year. This year has been such an emotional roller coaster but has turned out pretty great, but praying Joe Burrow does not get hurt each week takes a toll. I think they will go as far as the offensive line allows. If they protect Joe Burrow this team can play with any of them.  

I've been thinking about it too...and in order to help with that outcome...I'm trying to reverse jinx things.  I'm planning on leaving the country the week of the Super Bowl to see my parents...they always do a SB party with their friends.   I figure that if I chose a different week in case the Bengals DO make the SB so I can go to LA...then they definitely won't make it.  BUT...if I go see my folks...then they WILL go to the SB since I won't be able to go.

Sound logic, right?

At least I'll get a SB party out of it regardless. :) 

26 minutes ago, Lawshark13 said:

I've been thinking about it too...and in order to help with that outcome...I'm trying to reverse jinx things.  I'm planning on leaving the country the week of the Super Bowl to see my parents...they always do a SB party with their friends.   I figure that if I chose a different week in case the Bengals DO make the SB so I can go to LA...then they definitely won't make it.  BUT...if I go see my folks...then they WILL go to the SB since I won't be able to go.

Sound logic, right?

At least I'll get a SB party out of it regardless. :) 

Enjoy youself...

Like we all have this season watching this transpire..

I mean who would have thought?

Except. JB..😎

37 minutes ago, Since 87 said:

I've never understood why people get so scared of resting players the final instead of fighting for the chance at.... a first round bye. 

Isn't that basically what they're doing??  Having a week of practice, an Exhibition game, and then another week of practice before we let the rabbit out?  

I absolutely think that Bengals fans have a right to feel just like LSU fans did watching Joe Burrow and company absolutely light it up down the stretch on the way to a NC. 

Even in the NFL with just 26 games under his belt, he's playing EXACTLY like he did down the stretch for the Tigers. It's just unreal to watch.

Sky's the limit as far as I'm concerned. He's 100% THAT guy, IMO. 

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I'm sure the Bengals winning a Super Bowl will be epic, but I wouldn't know from experience. 

Maybe so.  Are they getting hot at the right time?  That seems to be a big part of it these days. 

getting hot and no major injuries 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

I absolutely think that Bengals fans have a right to feel just like LSU fans did watching Joe Burrow and company absolutely light it up down the stretch on the way to a NC. 

Even in the NFL with just 26 games under his belt, he's playing EXACTLY like he did down the stretch for the Tigers. It's just unreal to watch.

Sky's the limit as far as I'm concerned. He's 100% THAT guy, IMO. 

i hope all the Bengal fans who praised Dalton realize now what a real leader and winner looks like.  Dullton was a bum.  

Archived