F it, I'm a fan so I'll talk about it... What if....

11 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'd take Zim back in a minute, the question for me would be more would Taylor and he work together? 

In half a second. Even as some 'special advisor' role. I think I read once he still has a home in the area.

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If the Jags hired ML he could bring Zim there as well. 

I can't find it now but I read where Willie Anderson is pushing for Marvin to go to the Jags.  Says he is good at building young teams... whatever.

Also former Bengal LB, Brian Simmons works in the Jags front office (or did) so maybe a little in there for Marv.

Or, Icy, to turn your thought around, how about Zimmer for Head Coach, Marv an assistant?

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I'd take Zim back in a minute, the question for me would be more would Taylor and he work together? 

I'd also consider Vic Fangio, say what you will but the Broncos have a good defense.

I agree completely, Zach is not as fiery as Zim...  Fangio is a thought though.

And I would like to know how many other Qb`s could get their knee blown out, come back, still get sacked as many times as Burrow without a mention of blame on his offensive line. And for him to still be able to carry this team and have a pro bowl type year is just amazing and a testament to his toughness and team player mentality.

5 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If the Jags hired ML he could bring Zim there as well. 

Lol I was just getting ready to post that I couldn't believe that no one else but us had thought of the whole Marvin to the Jags thing yet and now I read that Willie Anderson of all people is trying to steal credit for our idea. 

What kind of shit is that? Child please :facepalm:

4 hours ago, CalifBengalfan said:

And I would like to know how many other Qb`s could get their knee blown out, come back, still get sacked as many times as Burrow without a mention of blame on his offensive line. And for him to still be able to carry this team and have a pro bowl type year is just amazing and a testament to his toughness and team player mentality.

Palmer, Carson  2006

2 hours ago, kennethmw said:

He ever have Two games with 971 yards, 8 TD's and 0 interceptions??  Has anybody?  Take your time, I'll wait!!😂😂

Has Burrow ever beaten the Stealers on the road in a playoff game?  The Hobo in Cleveland has.  I love Burrow but I loved Palmer too.  Gotten win some post season games before I anoint him. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Palmer, Carson  2006

8-8 following knee injury and not sacked as much at 36 times in 2006, also didn`t make the playoffs 3 years after injury so don`t think he counts as carrying his team. Only sacked 17 times in 2007 and 11 times 2008 but still failed to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Has Burrow ever beaten the Stealers on the road in a playoff game?   I love Burrow but I loved Palmer too.  Gotten win some post season games. 

Loved Palmer too, one of the best pure throwers of the football was a joy to watch him sling it. But he didn`t have the leadership qualities of Joe Burrow. Jb has it all and will probably become the best qb the Bengals have ever had. He might not have a cannon but his placement, anticipation, and smarts is second to none, to go along with his leader quality. And Palmer never beat the stealers on the road in a playoff game or anyone else for that matter while he was a Bengal. And think he only won one round of playoffs his whole career and that was with the Cardinals.

35 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

8-8 following knee injury and not sacked as much at 36 times in 2006, also didn`t make the playoffs 3 years after injury so don`t think he counts as carrying his team. Only sacked 17 times in 2007 and 11 times 2008 but still failed to make the playoffs.

Defense Rank:

2005: 28th

2006: 30th

2007: 27th

Tough to make the playoffs when you defense sucks.  

Palmer only played 4 games in 2008. 

By the way, not saying Palmer was better, just saying Palmer had horrible defenses and a whole lot of “distractions” on his teams.  

The front office was a disaster back then.  

54 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Defense Rank:

2005: 28th

2006: 30th

2007: 27th

Tough to make the playoffs when you defense sucks.  

Palmer only played 4 games in 2008. 

By the way, not saying Palmer was better, just saying Palmer had horrible defenses and a whole lot of “distractions” on his teams.  

The front office was a disaster back then.  

Got it, think we can all agree his talent was sadly wasted here.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

So has Baker Mayfield. 

Yes Baker has..

Behind the best Oline unit in the past decade.....

Give him number a  1 receiver to put the Browns into contention again.

Stefanski dropped the pass action and the roof fell in..

Jimmy. Haslim agreed with Baker as he shold....

Stefabski is not on solid ground right now aside he was NFL COTY award..

Bakers probably drooling over the thought of Garret Wilson to sling to..

10 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Some big games and some prime time games

EXACTLY. The guy doesn't fold under pressure. See his National Championship game? See what he did, and what Trevor Lawrence DIDN'T do? Even Dalton had issues with big games when he played for TCU. Look up his game stats on big games in college. That's the reason I wanted McCarron to stay as QB over Dalton. McCarron was more poised under pressure. Dalton just threw int after int and low ratings for all playoff games he was in. 

9 hours ago, Gary said:

EXACTLY. The guy doesn't fold under pressure. See his National Championship game? See what he did, and what Trevor Lawrence DIDN'T do? Even Dalton had issues with big games when he played for TCU. Look up his game stats on big games in college. That's the reason I wanted McCarron to stay as QB over Dalton. McCarron was more poised under pressure. Dalton just threw int after int and low ratings for all playoff games he was in. 

I liked Dalton too.  Was a great person and the whole grounded family man had some good years. But many times seemed the team let him down, rather it was drops or defense or just team chaos. But then again like you say many times he just wasn`t built for the pressure when things got tough and the team needed him to take over a game just wasn`t his style. Don`t think anyone was ever scared of facing the Bengals with Dalton.  And the other thing is his leadership qualities do not seem to compare to Burrow, not many do. I don`t think people underestimate that quality and can see that it just oozes out of Burrow. You either have it or you have to learn what it takes to be a leader but it is so much more real and embraced when a guy just does and says things the right way and leads by example at a high level and there is no scripted thought process to it. And if you are a winner people will follow you that much easier. Some people are just special, I think we are blessed with Joe Burrow leading the way.

10 hours ago, Gary said:

McCarron’s numbers for the one playoff game he played in were pretty bad.  We didn’t score until the 4th quarter.  The defense is why won that game until we didn’t.  

51 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The defense is why won that game until we didn’t

Vontaze Burfict specifically. He single-handedly wrecked that that Pitt offense. 

That might have gone down as the greatest playoff game ever played by a LB until it all went sideways. 

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

Has Burrow ever beaten the Stealers on the road in a playoff game?  The Hobo in Cleveland has.  I love Burrow but I loved Palmer too.  Gotten win some post season games before I anoint him. 

Damn Bro, has he played a playoff game?  that's your Negative Nancy reaction, common amongst a number of long term Beatdown Bengals fans.  You're watching the same shit I am, this Kid has "IT".  Baker has NEVER looked like this.  We have a 4500 yard passer, 2 1000 yard recievers, another 800+ yard reciever, a 1000 yard rusher, two DEs with more sacks than the entire team had last year, and a solid D Backfield.  and they have almost all their premier pieces already signed for the next couple of years.  Personally, I think they are a year early, but I'll take what I see.

Archived